"only whites can be racist"

cąℓσceđrus ☁☽

Obv not entirely..

But to some extent, I think the majority of those who are racist are white.  Im pretty sure racism towards darker color skin came from slavery.  They werent treated as humans, they were treated as workers, so yeah im pretty sure thats what started it in America.  

Hopefully as time goes on both parties will move past it.  Abe Lincoln ended slavery, King Jr. fought for rights, Jackie, Rosa Parks, etc, all of them contributed to ending racism, but hopefully as time goes on EVERYONE will move past it.

BUT, for me personally (im white) and im not racist. Ill admit, yeah sometimes ill cetch myself coming to assumptions of what someone is going to do based off what they looks like, but I never ever verbally or even mentally will put someone down because of their skin color.

TBH.. I think white people as a whole get their fair share of hate too. The whole 'Black Lives Matter All lives matter whatever you wanna call it' thing makes black people hate ALL white people when something "Unjust" happens. Latusha Nedd straight up said "Its open season for crackers" just because a few dudes on a google hangout said some racist things to her.  So she basically said she wants to kill white people, not just those few dudes, so if she and her friends actually went out killing people, ALL the white people would pay for it! And if one white cop messes up and shoots a black guy, excessive or not, all the white people pay for it.  Riots happen, places get looted, people get hurt.

Kinda went off topic of racism there, but just thought Id include that white people get their fair share of hate too.

Obv not entirely..

But to some extent, I think the majority of those who are racist are white.

based on what do you come to this conclusion?

That's like saying "Only Men are sexist"

yeah, ive heard that  one pretty often as well

seems same level of asininity to me

That's like saying "Only Men are sexist"

Pretty much.

As is, (general) statisitcs indicate that there indeed is a problem with this (at least in the U.S.)

But one can not turn around and apply such that on specific people.

--------------------

To quote myself from an older thread (specifically on the race card, and racism in the police)

When you get statistics like

• demographic US:

63% white, 37% minority (of which 12% black)

• killed by cops:

52% white, 48% minority (of which 29% black)

• killed by cops, while unarmed:

36% white, 64% minority

Or, just in case one would even think to argue that more minorities are criminals ...

• drug use: white & black are about equal

• drug arrests: whites get much less arrested then blacks

Or, when you here testimonies from cops that, to get their quota, they go make arrests in black neighbourhoods, so they don't accidently arrest someone with connectsions

Yes, the media gives it it's own spin (reporting more if they can give it a racial twist), and yes, most cops are good people, and yes, even many of the 'bad' cops don't even realize they are part of the problem ... But anyone who actually looks at the fact, can see that there are racial problems in the police department

Anyone can be racist, stereotype or generalize. /thread

The majority of stereotypes which are used in racist remarks start from an inkling of truth. As an example, the stereotype and common joke "black people cannot swim" stems from a time in the United States when blacks and whites were still segregated in many aspects of life. Many public swimming pools excluded blacks from attempting to swim, and as a result, they never learned how to swim, nor desired to attempt to have their children learn. For more information about this particular stereotype and its origin, you should read this BBC article about it.

Now, personally, I find some racist remarks humorous in the right setting. If I am with friends and joking around, or if I am watching or attending a comedy show; I know in both instances the racist comments being said are all in good humor with no intended malice. I am aware someone could retort I am merely perpetuating negative stereotypes to the detriment of society, and that may be true, but I do not think to any significant measure. I believe I try my best to be racially sensitive out in public and especially do not attempt to make any racist remarks. However, I can sometimes overhear people, of all ethnic backgrounds, make snide or racist comments either jokingly (usually) or with potential malice (very rare).

I live on campus at the university I attend and there was a black girl who lived on the same dormitory floor as me with whom I became good friends. However, we were talking about this subject with other people on our floor and she said the exact line "only white people can be racist", and I asked her to explain. She said black people have the privilege to make racial remarks without consequence due to the incredible and unjust hardships they have endured throughout the centuries in the United States. I told her I am Jewish, and one of my grandmothers fled Czechoslovakia to come to the United States during the 1930s and had family members who stayed behind slaughtered by the Nazis. Her response, after expressing her condolences, was just " its okay for you to be a little racist since you have the 'Jew card' to use."

