Calling awesomemccoolname (or someone else) $600 Budget

JayTuut

$600 Budget wondering what I could get, maybe could go a little higher

Would a $600 built PC be better then.. ? (I might keep the graphics card since its not bad)

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Memory: 4.1 GB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

I think that's correct

Depending on if you can overclock the CPU, it's alright.

But I'm sure for $600 there are much better options.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.34 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $618.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-04 04:04 EDT-0400

I think so, but im pretty sure it already is

A build such as the one suggested above looks good, but I feel the need to nitpick about the power supply. Something like that won't even draw 400W and I feel one would be better off buying a higher quality unit that that Tier 4 Corsair CX series. This unit would be a good substitute, currently $54.99 on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094

I was thinking of future upgrades and overclocking.

There is lots of headroom with 600W

And a GTX 750Ti isn't very powerful to begin with, and will require

to be upgraded to play newer games at higher resolutions and settings.

Well, the unit I listed is 520W, so still able to put up with stuff like the r9 380 and the gtx970 so there's still the headroom. It's just that the build quality of the CX series is quite low, they're really not recommended for any overclocking or intensive gaming situations.

For this things i use https://pcpartpicker.com

Have plenty of builds, community tips and comments on every individual "child".

For example: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/ZGTH99.

I know

I know the site, who doesnt. I'm asking for a full build, if u look at other threads u can see awesome mccoolname provides that using pcpartpicker etc, hes a genius at it

Also thats too expensive as its at least $200 more and in canadian $

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.34 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $618.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-04 04:04 EDT-0400

Can anyone comment on this?

Can anyone comment on this?

It's a nice build, all these items are highly rated and known for their good peformance.

I would give this build a 90/100 considering that the Motherboard has only 3 power phases, the original has 4 power phases.

That first one is really pretty bad if you really want to game. A freaking 4690k in a $600 build is rediculous. I'd wait for AwesomeMcCoolName he seems to be pretty good at this. (Although I do not agree with him on a few topics)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($42.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($183.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $586.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-04 11:30 EDT-0400

A few quick notes:
  • You can go with an EVGA 600B for $60 ($40 after MIR) or Hive 550s for $60 ($50 after MIR) instead, but the XFX psu is quite a bit better, and will give you room to grow your system in the future (albeit $85~ before a rebate) -- the reason why i opt'd for it over alternatives is simply because of its post rebate price. There currently aren't many good deals on PSUs right now (excluding the XFX850 I included). Another good alternative would be an EVGA B2 750 for $75 ($45 after MIR). You may also be able to reuse the PSU from your current computer if it's not a piece of junk.
  • There also aren't many good case deals, but you may be able to reuse your case. 
  • I also didn't include an HDD since you can reuse the one from your current computer. 
  • With a $600~ budget there's no point in not upgrading the GPU as well -- so with that said, if you find that the 750Ti offers enough performance for the games you play, then I'd suggest just skipping the GPU altogether and going with the rest of the build (but you can go with a lower tier PSU since the 750Ti draws very little power anyway).

It's a nice build, all these items are highly rated and known for their good peformance.

I would give this build a 90/100 considering that the Motherboard has only 3 power phases, the original has 4 power phases.

The power phases on a board for Intel's current lineup aren't super important unless you're overclocking. Power phases really start to come into play when you start overclocking and/or running more power hungry chips (like the FX8320).

Or don't get Windows....

Linux mester wace

linux is far inferior to windows, and it has nothing to do with what i said considering i wasnt talking about the type of operating system he gets, but how you acquire it. go back to your fanboy hole please

linux is far inferior to windows, and it has nothing to do with what i said considering i wasnt talking about the type of operating system he gets, but how you acquire it. go back to your fanboy hole please

I'm not a fanboy I was just joking but how is Linux "far inferior". Besides the fact that it gets less support be game devs and junk it does just as well if not better at pretty much everything. I have both Windows and a few Linux distros on my PC and they are all great operating systems. I prefer Linux but I would never say Windows is bad (accept Vista).

I'm not a fanboy I was just joking but how is Linux "far inferior". Besides the fact that it gets less support be game devs and junk it does just as well if not better at pretty much everything. I have both Windows and a few Linux distros on my PC and they are all great operating systems. I prefer Linux but I would never say Windows is bad (accept Vista).

you just answered your question in your sentence, and its not just games it gets little to no support on

Archived