Unusual tiers! *UP TO DATE*

Jackk

How is Electrostaic cancerous? Probably one of the better cheap'ish effects.

While electro static does get higher prices than most other effects, it is soooo hard to sell. It only has high prices due to it being a robo effect, thus there are far less in existance than other effects

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might you include unusual weapon effects?

I have literally no experience with trading with unusual weps. I know that isotope is a lower tier than others but there isn't really any point in making a tiering guide for them as theres only 4 effects.

Heart gets fairly low prices.

Huh yeah you're right. Am I going insane here or did hearts use to be pretty damn high tier. I mean, under burning, scorching and beams but definitely above energies etc.

Huh yeah you're right. Am I going insane here or did hearts use to be pretty damn high tier. I mean, under burning, scorching and beams but definitely above energies etc.

I think you're going insane sir ;)

I think you're going insane sir ;)

No but back to topic, it's a decent list although a fixed tier list is not going to work. Flies for instance is a shit effect but on sniper it's pretty highly rated. And Halloween effects are all over the chart because their price is mostly derived from rarity rather than looks

thats more of a "these are effects i like and hate" list rather than a tier list.

It not really... If it was I would've put memory leak as god tier cuz I like it <3

opinions, opinions everywhere

it would be impossible to make an unbiased tier list and it would also be impossible to make a tier list which people agree with, the bp.tf unusual effect tiers are inaccurate because of inflated rarity and limited effects (i.e. blizzardy on the noh and coffin kit will make blizz a lot higher on that list than it should be). This is pretty good, even if you don't personally agree with it.

No but back to topic, it's a decent list although a fixed tier list is not going to work. Flies for instance is a shit effect but on sniper it's pretty highly rated. And Halloween effects are all over the chart because their price is mostly derived from rarity rather than looks

Flies isn't highly rated on sniper - or any class for that matter. It has a higher average price than other cancerous effects due to it being themed a couple hats (yes, 2 of these are sniper but that doesn't make it highly rated on that class).

harvest in god tier ples

Hard seller.

I wouldn't say that it was ever above energies, but it was right below energies, above ghosts. This always seemed insane to me, considering that TF Logo and Peace Sign are considered low tier in 1st gens and I don't think that CH is really that different from those two.  I get that it was high because of collectors but c'mon, is a circling heart really that cool?  I at least never thought so.  

Flies isn't highly rated on sniper - or any class for that matter. It has a higher average price than other cancerous effects due to it being themed a couple hats (yes, 2 of these are sniper but that doesn't make it highly rated on that class).

Not quite correct.  Way back in the day (pre-2nd gen), flies was seen as the best effect on sniper hats because it allowed you to have an unusual effect, but be barely visible at the same time, so you wouldn't stand out like a great big red or green spot on the map.   That was during a time when almost everyone who traded still actively played the game (remember that trading had just been introduced into the game).  This is obviously no longer the case which is why flies on a sniper hat isn't really a relevant value booster anymore (you can just gets nuts for a fraction of the price now and be barely visible if that's what you're going for).   

That old valuation is still present in sniper hats to a certain extent, but that doesn't mean it's any easier to sell.  In my experience, flies is def the hardest first gen effect to sell. 

Not quite correct.  Way back in the day (pre-2nd gen), flies was seen as the best effect on sniper hats because it allowed you to have an unusual effect, but be barely visible at the same time, so you wouldn't stand out like a great big red or green spot on the map.   That was during a time when almost everyone who traded still actively played the game (remember that trading had just been introduced into the game).  This is obviously no longer the case which is why flies on a sniper hat isn't really a relevant value booster anymore (you can just gets nuts for a fraction of the price now and be barely visible if that's what you're going for).   

That old valuation is still present in sniper hats to a certain extent, but that doesn't mean it's any easier to sell.  In my experience, flies is def the hardest first gen effect to sell. 

I genuinely never thought about that :P. I'll up it to low as it does get decent prices compared to other cancer tiers.

I made some changes to the list considering my experiences, and I decided to bring Unusual Taunts in(not unusual weps yet, they're still unstable).