I personally do not understand the mindset of some black people that their ancestors endured hardship and successfully enacted change for them to just disregard all the hard work their ancestors put forth to try and make an equal society. I know some overly-sensitive people go crazy to see a white person reference Martin Luther King Jr., but he did not preach for blacks to be the new majority, to become "better" than whites and become some new "superior" race. He preached for equality so that we could live in a nation which treated everyone as equals. I'm fully aware we have yet to reach this point, but attempting to put white people down for the oppression their ancestors may have committed is wrong. There has to be an understanding that while a person is born into a certain ethnicity and lifestyle, it does not wholly define their life and actions, and ultimately the type of person they can become. I am aware about socio-economic predispositions and how hard it is for the poorer part of society to have any ability to rise up from the poverty cycle. However, I have personally have worked side by side with some people who are not exactly doing the best financially and they are some of the hardest working individuals I have met. They are more focused on creating a better future for their children than getting bogged down about every potential racial comment someone happens to say.

I honestly feel a lot of the people who promote the idea of "only men are sexist" or "only white people are racist" are those who were fortunate enough to find themselves with decently successful parents and now have the free time to 'tackle' social justice issues. However, they seem so caught up in their ivory tower of political correctness and pushing an agenda that they often neglect to fully understand an issue and where it stems from and the points which are relevant and need to be addressed. I think an example of what I am getting at could be the Black Lives Matter protesters who disrupted a Bernie Sanders rally, a man who marched alongside Martin Luther King Jr. to attempt to end racial injustice. You can read more about this in a CCN article about the incident.

There's more I could say on the matter, but I think I will end my thoughts --my rant-- here.

Then again they could've been paid by the opposite candidates just to disrupt Bernie Sanders, i'd like to believe that since its either that or they are incredibly ignorant or stupid... but other than that you pretty much summed it up, there's really nothing much to be said without dwelling too much into the subject.

Some kids have a life devoid of major problems so what do they do? Create their own problems so they can level up to the people who have actual problems.

Whenever they fight for what they think is best or just fight for the sake of being entitled, some people really take it too far on political correctness.

That's pretty much summing up the world of today. People trying to do the right thing, for the wrong reasons.

but isnt it racist to say "only whites can be racist" if you're not white saying that doesnt that make you racist which cancels out that statement

whats the stats on violent crime?

I don't know if there are numbers on that. Opposite to drug use, I personally don't see many people who commited a violent crime but didn't get arrested/convicted, to say they did (either by being convinced it not being a crime, or if they are, lying about it).

Anyone can be racist, stereotype or generalize. /thread

Yes. Anyone can do anything, but doesn't mean people don't suffer consequences for it.

Saying only white people can be racist implies that they can "get away with it". Get away from what exactly? punishment? charges? Like baloo, said. a racist comment meaning no harm, brought up in the right setting is the best place for things like that.

Modern day racism to me, sounds like an uncivil justice system where anyone can say what they want, but if another person dislikes what has been said, they believe actions can be taken into their own hands. I myself am a White/Arabic mix, but the tables are flipped in todays day. I see that it's okay for everyone to be racist to white people. An example of this is usually among my group of friends when we try to discuss topics such as TF2, Csgo etc. but every now and then, we throw around rude comments to eachother meant with good intentions of course. Usually i'm the only person that's the "closet to being white" there, so I've noticed I can't really defend myself, because "I'm white" as they claim, so out the window goes the respect. I'm quite passive in terms of comments about me, but not about others I care about.

I go to a multi-cultural high school, with various ethnic differences, so you can expect frequent disagreements among the school. It's a catholic school, but they allow non-catholics in, due to the lack of high schools in the area. I have no problems with people of a different background. I barely have any white friends, and consider myself "in the middle" of the intersection of a venn diagram (2 or more intersecting circles that reflect similarities and differences) as I feel I can make friends with most people, and generally have nobody I despise.

