How much do trading sites make?

Major Erection

I'm curious to how much sites like backpack.tf or tf2outpost makes.

I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of people donating and buying premium on backpack.tf and tf2outpost. I know sites like csgolounge makes most of their money off betting but since there is no betting on backpack.tf, how much do they make?

Also do the creators do this fulltime?

Please don't hate on me for being a noob :/

Just really curious to how do people maintain community sites

Just really curious to how do people maintain community sites

Either taking a cut from people using their services, adverts, donations or payment for their services and to some extent sponsorship.

As far as I know think only scrap.tf and CS:GO lounge owners are full time (?) fairly certain snezza is not full time and someone posted brad's profile for some job thingo a while back so he probably isnt full time either.

All scrap.tf staff are paid a good amount, devs get paid a lot more than mods/admins though. I don't really know how much they get paid, but it's enough to have bat-country live off it. That should be enough to know how much they make.

Background info Jesse doesn't want out, oops I'm already banned <3

And here I thought, they're making just enough to maintain the site. How naive can I be :/

Pretty awesome that people are able to survive solely on tf2 alone.

GABEN, I'M IMPRESSED BY YOUR POWER.

Backpack.tf makes a lot of money mainly from ads and probably a ehh-ish portion from their lotto.

CSGOLounge is somewhat similar, however, they may also get some money from taking a share of the bets on their site. Because of it becoming the mainstream site for betting on csgo matches, I'd say that they'd be earning quite a lot a day.

Creators don't really have to be full-time however, the commitment from the start till alpha of their project has to be consistent in order to get things done. Once everything's set up, you can then just sit back and relax.

People maintain the community by doing giveaways / an incentive in order to get people to join. It's all a marketing ploy that reels in more people.

If you want to know how to maintain 'community sites', well, you just need to employ / recruit some moderators so that it doesn't become a craphole.

Archived