bans for line-cutters please

naknak

And just look at how well it works

It does work. Otherwise there'd be be about a hundred linecutters and not 4. The mods are humans, not fucking psychic robots.

The problem is there's no feedback as to when the report is handled nor the action taken (i.e. banned, warned, listing removed). I think this is mainly what naknak wants. If users had the ability to see their tickets being handled, then it would be helpful. Every other major TF2 economy related site has this feature for reports, Outpost, Bazaar, and scrapTF. (Sorry tf2wh and tf2tp...but no one really uses you)

Bans are handed out for repeat offenders iirc?

Definitely would be nice to be able to see our reports being handed like Baloo said. A lot of the time I end up reporting random classifieds and never know if any action is being taken, lol.

Bans are handed out for repeat offenders iirc?

Definitely would be nice to be able to see our reports being handed like Baloo said. A lot of the time I end up reporting random classifieds and never know if any action is being taken, lol.

yeah they ban them for a day after they spam shit 9000 times

If it wasn't an effective strategy, you wouldn't see them doing it. Obviously the posts aren't removed fast enough to prevent them from being successful by breaking the rules.

I'm thinking 1 warning into lifetime.

No reason to overload the moderators. Can't read? Can't listen? Bye bye.

-snip-

No, what naknak wants is bans for line-cutters. I can imply this from the fact the thread is called "bans for line-cutters please".

Line-cutters do get bans. Of course they do. Whether we should receive notification for our reports should be a discussion taking place in website suggestions so the appropriate people will see it, not here. Here it's off-topic. Because this thread is kinda junky.

EDIT: And now this IS in website suggestions. So I'll take that as a hint that now discussing this is fine.

-sniped snip

You are correct, I made some poor word choices, allow me to explain. My first post was in reference to your first post telling naknak reporting actually does work. As a potential solution to naknak's misconstrued belief reporting is not helpful, I suggested backpack.tf implement a better report system allowing user feedback to the people reporting. However, it was my fault for not outlining that more clearly, my apologies.

It does work. Otherwise there'd be be about a hundred linecutters and not 4. The mods are humans, not fucking psychic robots.

We ban about 20 people per day for these kinds of buy orders. 

Just occurred to me, but would auto-removal / inability to make extremely unrealistic buy orders work? I'm talking about people putting in 36 ref instead of 18 ref when they want to buy two. Pretty much any multiple of the current price at the time. (I've seen a 224 ref buy order before, lol.)

Keys are the worst affected by line-cutting, so this would be a good step forward, surely.

Just occurred to me, but would auto-removal / inability to make extremely unrealistic buy orders work? I'm talking about people putting in 36 ref instead of 18 ref when they want to buy two. Pretty much any multiple of the current price at the time. (I've seen a 224 ref buy order before, lol.)

Keys are the worst affected by line-cutting, so this would be a good step forward, surely.

It, could work in theory for keys, but I wouldn't apply it across the board. I remember the uncraftable reserve shooter got jumped in value from 0.05 to 2 ref with a buy order, under this rule they'd get infracted for that.

Could i get your guys opinion on a related issue. 

Regularly I see offers where they name a good price, which bumps them to the top portion of the queue, but then say they have a stock limit of 3 (or whatever).  Often dont buy because they have hit their inventory limit.  Generally seems to be people running bots.

Should I be reporting these?  I guess my reluctance is because their stock levels may go up and down and hence their offer will be valid sometimes.  But it still peeves me off as they get onto page 1 even though they may not be buying currently (if they are at their max).

Seeing as there seems to be at least one admin watching this thread (hello polar!), I'd like to hear the official view as well - simply to stop me spamming with abuse reports if you guys dont have an issue with it.

-snoop-

If for -any reason- the buyer isn't willing to pay their listed price, you should report the listing.

I'd wait for a mod to weigh in on that, but that would be my interpretation.

It, could work in theory for keys, but I wouldn't apply it across the board. I remember the uncraftable reserve shooter got jumped in value from 0.05 to 2 ref with a buy order, under this rule they'd get infracted for that.

Oh shoot. I forgot to mention I was meaning just keys, as it's not a very good idea outside of the most traded items. My bad  :ph34r:

In an earlier post I suggested using Bayesian filtering to detect classifieds spam, in that same way that email spam filters work.  This kind of tool would be extremely effective on classifieds because they are short and structured.   It could deal with "buying 2" and also other dumb ideas, like "item offers only,"  "price is in csgo keys," "inventory limit is 1."

Regularly I see offers where they name a good price, which bumps them to the top portion of the queue, but then say they have a stock limit of 3 (or whatever).  Often dont buy because they have hit their inventory limit.  Generally seems to be people running bots.

I report them too.  Whether against the rules or not, it's total BS because it distorts the market. 

When someone asks me what I can credit for their strange kritz or whatever, if I match the top buyer I get screwed because that "buyer" hasn't been actually "buying" for weeks because his price is "way too high", and if I offer lower they may think I'm ripping them off.

In an earlier post I suggested using Bayesian filtering to detect classifieds spam, in that same way that email spam filters work.  This kind of tool would be extremely effective on classifieds because they are short and structured.   It could deal with "buying 2" and also other dumb ideas, like "item offers only,"  "price is in csgo keys," "inventory limit is 1."

what's wrong with inventory limit? sometimes i sold too much keys and i don't have space either

what's wrong with inventory limit? sometimes i sold too much keys and i don't have space either

Inventory limit means there will be times when your buying link is open but you aren't buying. That is against the rules.

Inventory limit means there will be times when your buying link is open but you aren't buying. That is against the rules.

To add on, it is encouraged (and to some extent enforced) to remove your buy orders if you lack the pure to buy any. If you can't/aren't unwilling to buy more, then close your buy order until you can/are.

if you run out of ref/keys to fufill an active buy order, it gets hidden

then when you acquire the amount listed again the listing will reappear, this has fucked me up a few times

Archived