Back on point, I highly disagree with the statement "Only whites can be racist" rather anyone can be, as baloo had said, but the general eye feels it's okay to be racist to whites, but that doesn't mean i'm defending anyone, as I believe racism is dangerous in different ways depending on the matter. For example, when you're racist about blacks, statements like "Can't swim" or "hates cold weather" pop up based on historical moments like Baloo also said. It is also common for the reaction towards those comments to be aggression. The right to physically damage another, for saying something they don't like to hear, again like an uncivil justice system. For Asians, "Can't see" or "good at math". A common reaction I've seen is the association of wits, and academic prowess. The right to feel academically superior. But to make it fair, Whites aren't innocent either. Common statements such as "you're rich" or "You have life made out for you" A common reaction I see is the boasting of financial superiority (if that's a word) following with words to make you feel insignificant for one racist comment. But i'm not a judge for anyone, as it's based on what I know. but ll these have something in common. The right to take matters into your own hands, and serve punishment yourself, in eye of a statement neither side even knows the history behind. But, in the end, everyone is left to feel insignificant, powerless or even worthless.

I've changed a lot since last year when me and my best friend realized, we don't talk anymore and we grew apart. It tore me apart, as he was the only one that I felt truly understood me, and I feel I was the same for him. I can't mention personal things to my group of friends, as I know they aren't mature enough to handle things like that. Although it's a it off-topic, but this is the effect of social differences. As the group of friends my best friend and I used to hang out with shunned me out. Because I'm not like them. You could say it was my unwillingness to change to be more like them, as I think that's what severed the bond my best friend and I had. The refusal to change. An uncivil justice system will likely be what destroys the members of it in the end as they lead themselves on an endless chase to right themselves and earn respect through fear. I have met a few people who are stubborn like this, and I feel that is what will lead them to misery. A tragic flaw i'd call it. Racism is like salvation for some people. They believe that if someone takes from them, they have the right to take as well. Take action. take their name (to tarnish it) to take their things, take other's right to safety, and even take lives. The only way to move forward is to accept change, like I have accepted the loss of my best friend's friendship. To fight back constantly only leaves you on the same level of the opposer and makes you stubborn. For you refuse to move on.

I'm about 16 atm, 17 in less than 4 months. My family is pushing me to go for a job, soon my license, and soon after my education after high school. All 3 leave me in fear, as I do not wish to fail or mess-up, but at the same time, I don't want to say I can't do it, as then I would have already failed, like those who fight for redemption that was unachievable.

I hope that made some sense. I get thinking at 5 in the morning :P

I live in Alabama, where in school there's a black student who will harass me daily, and if anyone dare say anything to him he will scream "WHAT BECAUSE I'M BLACK" simply because he knows he can. He'll call white people "cracker" and the n word just with an a. God forbid we say it to him...

2987935b64f09e26687f56a670c3b670610dcdc6

good fucking lord, is this accurate?

wtf is this black lives matter movement then, they should be chastising themselves, not the police

-snip-

The problem with these statistics is that due to much higher population of white people of course it's more likely that more white people have more crimes committed against them.

But where are the stats showing white crime against white people? And vice-versa? 

good fucking lord, is this accurate?

nope. Aside from the fact that the first number considers hispanics white (DOJ only made the distinction starting 2012)

the BW/WB crime ratio is 1 black : 5 white.

Now, think about it: if a gunman will shoot at random in a 1:5 population, and kills in a 1:5 ratio ... does that make him a racist or fair?

You don't multiply, you divide: That there are 5 times more white vicitms by BW/WB crime, in a population of 1:5, doesn't create a 1:25 ratio, it creates a 1:1 ratio

I have noticed a common thread among hateful groups and organizations.  They all have this narrative of victimization by an external group, often mixed with a message of pride in their own group.  Take the nazis for example.  They had the narrative that the jews were basically parasitically destroying society and undermining the racial purity of the german people.  This served to create fear among many germans and unity against a common enemy.  Along with this came a message of national and racial pride.

When we look at other hate groups, we see the same thing.  An alarmingly large percent of muslims have their own similar narrative concerning jews and the west in general.
 The KKK and neo nazis have similar narratives, as do many mexicans who believe that they have a racial claim to the united states and who often mention "la raza" (it means "the race", referring to themselves) and are often heard saying "viva la raza" (roughly translates to "long live the race").  Look it up if you're curious.  Many mexicans will readily excuse this in a number of different ways, saying that it has to do with pride and heritage.  Anything but racism and hatred of non-mexicans.  Any hateful group or organization you can think of will probably have this same type of victim narrative mixed with a message of pride.  It's incredibly common, and I believe the reason for this is because it is so incredibly effective at unifying people, especially those who would ordinarily consider themselves to be good and decent, and even righteous.  People are more willing to carry out harmful acts towards others if they see themselves as the heroes and their victims as the true villains.

