Is steam support and steam rep and scammers

NotoriousRebel7474

If a scammer gets reported and you have really good proof and will steam support trade ban and if steam rep banned what does he exactly get banned from?

Steamrep is affiliated with all trading websites currently. A ban from steamrep is a ban from tf2outpost, backpack.tf, bazaar.tf, tf2 trading post, basically any community.

And Steam support does not ban often, but when it does it is independent from steamrep, and it is usually for hijacking and phishing, and the people buying from the hijackers and phishers. Steam support doesn't seem to ban for regularly scamming, at least not often.

Steamrep is affiliated with all trading websites currently. A ban from steamrep is a ban from tf2outpost, backpack.tf, bazaar.tf, tf2 trading post, basically any community.

And Steam support does not ban often, but when it does it is independent from steamrep, and it is usually for hijacking and phishing, and the people buying from the hijackers and phishers. Steam support doesn't seem to ban for regular scamming, at least not often.

Does steam support actually ban people who trade with hijackers and phishers how does steam know they dont think they are a legit trader.

Does steam support actually ban people who trade with hijackers and phishers how does steam know they dont think they are a legit trader.

Everyone I know who has been banned by support was banned for the duping of items, excessive trades with hijackers and scammers, and actual hijackings. I think one person, Zer0, was banned without ever having phished anyone, but I could be mistaken. 

I'm not the be all end all source of information on this, but I know a bit about it. You might find more about it from a simple google search.

Everyone I know who has been banned by support was banned for the duping of items, excessive trades with hijackers and scammers, and actual hijackings. I think one person, Zer0, was banned without ever having phished anyone, but I could be mistaken. 

I'm not the be all end all source of information on this, but I know a bit about it. You might find more about it from a simple google search.

What about the guy with the Scorching Shaman who got VAC + Trade Banned? It doesn't look like he did anything

Steam Support is part of Valve itself, since Valve owns/runs Steam, Steam Support has access to all the internal records and can easily track the who, where, when, and what of trading to track suspicious behaviour in conjunction with community reports to make determinations regarding a player's activity. They could in theory delete your entire account but too my knowledge the worse they would do is give you a permanent trade and/or community ban, most likely due to consumer protection laws which could potentially cause issues in the situation of an entire account deletion.

SteamRep is a community site with no affiliation with Valve. Their goal is simply to provide a record of negative trading behaviour (i.e. scamming or trading with scammers) based off community reports and then provide this record to the community. The major trading sites will all automatically ban an account that is SteamRep banned, they are under no obligation to do so, they only do so because they too support the ideal of positive trading practice.

What about the guy with the Scorching Shaman who got VAC + Trade Banned? It doesn't look like he did anything

VAC bans are for cheating and are entirely automatic, when connected to a VAC server it scans your files to check for hacks/edits/cheats and bans you if it finds any, it has no human element (except programmers obviously). If the person got VAC banned it was because a program scanning their computer determined they were cheating. So it sounds like whoever it was certainly did something.

VAC ban is for using hacks, it locks all of your items in that game to the account. Look at my CSGO items for an example

Archived