Unusual tiers! *UP TO DATE*

Jackk

I've been using the old one (https://redd.it/1ui7h3) for a while and I've noticed that it doesn't exactly match many of the current prices. This will be fairly similar to the old one but I just wanted to correct the wrongly placed ones that were bugging me (no offence to the original writer) ;). I thought about both the prices the effects get and how easy they are to sell. They are not in any order within the tiers displayed. I did not take into account the prices of themed unusuals when deciding where to put these effects (theres been a lot of controversy over flies).

Color codes are as follows (effects go in this order in each section): gen 1, gen 2, gen 3, halloween, robo, EOTL, taunts (CREDIT GOES TO Mindacos)

God tier:

Burning Flames

Scorching Flames

Sunbeams

Its A Secret To Everybody

Harvest Moon

Cloudy Moon

Holy Grail

Screaming Tiger

High tier:

Green Energy

Purple Energy

Darkblaze

Demonflame

Arcana

Spellbound

Knifestorm

Poisoned Shadows

Chiroptera Venenata

Misty Skull

Bonzo The All-Gnawing

Hellfire

Stormy 13th hour

Time Warp

Green Black Hole

Roboactive

Anti-Freeze

Death At Dusk

Morning Glory

Fountain Of Delight

Showstopper

Haunted Phantasm

Ghastly Ghosts

High-Mid tier:

Haunted Ghosts

Something Burning This Way Comes

Stare From Beyond

The Ooze

Amaranthine

Haunted Phantasm Jr.

Ghastly Ghosts Jr.

Phosphorous

Sulphurous

Molten Mallard

Frostbite

Mega Strike

'72

Mid tier:

Vivid Plasma

Searing Plasma

Circling Heart

Disco Beat Down

Flaming Lantern

Cauldron Bubbles

Skill Gotten Gains

Low tier:

Purple Confetti

Green Confetti

Circling Peace Sign

Circling TF Logo

Massed Flies

Blizzardy Storm

Cloud 9

Miami Nights

Dead Presends

Eerie Orbiting Fire

Power Surge

Electrostatic

Midnight Whirlwind

Silver Cyclone

Cancerous:

Stormy Storm

Orbiting Fire

Bubbling

Nuts n’ Bolts

Orbiting Planets

Kill-a-Watt

Terror-Watt

Smoking

Steaming

Aces High

Overclocked

Memory Leak

I hope this helped people who are trying to get to know the range of the newer effects (or anyone at all ;P). If I missed anything, please inform me! Leave a comment on my steam profile (https://steamcommunity.com/id/jackladin/) if you found this guide at all helpful and be sure to share this with your friends!

Good luck and have fun!

<3 Jackladin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wondering how you calculated ease of resell? I feel like there are some (bonzo+hellfire in god tier, misty in high tier) that don't really belong

just wondering how you calculated ease of resell? I feel like there are some (bonzo+hellfire in god tier, misty in high tier) that don't really belong

I agree with Bonzo and Hellfire now that I think about it, but misty is hard to sell, which was something I used to determine the tiers of some.

I agree with Bonzo and Hellfire now that I think about it, but misty is hard to sell, which was something I used to determine the tiers of some.

I don't trade very much, and unusual trading is somehow more boring than regular trading but if ease of resell was used as a way to determine what sold and what didn't wouldn't the lower tier effects be higher?

I'd imagine they'd be easier to sell overall due to them being more affordable for the average player over some overpriced Burning Flames thing.

I don't trade very much, and unusual trading is somehow more boring than regular trading but if ease of resell was used as a way to determine what sold and what didn't wouldn't the lower tier effects be higher?

I'd imagine they'd be easier to sell overall due to them being more affordable for the average player over some overpriced Burning Flames thing.

I didn't use how well they sell to completely determine them, I used how well they sell to determine if I couldn't decide between what section it should be in (which explains misty being in high instead of god).

Not sure why Stormy is Cancerous when Blizzy is Low-Tier. 

Also unsure why Bonzo is anywhere near God-Tier, it's terrible. 

I agree with Bonzo and have moved it to high tier. Stormy is in cancerous due to it being harder to sell than blizzardy.

I didn't use how well they sell to completely determine them, I used how well they sell to determine if I couldn't decide between what section it should be in (which explains misty being in high instead of god).

Ah, I see. 

Sorry for my lack of understanding on your method.

How are cauldron bubbles, eerie orbiting fire and lantern possibly higher than the first gens i.e logo, peace

and bump dp, miami to cancer or move all of cancer to low tier

and logo to godtier please

How are cauldron bubbles, eerie orbiting fire and lantern possibly higher than the first gens i.e logo, peace

and bump dp, miami to cancer or move all of cancer to low tier

and logo to godtier please

(he is joking about logo btw, he is a logo collecter)

Eerie is one of the most hard to sell effects in the game

Roboactive and Anti-freeze shouldn't belong in god teir, more like High teir

Move eerie to low teir

Molten to mid

fart cloud hats to mid

Spluh to mid as well

Bump circling hearts to mid-high (Since haunted ghosts is pretty much the same level as ch)

and stormy 13th hour to high instead of god

I've dealt with most of these effects when I was a trader in tf2 I feel like a like of this is wrong so I changed it how I felt it should be

-some stupid shit-

The order: fuck all these colors

God tier:

Burning Flames

Scorching Flames

Sunbeams

Stormy 13th Hour

Cloudy Moon

Anti-Freeze*

Roboactive*

High tier:

Secret

Green Energy

Purple Energy

Frostbite

Harvest Moon

Darkblaze

Demonflame

Arcana

Spellbound

Knifestorm

Poisoned Shadows

Chiroptera Venenata

Misty Skull

Bonzo The All-Gnawing

Hellfire

Death At Dusk

Morning Glory

High-Mid tier:

Amaranthine

Haunted Ghosts

Time Warp

Stare From Beyond

The Ooze

Green Black Hole

Sulphurous

Circling Heart

Circling TF Logo

Mid tier:

Massed Flies

Vivid Plasma

Searing Plasma

Disco Beat Down

Haunted Phantasm Jr.

