Anybody got time to talk?? i need some help...

5killforme

i need advice about trading im a noob and never been good at trading so ill need some help thanks :)

whats the best way to start? what the best way to get some metal and hats ? i got no items so i need a way that involves low requirements like starting from a scrap thanks :)

Posted · Hidden by polar, November 24, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, November 24, 2015 - No reason given

1. Don't beg

1. Don't beg

i just asked for some help.... how is this begging oh btw u are mean

You're more likely to get help if you can be a bit more specific about what kind of help you are looking for.

how should i start to make some metal and then start making keys whats the best way?

Put $20 into the game and buy keys.

Definitely the best way to start. If you just start with the metal you already have you'll be making like ~$.02 a day, where if you start with $20 you can make probably upwards of $.3 a day on average.

1. Collect enough metal to make two ref.

2. Find a unique craft hat that is worth 2 ref.

3. Set up a trade to buy that "2 ref hat" for 1.66

4. Sell that hat for 2 ref and you got some small profit of 0.33.

5. Be patient and don't panic or give up if it doesn't sell in a day. If you don't get any buyers for your item after at least three days, resell that item for what you paid and try another item.

6. Don't buy anything you don't like wearing or using. If you find things you don't mind keeping until a buyer comes, you'll be less likely to give up and panic sell (losing profit).

Basically buy popular craft hats for for 0.33 - 0.66 off and flip them for full price. You can also do this with stranges and popular festives. As you make more metal you can buy more items and buy bigger discounts. [buy Low - Flip for more]

Lastly, be kind to everyone and have fun. You will have a better time that way. :)

Definitely the best way to start. If you just start with the metal you already have you'll be making like ~$.02 a day, where if you start with $20 you can make probably upwards of $.3 a day on average.

Agreed. Nowadays, without starting capital, it will take ages to get anywhere in the trading scene. As otherwise, a person's limited to the absolute bottom of the barrel stuff like basic scrapbanking and garbage stranges/skins.

5. Be patient and don't panic or give up if it doesn't sell in a day. If you don't get any buyers for your item after at least three days, resell that item for what you paid and try another item.

6. Don't buy anything you don't like wearing or using. If you find things you don't mind keeping until a buyer comes, you'll be less likely to give up and panic sell (losing profit).

Basically buy popular craft hats for for 0.33 - 0.66 off and flip them for full price. You can also do this with stranges and popular festives. As you make more metal you can buy more items and buy bigger discounts. [buy Low - Flip for more]

Lastly, be kind to everyone and have fun. You will have a better time that way. :)

the prob is that in greece we cant use paysafes to get money :/

And always allow overpay :3

And keep in mind: strange parts dont add value

25% Paint

And you should be good to go

After almost 3k trades i still like hat banking :3

its too late to start trading to be honest, you should not get into it, save your wallet and run!

I got in a few months ago and I'm doing fine. I haven't spent any money on the game btw.

its too late to start trading to be honest, you should not get into it, save your wallet and run!

I started a couple months ago and have 30 keys and have bought over 20 worth steam games

I personally don't accept pure at all on mid tier items like cosmetics, hats and stranges. I only take item overpay which nets me profit much faster. Just make sure you get items that can be flipped reasonably fast.

Lets switch it up a bit.  Lets say you have say 100 ref and like 10 keys.  i.e. you are no longer scratching a living out of trading.     Now what would you do?

I'm sure this would be helpful for the original poster once his/her training wheels are nearly taken off.

Lets switch it up a bit.  Lets say you have say 100 ref and like 10 keys.  i.e. you are no longer scratching a living out of trading.     Now what would you do?

I'm sure this would be helpful for the original poster once his/her training wheels are nearly taken off.

buy trash unusuals for cheap

sell trash unusuals for slightly less cheap

???

profit

Regarding item overpay : some of my best profiting trades have been thanks to it, but you have to have some idea what is a trash item offer that you need to turn down.

Archived