Your listing was deleted for breaking Classifieds rules.

Eqbits

Created a buy order for a painted item for a key. Staited that only want painted ones. Today order was removed. Did i actually broke any rules? Because, according to buy order rules "If you are buying both modified (painted, parted, etc.) and unmodified items, list your price for the unmodified item and then put the prices for the modified items in the notes",  it was ok, i think. I didn't mention that i willing to buy unmodified item in notes.

While you are allowed to make listings for modified items, buy orders are meant for unmodified items, so you MUST be willing to buy an unmodified version of the item in addition to a modified version. Since you stated that you "only wanted painted ones," you were breaking the rules.

Edit: By "breaking the rules," I am referring to rule #3 of Buy Orders:

3. The listing price should be what you are willing to pay for each individual item.

By "individual item" it also means a copy of an unmodified item. Since you are only listing a price for a modified version of the item, you are not actually listing the price for an unmodified version, which is a violation of rule #3.

What if i don't want unpainted version of the item?

Also the rule #3 means you can not place a buy order like 10 keys for 150 ref. Only order for a single item

What if i don't want unpainted version of the item?

Also the rule #3 means you can not place a buy order like 10 keys for 150 ref. Only order for a single item

If you don't want an unpainted version of an item, you could always make a lowball price for an unmodified version and state your price for a painted version in the notes. You won't appear as high on the list, but at least you'd be following the rules.

Also, rule #3 is more than just a price. It refers to an "individual item." How is an "individual item" defined? A strange item with two parts attached or no parts attached? A hat with black paint or no paint? A weapon with a Killstreak attached or no killstreaks attached? On the main site, an individual item is identified by its stats page. However, there are no stats pages for modified items (save for the somewhat recent application of Killstreak weapon stats pages), so if you are making a buy order for a modified item, you have to make the listing under the unmodified version. According to rule #3, if you are to make a buy order under an unmodified item, you need a price for one of those unmodified items. Otherwise, it would be a violation of the rule since you did not specify a price for each of those "individual items."

Now I can't be quite certain what thought process the moderator went through in order to justify deleting your classified listing, but this is the best explanation I can see fit. Discretion is up to the Staff anyways, so we'd need a word from the Staff to find out what rule you actually violated.

http://backpack.tf/rules

Buy Orders
  1. blah
  2. If you are buying both modified (painted, parted, etc.) and unmodified items, list your price for the unmodified item and then put the prices for the modified items in the notes.

does anyone even read the rules? ffs

http://backpack.tf/rules

Buy Orders
  1. blah
  2. If you are buying both modified (painted, parted, etc.) and unmodified items, list your price for the unmodified item and then put the prices for the modified items in the notes.

does anyone even read the rules? ffs

Well the original rules said 'and'.

So if buying only modified items, that's no longer 'and'.

You could just put a shit price for thr non painted ones so no one will sell it to you and if you do you can sell to a quick buyer ?8)

You could just put a shit price for thr non painted ones so no one will sell it to you and if you do you can sell to a quick buyer ?8)

This is exactly right. Put a really low price up for the unmodified version - a price that you'd be willing to pay anyways - and you can put in notes your prices for painted ones.

The whole point of this rule was to prevent the top 10 listings on buy orders from being flooded with buy orders for modified items only.

Yup, almost nobody will look at your buy order. It's not ideal, you want to match the people with a tinge hat with people that want to buy a tinge hat.

It's a pretty new feature though, maybe it's something that will get better in the future?

Well the original rules said 'and'.

So if buying only modified items, that's no longer 'and'.

that's because there's only buy orders for unmodified items. so if you want painted shit, you better buy non-painted shit too. anyway, polar already said enoguh.

• 4 weeks later...

KQ4t6lk.jpg

If asking for a modified item only still against the rules? Some of these orders are hanging for about a week. I mean, i'm really looking for painted ones and paying more than most others, but since i have to put a price for non-modified item to buy order, my buy order is somewhere down below, where nobody sees it

I did a couple of times last week, but nothing happened

They would have been removed then. I don't think mods are that far behind on reports. The orders could have just been remade, which would probably justify a ban for repeating the same offense. I don't know if mods can see past reports but I'd be surprised if they couldn't.

Yeah, another week and they all are still there. Looks like noone care anymore

gD0xBNs.png?1

Not sure what you mean. Many listings did get removed from your last observation of the classifieds., but as always, there are still listings from other people who don't read the rules. Just report and follow the rules.

this is ridiculous

I understand what I'm about to say is kinda off topic, but...

you could at least contribute in a meaningful way to the thread or just not post at all.  "this is ridiculous" is just a shitpost (as they are known).  it refers back to nothing, it's just a general statement that's rendered meaningless by it's non-specificity.

Archived