Geel making a deskopt app?

Estarossa

[–]geel9 40 points

11 hours ago

Good news! Myself and Jessecar (we made scrap.tf!) are working on a Steam Desktop Authenticator -- so you can trade escrow-free without needing an Android or iOS device.

From Reddit

What do you guys think?

Honestly I don't even care about having to use the mobile app or the authentication. It's the breaking of the bots and not being able to use bp.tf automatic that piss me off. Fixes for that are more important in my mind. However, by not having a way for all the kiddies to authenticate, they are going to be driving away thousands of active steam users and TF2 players/traders. That in it self could trigger a massive "bear market" if you will for items that could spiral out of control. We shall see....

Will this somehow break the Valve TOS?  While I would love to use this, I would want to make sure they aren't going to start issuing bans for using a 3rd party app.

Will this somehow break the Valve TOS?  While I would love to use this, I would want to make sure they aren't going to start issuing bans for using a 3rd party app.

People are already using bluestacks. But im fine with my phone

Ask Support.

Edit: "If a 3rd party gains access to your authenticator data they will gain full instant access to your Steam account and all its items!"

Though the app is aimed for people w/o a phone, it still keeps them at risk via phishing / key logging, which goes against what Steam Mobile Authentication and Trade Hold was meant to not do (protect people's accounts from getting hijacked)

Archived