Was this a shark?

JPD

it's most definitely a shark when it comes to 1:1 value

It definitely looks suspicious, but we cannot be 100% sure if there was any cash/other items involved in the trade. Edit: I cannot find any other items involved

Upon further research this guy is definitely suspicious, it seems that another guy (highly likely an alt) sharked a scorching bats tree for a vivd milkman

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198134682514?time=1447920000&compare=1448179200

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vizzrecked/

and he possibly masked the shark with a trade for a HG samureye

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198091301355?time=1448179200&compare=1448006400

Yep i can almost confirm it was a shark. Just added the guy and asked him stuff, he said hes a new trader and did not know he was sharked.

Pirana_drana: hello!
=3 Censored: hallu owo
Pirana_drana: I just added to let you know that you may have been sharked and i just wanted to see if thers anything i could do to help :/
=3 Censored: kk owo...thank chu o.o
=3 Censored: i am kinda new ish...one of meh fwend is like guiding me xD
Pirana_drana: your spellbound kiss king you traded for an unusual sniper rifle
=3 Censored: yea?
Pirana_drana: yoru kissking is worth a lot more than the sniper
Pirana_drana: like a lot
Pirana_drana: probably 4 or 5 times more
=3 Censored: o.o
=3 Censored: how?
Pirana_drana: because it is a very rare hat with a very high effect

Thing is, you have proof it was a shark-ish trade as far is value is concerned, but no actual proof that actual sharking took place - that is to say, that Incognito misrepresented the value of his items. He just got good deals, without that proof.

I'm not defending the guy - If you can prove that, please please do. But don't jump the gun on making reports when you don't have the necessary evidence.

I NEVER said my sniper rifle was worth his kiss king, I asked him what he wanted from my backpack and he said he liked my rifle. I offered him 1:1 and he said sure. He asked if I had any sniper items and said he would throw in his kit. Now the tree. I added him and asked what he wanted. I offered my samureye and festivizer, but he said he wanted an unusual milkman. I asked him what effect, and he said GE. I asked him if vivid was ok, and he said sure. He specifically picked an item, and I bought the item and we traded. Never once did I tell him his item was worth less or more. Same with the kiss king. Like gent said, I never mentioned prices once, feel free to

Also I like how you guys are all saying "the guy" or "this guy" and "him" as well as talking like I can't ser the thread. Sort of rude you know, who am I? Voldenort? He who must not be named??? Lol xD

at least 150 key profit, good job taking advantage of someone who doesnt know about prices cheers!

Probably a lot more. I imagine the sniper rifle being less than 100 keys and the kiss king more than 300 atleast.

How is this relavent? He chose the item he wanted and I gave it to him. No Sharking took place.

cause you knew your item was worth a small fraction of his.

How is this relavent? He chose the item he wanted and I gave it to him. No Sharking took place.

Quick question, did you add him to offer on it or did he find you? Simply curious

Would anyone be willing to file a report on him since I'm not really experienced in that.

Unless someone has screens and chat logs pertaining to this trade and is able to prompt the "victim" into reporting this to tf2OP no action can be taken

I actually found him while playing on a CTF server, and a shark would be me telling him that his item was worth less than mine, i never did that, i asked him what he liked, he chose, and we traded. and you can add him and ask if i ever told him his item was worth less than mine, he will confirm i never did. Also, this is a really touchy subject as both items are unpriced and the kiss king is 1/1, so it was a fair trade from that standpoint. 

Concerning the tree, he asked for a milkman, i asked him which effect. He said GE or vivid, then i asked him if he would 1:1. He said yes. So i went and found Fishman and got the trade. He had nothing to do with this topic. No alts, nothing. Simply i discounted my Samur-eye for his milkman and bought the tree for what the owner asked for. 

you might not have by definition "sharked" him but youre still a dick for taking advantage of an obviously new trader, and that bs about not telling him any prices might be an excuse as to why its not a shark but its still as shitty to do

for all of your's info my friend incognito is no sharker. incognito asked the kid what he wanted for his item and the kid said. i want the unsusal sniper. that isnt incognito's fault the kid was unknowing and ignorant to trading    10:41 PM - Subway: so they all are reporting you and calling u sharker

10:41 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: jealous fags
10:41 PM - Subway: lol
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: yep'
10:42 PM - Subway: did u shark him?
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: not at all
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: i asked him what he wanted
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: and i paid it
10:42 PM - Subway: u can tell me the truth i wont tell :3
10:42 PM - Subway: i dont care
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: lol its the truth
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: i asked him what he wanted
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: and he said
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: ur sniper
10:42 PM - Subway: did u know hsi item was worth way more?
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: yes i knew
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: and i was ready to pay a lot more
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: but since he said
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: your sniper
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: i was like
10:42 PM - In¢ognito (KSG)™: FUCK YEAH
10:42 PM - Subway: lol
10:42 PM - Subway: ^_^

So if someone is offering you some profit, are you gonna say "Oh no, I can't do this! I am paying too little! Here let me give you more!" ???

So if someone is offering you some profit, are you gonna say "Oh no, I can't do this! I am paying too little! Here let me give you more!" ???

Actually I've done that every single time some new trader asked for an item of mine worth less than his. Normally i leave less than a ref worth of profit for me.

Edit: Then again maybe this is the reason why my backpack is what it is and your backpack is what it is. Shows that honesty isn't good for profit :P

you might not have by definition "sharked" him but youre still a dick for taking advantage of an obviously new trader, and that bs about not telling him any prices might be an excuse as to why its not a shark but its still as shitty to do

I'm now requesting a lock for this topic, this thread has become a dick-waving contest.

Incognito, as I outlined earlier, you're not a shark. Don't pretend you're not perhaps morally dubious for what you're doing.

Everyone else, Incognito is not a shark. We're fucking aware this is morally dubious, why ANYBODY posted after Incognito posted confirmation it wasn't a shark is beyond me, other than the ability to go "hurr durr look at me and my moral high-ground."

All of you go and take a long hard think about why you're even here.

Archived