Ghastly Ghosts Jr.

Flaming Lantern

Phosphorous

Cloud 9

Stormy Storm

Circling Peace Sign

Low-Mid tier:

Molten Mallard

Cauldron Bubbles

Eerie Orbiting Fire

Blizzardy Storm

Purple/Green Fetti

Low tier:

Orbiting Fire

Miami Nights

Smoking

Memory Leak

Steaming

Power Surge

Orbiting Planets

Cancerous:

Bubbling

Dead Presidents

Nuts n’ Bolts

Kill-a-Watt

Terror-Watt

Aces High

Electrostatic

Overclocked

-some more bullshit, but in smaller font-

I updated your shitty list

<3 Vakume + xlte

I've been using the old one (https://redd.it/1ui7h3) for a while and I've noticed that it doesn't exactly match many of the current prices. This will be fairly similar to the old one but I just wanted to correct the wrongly placed ones that were bugging me (no offence to the original writer) ;). I thought about both the prices the effects get and how easy they are to sell. They are not in any order. This does not include unusual taunt effects as I have no experience with them - they don't necessarily have a tiering system as there are only a few effects, but I know that silver cyclone isn't too good :P.

The order: gen 1, gen 2, gen 3, halloween, robo, EOTL.

God tier:

Burning Flames

Scorching Flames

Sunbeams

Its A Secret To Everybody

Stormy 13th Hour

Cloudy Moon

Anti-Freeze

Roboactive

High tier:

Green Energy

Purple Energy

Harvest Moon

Darkblaze

Demonflame

Arcana

Spellbound

Knifestorm

Poisoned Shadows

Chiroptera Venenata

The Ooze

Amaranthine

Misty Skull

Bonzo The All-Gnawing

Hellfire

Time Warp

Death At Dusk

Morning Glory

High-Mid tier:

Haunted Ghosts

Stare From Beyond

Green Black Hole

Sulphurous

Molten Mallard

Frostbite

Mid tier:

Vivid Plasma

Searing Plasma

Circling Heart

Disco Beat Down

Haunted Phantasm Jr.

Ghastly Ghosts Jr.

Flaming Lantern

Cauldron Bubbles

Eerie Orbiting Fire

Phosphorous

Low tier:

Purple Confetti

Green Confetti

Circling Peace Sign

Circling TF Logo

Blizzardy Storm

Cloud 9

Miami Nights

Dead Presends

Memory Leak

Power Surge

Cancerous:

Massed Flies

Stormy Storm

Orbiting Fire

Bubbling

Nuts n’ Bolts

Orbiting Planets

Kill-a-Watt

Terror-Watt

Smoking

Steaming

Aces High

Electrostatic

Overclocked

I hope this helped people who are trying to get to know the range of the newer effects (or anyone at all ;P). If I missed anything, please inform me! Leave a comment on my steam profile (https://steamcommunity.com/id/jackladin/) if you found this guide at all helpful and be sure to share this with your friends!

Good luck and have fun!

<3 Jackladin

I think it's a pretty good list actually.  Some of it I disagree with, but it's up to interpretation anyway.  

Literally no need for this because http://backpack.tf/effects exists. 

That just shows average value for all of them. Just a quick example, Eerie Orbiting Fire is ~59 keys on avg, but the Plasmas are lower.

There's all sorts of weirdness with that. I'd take any tier list opinion with a grain of salt, including this one and bp.tf/effects.

harvest moon god-tier or riot

also why is stormy cancerous since when has it been harder to sell than blizzardy

The prices for most stormy unus are less expensive than blizzardy, but not by much. I couldn't decide due to this so I went to my "ease to sell" backup plan.

(he is joking about logo btw, he is a logo collecter)

Eerie is one of the most hard to sell effects in the game

Roboactive and Anti-freeze shouldn't belong in god teir, more like High teir

Move eerie to low teir

Molten to mid

fart cloud hats to mid

Spluh to mid as well

Bump circling hearts to mid-high (Since haunted ghosts is pretty much the same level as ch)

and stormy 13th hour to high instead of god

I've dealt with most of these effects when I was a trader in tf2 I feel like a like of this is wrong so I changed it how I felt it should be

While I do think that molten/frost don't fetch high enough prices to be in mid/high, they are easy af to sell. I put Eerie in mid because while it is hard to sell, it still has a decent pricing range. Ch's prices are too low for mid-high, 13th's prices are too high for high and robo/anti get good prices and are alright sellers.

That just shows average value for all of them. Just a quick example, Eerie Orbiting Fire is ~59 keys on avg, but the Plasmas are lower.

There's all sorts of weirdness with that. I'd take any tier list opinion with a grain of salt, including this one and bp.tf/effects.

I realise Eerie gets higher prices than the plasma, but Eerie is impossible to sell while the plasmas are easier to sell.

Archived