The official 'Will my PC run this game?" thread

DiamondHavoc.

I've seen a few threads where people ask if their PC can run certain games, often FO4, Battlefront, CoD etc. This dedicated thread is for posting your specs and asking if the game you desire can run on it.

Edited by puddingkip
Made it official

resolution 1920x1080 

graphics card- gtx 660

cpu- i7-3770k 3.50 GHz 3.90GHz

8GB RAM

can I run fallout 4 @ 60fps mid graphics? I'm thinking of upgrading the card to a 970 since it's relatively cheap.

resolution 1920x1080 

graphics card- gtx 660

8GB RAM

can I run fallout 4 @ 60fps mid graphics? I'm thinking of upgrading the card to a 970 since it's relatively cheap.

Yes you can you pass the minimum requirements by a decent amount except graphics wise which you only pass b a little 

resolution 1920x1080 

graphics card- gtx 660

8GB RAM

That processor is definitely good enough, it's maybe even a bit of a waste when paired with that 660. Upgrading to a 970 would be a very good idea.

GTX 750Ti OC 2GB vram

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 125W

8GB HyperX ram ( 1 stick )

Res: 1366x768 (basically 720p)

Fallout 4 mid-high settings

GTX 750Ti OC 2GB vram

Depends

game may be shitty optismised

Edit: holy fuck my spelling today

I must be drunk

Depends

game may be shitty optismised

Edit: holy fuck my spelling today

I must be drunk

Your response doesn't really help

at all

• Like 9

That processor is definitely good enough, it's maybe even a bit of a waste when paired with that 660. Upgrading to a 970 would be a very good idea.

Are you sure you want to go for a 970? That 3.5 gigs of VRAM would be slightly limiting if you wanting to install some texture packs of play something like Shadow of Mordor. If you can afford a 970 why don't you go with a 390/390x for more Vram and being slightly faster(in some games)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri useful for every game.

Still wanna ask How can i run tf2 30fps stabile?Chris'Maxframes-? Any Hopes??

Intel Pentium 4

Ati Radeon 4600 1GB Gpu

1+1=2gb ddr1 400mhz ram

1024x768 cubic monitor

Note: Getting 20~fps at non haloween-invasion maps. 5-10~ at haloween-invasion./except MGE-60fps

So.. any useful program or config?

Is it possible for you to upgrade anything in your rig? That pentium is gonna be a severe setback since source engine games use alot more CPU than GPU power.

AMD Athlon X4 860K

2x4GB RAM

XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB

Battlefront absolute minimal settings

You might actually be able to run it at ~50 FPS. (PS there are plently of Youtube videos showing this)

GTX 750Ti OC 2GB vram

A website benched it at ~32 FPS on ultra settings and used a 5930k as their control to make sure there were no bottlenecks. I'm sure you'll be able to run it around ~45+.

A website benched it at ~32 FPS on ultra settings and used a 5930k as their control to make sure there were no bottlenecks. I'm sure you'll be able to run it around ~45+.

Well currently getting 45-60fps on high, might be my hard drive though, using a really slow one because main HDD broke

Well currently getting 45-60fps on high, might be my hard drive though, using a really slow one because main HDD broke

A hard drive would only affect your load times as it is where the textures, models etc are loaded on.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080\

Graphics: AMD Raedon HD 6970M

CPU: i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz | 

8 GB of RAM

Can I play Battlefield 4?

I've seen videos of Battlefield 4 being played really nicely on specs much lower. You'll be off great I believe.

A hard drive would only affect your load times as it is where the textures, models etc are loaded on.

So that's why it takes WAYYYY too long to load

I'll try fixing my main hdd, didn't know that was the problem

So that's why it takes WAYYYY too long to load

I'll try fixing my main hdd, didn't know that was the problem

Unfortunately you can't "fix" a hard drive. After long use it will slowly degrade and become slower. What you need to do is buy an SSD (850 Evo is pretty much the best value/quality at it's price bracket). An SSD is significantly faster than a HDD and is more resistant to shock (dropping the darn thing) and also has no spinning disc so it's life span is slightly better. You can still keep your HDD for all your other stuff but load your OS and some games that you want to load up faster to be on the SSD for insanely fast load up times. (For most Windows Bootup time is 5-10 seconds with an SSD)

Unfortunately you can't "fix" a hard drive. After long use it will slowly degrade and become slower. What you need to do is buy an SSD (850 Evo is pretty much the best value/quality at it's price bracket). An SSD is significantly faster than a HDD and is more resistant to shock (dropping the darn thing) and also has no spinning disc so it's life span is slightly better. You can still keep your HDD for all your other stuff but load your OS and some games that you want to load up faster to be on the SSD for insanely fast load up times. (For most Windows Bootup time is 5-10 seconds with an SSD)

My HDD is but a mere 3-4 weeks old, I'm not trusting toshitba again (1TB toshiba hdd)

My HDD is but a mere 3-4 weeks old, I'm not trusting toshitba again (1TB toshiba hdd)

Yeah Toshiba is not exactly the best company... I had a laptop from them where the soundcard died.....

Looking at possibly buying a steam machine or a ~$700 build. What parts would I need to run fallout 4 on medium?

As of right now Fallout 4 is more optimized for Nvidia GPUs so I'll put the best on in that price bracket. I have 2 depending on whether you want the Steam Machine or an actual "real" build.

Steam Machine-http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Shadrok/saved/6FzTwP

PC-http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Shadrok/saved/Q93p99

For the PC I presume you already have Windows. If not account for the build being 800 ish.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (4 GB dedicated memory)

Processor: Intel® Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (2 cores)

RAM: 8 GB

Can I run Fallout 4 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate? If so, on what settings?