TF2 Invasion Unusual Effects

tonyb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All look great as usual but knowing the tf2 trader trends, 8/9 will become dumpster tier by the end of february. Always a shame to see that happen

Nebula going God-Tier more then likely, but I must question this. Like how in CSGO some operation cases have their custom Knives, will the Invasion update be doing the same with Unusual effects? Meaning, you can only get Invasion hats with Invasion effects? And no other hats in-game will be able to obtain such effects? Like a Nebula Modest pile will never exist?

abduction, nebula and atomic/subatomic are good

wtf is the difference between atomic and sub though? the speed? I don't like that 3/4 of these look super similar, they did that with the stupid face clouds and it just waters it all down and ruins it.

Nebula will probably be high tier and the rest will be around high-mid tier to low-mid tier. Personally, however I wouldn't mind a nebula HWNN.

Nebula-high/god tier

Abduction-high/mid tier

Atomics-high/mid tier

Hat Protectors-mid/low tier

Codexes-mid/low tier

In terms of my opinions, I think Nebula and Abduction are the nicest looking, the Codexes are cool too. I couldn't really care for the rest.

EDIT: 900th post woop

Nebula was made by fucking amateurs. Sure, looks great at first glance, but look at it deeper: the stars are just thrown out there, and it looks like a smudge art made in photoshop in a few hours. It also cycles horribly.

Still hoping a nebula toque gets unboxed, though. Or ushanka. Or hound dog. Or any decent heavy hat.

Oh I can't wait till every trader acts like these are third gen and gets their offer shat down. It's gonna be glorious. I can't stand genwunners. Ooh, my hat's blown out of proportion because it's on fire. It disappears when I'm lit on fire.

Anyways, watergate sucks. You can camp spawn. It's very unbalanced. 

Anyways, I'm hoping the traders actually do devalue these, as i want magnetic hat protector. Blue's my favorite color.

Wow, I do not write well going from page to page. Dat double anyways.

If you want to know the future, look in the past. 

Again and again people say new effects will become god tier and what happens?

They are still regarded less then the 1st gen. 

I love the Nebula effect. 

BUT, it will still not compete with schorching, burning or sunbeams. 

Remember those that said Roboactive and Antifreeze would become god tier?

Remember those that said Morning Glory and Death at Dusk would become god tier?

Everytime update comes same cycle repeats itself. 

It has been like this for 4-5 years now. I doubt these effects will change that. 

Only effect I know there is a huge demand for is an eerie flames. Which for some reason Valve refuses to deliver. 

Other then the unusuals this update is disappointing. 

Only effect I know there is a huge demand for is an eerie flames. Which for some reason Valve refuses to deliver. 

Other then the unusuals this update is disappointing. 

Well, my Eerie Flames Workshop submission currently has almost 2k yes votes and I think is 2nd or 3rd most popular submission for Halloween Unusuals this year. So it just MIGHT happen.

Nebula was made by fucking amateurs. Sure, looks great at first glance, but look at it deeper: the stars are just thrown out there, and it looks like a smudge art made in photoshop in a few hours. It also cycles horribly.

Still hoping a nebula toque gets unboxed, though. Or ushanka. Or hound dog. Or any decent heavy hat.

I can say the same about Frostbite. 

Well, my Eerie Flames Workshop submission currently has almost 2k yes votes and I think is 2nd or 3rd most popular submission for Halloween Unusuals this year. So it just MIGHT happen.

you made that? It's awesome :D

Archived