The black lives matter movement has their own version of the same type of narrative.  So does current day feminism.  With black lives matter, it's the collective evil of the white man and pride in the black race.  With feminism, it's the patriarchy keeping women down, and it often comes with the prideful message that women are just as good (if not, then better) than men.  What is really slimy is when you throw in the idea that racism and sexism = prejudice + power, so that when you are claiming that it is only white men who collectively have power, then the prejudice aimed at white men is no longer considered racist or sexist.  You can openly say things like "we want fewer white men in ________" and it's somehow not considered racist or sexist.

These narratives serve as the excuse for activities carried out by the hateful group which are by their very nature harmful and discriminatory towards members of the external group which are claimed to be the aggressors, but are in fact the victims of the hateful group.

Now I would like you to look at something.  I must warn you that the following video is very hard to watch.  The content is extremely hateful and racist.

That's something I found recently while randomly clicking down into the bowels of youtube following wherever suggestions take me, as I often do.  Why it carries the label of mgtow is anyone's guess. 

Are only white people racist?  No.  Are only men sexist?  No.  Clearly this is not true.

I have noticed a common thread among hateful groups and organizations. They all have this narrative of victimization by an external group, often mixed with a message of pride in their own group.

While indeed a recuring theme amongst hateful groups, it's also a recuring theme in NON-hateful groups as well ... like every group that complains about legitimate oppression.

Unless we're going to categorize jews-against-holocaust as hate group for their strong feelings against Nazi's ...

Blacks are are 13% of the population and they make up 38% in prisons. Whites are 78% of the population and make up 35% of prison population. Can anybody explain why this is without using the word racist?

No problem, Firstly, you can refer to post 7:

Or, just in case one would even think to argue that more minorities are criminals ...

â— drug use: white & black are about equal

â— drug arrests: whites get much less arrested then blacks

Or, when you here testimonies from cops that, to get their quota, they go make arrests in black neighbourhoods, so they don't accidently arrest someone with connectsions

Add to this fact, things like, for example, according to the U.S. Poverty Rate (U.S. Census Bureau, 2007–2011) significantly more black people are poor then white people (27% to 11.6%)

The amount of criminal acts a certain ethnicity commits has little to do with whether or not that ethnicity can be racist. If you want to sit and try to extrapolate conclusions from statistics, then I suggest you create a different and more pertinent thread.

The uncomfortable truth is that the distinction between victim and villain is often very difficult to make, and the transition from one to the other is likewise a very easy one to make.

There are plenty of jews who think they are literally god's chosen, who love a good shabbat goy to make use of, and who hate and fear muslims.  Arguably they have good reasons to be fearful, and one could easily percieve many of them as legitimate victims when they simultaneously share responsibility for things which would also make them easy to see by others as villains.  The same could be said for many muslims around the world who hate jews and westerners, and can easily been seen as either villians or victims as well.

Even if you are firmly entrenched in your own political and religious viewpoints, I would like whoever might be reading this to take a moment to reflect on the idea that your own notions about different people and groups could be entirely wrong, and that you may even be ignorant about the concepts of good and evil and about human nature itself.

The ability to feel and express hatred is shared by everyone, as is the capacity to do harm to others, and whether you see yourself as justified or not has no objective meaning.  It is the outcomes of your actions that are the objectively concretely verifiable truths, not your personal views and feelings.  Nature is callous.  It doesn't care about your notions of moraliity or your opinions.  It only cares about physics, and physics are cold and indifferent.  Strangely, this is arguably what makes morality so important in the first place, because when correctly formulated, moral behavior raises survival and well-being in accordance with the harsh realities of life.

I think it is our nature to want others to be moral, because we know it helps our own security, but we each as individuals have our problems being the moral people that we want others to be.

That kinda derailed there...

tl;dr - Don't be racist or sexist or hateful in the name of fighting those things.  Too many people are.  Victims can be villains and villains can be victims, and sometimes it can be difficult to judge which they are, or which YOU are.

Archived