-snip-

The order: gen 1, gen 2, gen 3, halloween, robo, EOTL, Taunts.

God tier:

Burning Flames

Scorching Flames

Sunbeams

Its A Secret To Everybody

Cloudy Moon

Anti-Freeze

Roboactive

Holy Grail

Screaming Tiger

High tier:

Green Energy

Purple Energy

Stormy 13th Hour*

Harvest Moon

Darkblaze

Demonflame

Arcana

Spellbound

Knifestorm

Poisoned Shadows

Chiroptera Venenata

Something Burning This Way Comes

Misty Skull

Bonzo The All-Gnawing

Hellfire

Green Black Hole*

Time Warp

Death At Dusk

Morning Glory

Fountain of Delight

Showstopper

Haunted Phantasm

Ghastly Ghosts

High-Mid tier:

Haunted Ghosts

Circling Heart*

Stare From Beyond

The Ooze*

Amaranthine*

Phosphorous*

Sulphurous

Frostbite

Mega Strike

'72

Mid tier:

Vivid Plasma

Searing Plasma

Disco Beat Down

Haunted Phantasm Jr.

Ghastly Ghosts Jr.

Flaming Lantern

Cauldron Bubbles

Eerie Orbiting Fire

Molten Mallard*

Skill Gotten Gains

Low tier:

Purple Confetti

Green Confetti

Circling Peace Sign

Circling TF Logo

Blizzardy Storm

Stormy Storm*

Cloud 9

Miami Nights

Kill-a-Watt*

Terror-Watt*

Power Surge

Electrostatic*

Midnight Whirlwind

Silver Cyclone

Cancerous:

Massed Flies*

Orbiting Fire

Bubbling

Orbiting Planets

Smoking

Steaming

Nuts n’ Bolts

Aces High

Dead Presidents*

Overclocked

Memory Leak*

If we were organizing this from how easy to sell unusuals are, most Halloween, Robo and EOTL effects would be down at the bottom, since everything entirely depends on the combination of Hat, Effect and Price(You could safely say that a Miami Nights Plumber's Pipe would sell WAY faster than a Green Energy Mining Light for example.)

Despite a few mistakes(ooze and amaranthine above stare, if anything ooze is the hardest one to sell, also memory leak > overclocked?), your tier list is REALLY accurate. Props for you on that Jackladin.

Also, Electrostatic isn't THAT hard to sell :P

I made some changes to the list considering my experiences, and I decided to bring Unusual Taunts in(not unusual weps yet, they're still unstable).

If we were organizing this from how easy to sell unusuals are, most Halloween, Robo and EOTL effects would be down at the bottom, since everything entirely depends on the combination of Hat, Effect and Price(You could safely say that a Miami Nights Plumber's Pipe would sell WAY faster than a Green Energy Mining Light for example.)

Despite a few mistakes(ooze and amaranthine above stare, if anything ooze is the hardest one to sell, also memory leak > overclocked?), your tier list is REALLY accurate. Props for you on that Jackladin.

Also, Electrostatic isn't THAT hard to sell :P

Thanks for adding taunts. And yes, Electrostatic is that hard to sell. Trust me.

• 136 refined

I have had a lot of experience with unusual trading, however due to a magical thing called sweetstakes.tf, I don't really have any evidence to prove that :/.

Thanks for adding taunts. And yes, Electrostatic is that hard to sell. Trust me.

As someone who's owned 4 Electrostatic unusuals, they're not THAT hard to sell. Only the really overpriced ones/unpriced ones are a mess to sell honestly, and there's alot of those.

An update on the placing of misty: I placed Misty Skull in high tier instead of god because (by looking at a lot of the high/god tier hats' prices) misty is normally in the same area as the other high tiers whereas the god tier effects normally have higher prices by around 50-100+ keys.

An update on the placing of misty: I placed Misty Skull in high tier instead of god because (by looking at a lot of the high/god tier hats' prices) misty is normally in the same area as the other high tiers whereas the god tier effects normally have higher prices by around 50-100+ keys.

The issue would be that you have Misty Skull too high, not too low.

Archived