API: Get classifieds listings without being specific to a single user

sealed interface

I want my program to be able to look at all the classifieds listings on backpack.tf, but the only API that provides anything close to this is IGetUserListings, which requires a user's (64-bit) steamid as input. Is there a way to get a full and complete list of all the classifieds listings on backpack.tf? If so, how?

I want my program to be able to look at all the classifieds listings on backpack.tf, but the only API that provides anything close to this is IGetUserListings, which requires a user's (64-bit) steamid as input. Is there a way to get a full and complete list of all the classifieds listings on backpack.tf? If so, how?

I don't think this is suitable for just one user / a small host as you'll need a lot of space. I believe there are possibly more than half a million classified listings and thus, may cause technical problems due to the heavy overload.

I don't think this is suitable for just one user / a small host as you'll need a lot of space. I believe there are possibly more than half a million classified listings and thus, may cause technical problems due to the heavy overload.

OK. I expected there to be a huge amount of classifieds listings (at least a million lines' worth), but I don't think I expected that many. At least I know it's practically impossible. However, I wonder how trade.tf's "deals" process their information for backpack.tf classifieds. It would also be nice to be able to see all the classifieds listings for a particular item.

OK. I expected there to be a huge amount of classifieds listings (at least a million lines' worth), but I don't think I expected that many. At least I know it's practically impossible. However, I wonder how trade.tf's "deals" process their information for backpack.tf classifieds. It would also be nice to be able to see all the classifieds listings for a particular item.

Trade.tf have their own classifieds but, they don't have that many users on trade.tf.

They probably have a strong enough server that can process through every single classified listing. However, they don't save each listing for very long. IIRC, each listing gets removed after about a day or so. Plus, trade.tf only shows recently made/bumped classifieds, not every single one that exists at the moment.

Archived