Don't you hate traders digging up any kind of excuse in order to profit out of you?

`Yahiamice

amk7aqd.png

mUbB089.png

wbVsypJ.png

DWWC1QB.png

Discuss. You may also post similar stories.

I've seen worse, Russians just love to lowball like crap, same with Filipinos, Indonesians, and Koreans.

Like there's one time where this kid offered me a robo hat with a halloween effect and told me to add along with my hearts bonnet. His hat was ~45, sure, but can't he see that his hat was cancer? I mean, jeez...

The biggest issue is not only people that lowball, but is the fact that when you explain them that they are wrong (as polite as possible of course), they still go on with their idea without even considering yours, like you're the crazy one.

So they are either stupid or ignorant (or both) and don't know how market prices and items work, or they intentionally attempt to deceive you in order for them to gain more profit knowing the actual value of their item, which is worse.

r00d

I can actually confirm this lol. All of my friends that are Filipino lowball the fuck out of me. 

can confirm discovery is lowball scum

Now, seriously, I don't mind it. I just ignore it. We're all trying to get a profit here so... yeah, I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of advertising.

can confirm discovery is lowball scum

Now, seriously, I don't mind it. I just ignore it. We're all trying to get a profit here so... yeah, I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of advertising.

Can confirm that Emmy's confirming me as a lowball scum

The biggest issue is not only people that lowball, but is the fact that when you explain them that they are wrong (as polite as possible of course), they still go on with their idea without even considering yours, like you're the crazy one.

^

I've seen worse, Russians just love to lowball like crap, same with Filipinos, Indonesians, and Koreans.

Like there's one time where this kid offered me a robo hat with a halloween effect and told me to add along with my hearts bonnet. His hat was ~45, sure, but can't he see that his hat was cancer? I mean, jeez...

I'm Korean. I take offense. *Sarcasm Intensifies* The things Koreans will do for power and profit has overlapped every other country in the world. Our current president is trying to make a new history book that makes Japan look like a saviour to our country damn it! (Hint: Japan took over Korea for 36 years, and it was literally the second holocaust.)

And of course there's the fact that Korea's licking the bottom of the OECD government transparency charts.

Whenever i see people in outpost saying

"im in no rush to sell, so im fine with keeping it".

And whenever some is tryna sell a hat with no buyout, i think

"Offer twice its value and beg for it or be denied."

Also people over-use the term "god-tier"

I'm Korean. I take offense. *Sarcasm Intensifies* The things Koreans will do for power and profit has overlapped every other country in the world. Our current president is trying to make a new history book that makes Japan look like a saviour to our country damn it! (Hint: Japan took over Korea for 36 years, and it was literally the second holocaust.)

And of course there's the fact that Korea's licking the bottom of the OECD government transparency charts.

we asked for opinions not politics and history

Japan has done some pretty fucked up shit that's still covered up.

Anyways, some traders are shit heads. I've had too many people trying to sell me their unusual triboniphorus tyrannuses for more than their values and more than their own buyouts.

dHeFJESUS: tossle+ bonk + 6 keys 
dHeFJESUS: because your hat is duped 
dHeFJESUS: 5 keys* 
REXp: you're not lowering your offer 
REXp: tossle + bonk + luger + 5 
REXp: it won't get better than that 
dHeFJESUS: lol 
dHeFJESUS: tossle + bonk 
dHeFJESUS: last offer or block 
REXp: bye felicia 
dHeFJESUS is now Offline. 

So they are either stupid or ignorant (or both) and don't know how market prices and items work, or they intentionally attempt to deceive you in order for them to gain more profit knowing the actual value of their item, which is worse.

Don't bother trying to reason with these people.  They will not listen and they will never give you a decent trade.  This what block is for.  If you don't block them, you risk letting them waste more of your time in the future.

People overuse stuff like "1 of 1" or 1 of 3" like it makes a game changing difference

1 of 1 does make a huge difference. 

Just saying.

One of the things that bugs me "I love this hat so I'm not really interested in selling unless amazing offer" also "Hot is the best effect in my opinion" and 2 trades later "Isotope is the best effect in my opinion". Like shut up trying to get a few more keys out of somebody.

People overuse stuff like "1 of 1" or 1 of 3" like it makes a game changing difference

Well, if you had one of the 20 Lamborghini Sesto Elementos in the world, would you not want to mention it? 

don't you hate when the people shitting on other people in this thread do the exact same shit :)

any offer with justification is unfounded. Any explanation or description provided unsolicited and beyond what is available by hovering on the item's tile is unnecessary and comes across as sharkish.

Happens to me all the time. I put up a listing on backpack.tf and get trade offers from Indonesians low-balling me. :(

Once this dude was REALLY SURE that my hat was worth 3 keys because it was duped.  It was pretty funny. Not like quickbuyers will pay 8 keys for any hat regardless of price or being duped / gifted

But... but... I'm korean ;-;

A Korean once traded me a smoking towering pillar of hats (~18) for my tf logo cannonball (~55 at that time)

After that I'm always scared of Koreans. And when I added him to not lowball in Korean (via google translate), he called me a fucking bitch in english. Way to go.

Archived