Will 2 keys get you anywhere?

Kawaii-Chan (♡ヮ♡)

That's all I have. Can I really get anywhere with this much stuff? I have around 5 ref as well but that doesn't really matter. What do you think I can do with this? Is there any way to increase this? Where can I find good trades?

Thanks a lot in advance ._.

I'm in roughly the same boat as you are, except that I also have ~$5 worth of items in my Dota 2 inventory. For now, I'm just trying to make small profits until I can safely and easily flip more expensive items (mid-high tier stranges, weapon skins, ks weapons, etc.). Not much you can do, besides the usual backpack.tf classifieds, TF2 Outpost and such, I guess. Trading servers are also worth the visit, considering how a lot of miraculous deals can happen there. So yeah, I'm pretty much as clueless as you are, so any advice would also be helpful for me. 

I'm not even trying hard though, to be honest.

well considering I started with 2 keys, yes you can. Start by turning those keys into ref, then start buying cheap miscs and stranges. Then when you have enough, start buying festives and more stranges. You can get very far with 2 keys. You just need patience.

Good luck and happy trading

I started with 9 keys back in 2011, and then was able to keep making around a half key to a key profit minimum per day. After cashing out over 1300 keys later via PayPal, yes it can be done. It's called be patient and keep searching for good deals. 

That's all I have. Can I really get anywhere with this much stuff? I have around 5 ref as well but that doesn't really matter. What do you think I can do with this? Is there any way to increase this? Where can I find good trades?

Thanks a lot in advance ._.

My whole backpack is from 2 keys.

I started my trading with an uncraftable machina. I recentely sold my backpack for 33 keys and flipped it into my dream demoman loadout. It is possible, and it only took me a little more then a year.

I started with 9 keys back in 2011, and then was able to keep making around a half key to a key profit minimum per day. After cashing out over 1300 keys later via PayPal, yes it can be done. It's called be patient and keep searching for good deals. 

Back in those days keys are worth so little metal. I had a lot of metal from scrapping but I was F2P until keys doubled tripled in ref price +_+

Not sure how true 'the economy is dying' but it's certainly seem to be slowing down for me.

(I started with 1 backpack expander and 12/13 refined metal from my F2P days.)

I got to where I was by getting lucky with donations and luck from MvM and aussies, however I did do some trading up.

Not much to warrent my $300+ bp, but meh.

It can be done with patience as others have said, but considering TF2 is a 2007 release, it's almost on it's way out tbh.

Anything's possible. A few months back I used to camp at the backpack.tf key classified listing site to buy keys for 15-16 ref and sell them for 16 - 17 ref. At times I would make 1-2 key profit, sometimes only 10 ref+ profit. Once I had enough keys I went on to banking Australium items ( buy low, sell slightly higher ) which all worked all great...

Until some guy decided to vote to drop Australium prices and key prices started increasing out of no where. 

Started with ~1key about a year and a half ago

ended up with ~550 keys pure and moved over to csgo

then I now i'm in the process of cashing out ;ppp

Anything's possible. A few months back I used to camp at the backpack.tf key classified listing site to buy keys for 15-16 ref and sell them for 16 - 17 ref. At times I would make 1-2 key profit, sometimes only 10 ref+ profit. Once I had enough keys I went on to banking Australium items ( buy low, sell slightly higher ) which all worked all great...

Until some guy decided to vote to drop Australium prices and key prices started increasing out of no where. 

Wow, that sucks, but that's a really good idea. Right now, key prices are rising again... my guess is they'll keep rising until Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, do you guys think it is a good idea to buy festives right now and sell them on Christmas? Will they sell for more?

For two keys, I'll tell you the secret of what to do with two keys.

Speaking of Christmas, do you guys think it is a good idea to buy festives right now and sell them on Christmas? Will they sell for more?

No.  They usually go down around xmas because the new ones come out and because everyone else is also trying to sell the old ones at the same time.  Of course, there's always the chance that it could be different this year, but I highly doubt it.

For two keys, I'll tell you the secret of what to do with two keys.

No.  They usually go down around xmas because the new ones come out and because everyone else is also trying to sell the old ones at the same time.  Of course, there's always the chance that it could be different this year, but I highly doubt it.

I won't risk it then, thanks for the advice.

Also lol :P

Your initial capital is not as limiting as you may think. No matter what you have, the principle is the same - look for opportunities. If there aren't any, make them. 2 Keys is plenty to go from, especially due to the growing rift in metal --> Key conversion and vice versa. Personally, started from $2 last summer (2014) and made about $10,000 USD from trading-up. Trading can be profitable if done correctly. I heard from a wise trader that your inventory growth is exponentially conditioned on your previous inventory wealth, this is very true and you can take advantage of this property to amplify your profit over time. Start small, grow larger and strive to be the best.

Outdone to the max. :c

My whole backpack and every game in my Steam library except Terraria started with nothing. I was literally given an Upgrade to Premium gift so that I could start trading.

My whole backpack and every game in my Steam library except Terraria started with nothing. I was literally given an Upgrade to Premium gift so that I could start trading.

Ur backpack isn't as valuable so I feel more secure c:

Ur backpack isn't as valuable so I feel more secure c:

But I also have 47 games bought via trading. There's a reason I mentioned my Steam library, which you have clearly ignored.

my whole bp is from 7 keys in 2012 when they were worth 2.33, though i dont make good choices trading wise, i do believe it can be done.

I don't get it. Where do you find good deals? The best I can do right now is buy level 100 hats at regular price from people and sell them for 1 ref above normal price. As you can imagine, it's going pretty slow... I just can't see how you guys find the great deals you are talking about :I

Archived