I just love the community market

大 FPR

So, my market access has been restricted because I apparently used an `unverified payment method` to add funds to my Steam Wallet. 

This is so BS.

I had to go through the most boring wall of text regarding the market rules just to find this one paragraph that tells me Im gonna be restricted if I use an unverified Paypal account, for instance. Do they seriously expect the average person to know this? Surely no sane person reads user agreements and sh*t.

But this is OK. Whats not OK that it doesnt warn me before taking my money that I am going to face restriction if Im using that certain payment method. So that I could maybe, just maybe use an alternate method to buy things.

So, now Im unable to buy any new crates, hats, unusuals or sell them before the hype is over. Great.

I understand that there were a lot of stolen credit cards and all this crap but at least give me a warning and not just tell me afterwards that Im restricted.

Stopping carding vs pleasing traders. I wonder which is a higher priority for valve?

a warning would be useful, my paypal is 100% verified and i'm 99% sure i've used it before to add funds, yet i've got a 5 day restriction too.

Surely no sane person reads user agreements and sh*t.

You didn't read them. It's your own fault. They do state that by using steam you agree to it. If you don't like them, don't add funds to your acct with an unverified payment method.

And they restrict all purchases after you use a new payment method to add funds. Like Debra said, which is more important to valve, stopping carding, or pleasing traders?

You didn't read them. It's your own fault. They do state that by using steam you agree to it. If you don't like them, don't add funds to your acct with an unverified payment method.

And they restrict all purchases after you use a new payment method to add funds. Like Debra said, which is more important to valve, stopping carding, or pleasing traders?

Its my fault, I cant argue with that. But if only it had given me a warning...just a confirmation that whether I agree to the restriction or pick an alternate payment method...I would never have bought an Invasion campaign pass for example If I knew it comes with a 5 day ban.

but lets be real, even companies should know that nobody reads them

You should suggest this in the Steam Forum instead if you want Valve to look at it. All we can do is tell how it was your own fault you didn't read the terms of agreement.

i didnt read what i agreed to and now im screwed because i broke the rules i agreed to, this is bullshit

I expected people that act like they read EULA`s all day. Welcome, you`re first to arrive

I expected people that act like they read EULA`s all day. Welcome, you`re first to arrive

or just people who understand that agreeing to a EULA and TOS means that when you fuck up, you don't get to complain about it.

EULAs, plural don't need no apostrophe

or just people who understand that agreeing to a EULA and TOS means that when you fuck up, you don't get to complain about it.

I did agree it was my fault, but its still BS and if creating this thread prevented one single person from getting in the same situation as me it was already worth it.

Everyone here acting as if this is OP's fault either has no clue what the interface looks like or is simply patting themselves on the back for being "I'msoverysmart". It is a HORRIBLE user interface flaw in that you can click an item on the market, click "buy", it will then ask you to add funds so that you can BUY it, then after you add the funds it says "sorry you're now restricted". I don't care how many times it's stated in Steam's EULA, in the support, FAQ or anything like that. The fact that it's set up for you to buy an item, add funds, and then market restricts you without any warning is absolutely a major design flaw. This is on Steam.

without any warning

There is a warning. You already agreed you read the warning when you tried to buy it. It's not Valve's fault you lied.

Can't you bypass this by having them send you a verification charge on your credit card or paypal? I remember I wanted to buy something off of the scm and used a new credit card, but I didn't want to wait 5 days. What Valve will do is send you two small charges to your credit card, and they ask for you to go to your card statement and enter those two amounts into a text box. If you enter the correct amounts, they will remove that 5 day wait and remove the charges from your credit card.

Can't you bypass this by having them send you a verification charge on your credit card or paypal? I remember I wanted to buy something off of the scm and used a new credit card, but I didn't want to wait 5 days. What Valve will do is send you two small charges to your credit card, and they ask for you to go to your card statement and enter those two amounts into a text box. If you enter the correct amounts, they will remove that 5 day wait and remove the charges from your credit card.

Yeah, that's all I had to do when they wanted to reverify my credit card.

Well this happened to me to and if u do read the wall of text all they want is your life info including your social security number and how many times u poop a day.

So yea no big deal

(it will take about 2 weeks

really don't understand why everyone is hopping on the EULAs dick here. it's not about that. i don't think anyone is arguing that they have been treated wrongly in a legal sense, just that there is no reason, from everybody's perspective, not to make it very obvious that you're about to lock yourself out of the market.

both market users and steam lose out by not having that in place. in fact, you might fairly assume that there would be something explicit, particularly when it's a method you've used before and it's a verified paypal account.

Archived