Gaming Computer + Periphirals for AUD ~1100

Chakra11

Hey there.

I have been wanting to get a good computer for quite a while, so I decided the time has come.

However, I know nothing about computers :(

I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA ( :()
I need a keyboard and a screen/screens, maybe a mouse and headphones. I can probably find some myself, but what do you recommend?

I am going to be playing:

Microsoft Flight Sim X - This is the one that I will be playing the most. I have been recommended to get 3 screens for this purpose. Is that overkill/too expensive?

TF2

PS2

Warframe

CS:GO probs

I will probably be getting someone I know to build it for me.

Any help will be appreciated :)

A fx 6300 and a r9 270 should run all those fine. No need to spend 1k on a pc if you don't need a 1k pc to play what you want.

I don't have any input yet, but there's nothing wrong with living in Australia bro   :D

He's on about the retarded pricing in that country.

A fx 6300 and a r9 270 should run all those fine. No need to spend 1k on a pc if you don't need a 1k pc to play what you want.

Yeah ive got an r9 270x pushing a 1080p monitor and it deffo has more to go. Id say stick with 1080p, so you can get a cheaper gpu to power the three monitors if you go that route. I may also suggest the asus vs228 as a decent cheap 1080p monitor.

1100 AUD isn't really gonna get you far imo, and also probably not going to get parts which are future proof.

I suggest saving up till you can afford a higher tier computer for now 

As for the peripherals, I can suggest you these

Razer Kraken 7.1

Razer Deathstalker

Razer Deathadder Chroma

(No I'm not a Razer fangay, but they actually sell quality products at cheaper prices compared to steelseries & logitech)

not going to get parts which are future proof.

He doesn't want future proof parts. Nowhere did he mention wanting to play any modern games. 1.1k AUD is more than enough to buy what he needs. You don't need a 980TI to run tf2.

He's on about the retarded pricing in that country.

He'd be better off with Intel because 1) Intel is pretty much always better for gaming except for the extremely low end, and 2) especially in this case since all the games he intends to play are CPU intensive. 

1100 AUD isn't really gonna get you far imo, and also probably not going to get parts which are future proof.

I suggest saving up till you can afford a higher tier computer for now 

As for the peripherals, I can suggest you these

Razer Kraken 7.1

Razer Deathstalker

Razer Deathadder Chroma

(No I'm not a Razer fangay, but they actually sell quality products at cheaper prices compared to steelseries & logitech)

No, Razer used to sell quality products. Post 2013 their QC has gone to shit.

HyperX Clouds > Krakens 

And Cooler Master's Quickfire series, Corsair K70, anything ducky > Deathstalker (in terms of price and quality) 

Logitch G502/402/100s, Corsair M45, mionix Naos/Avior 7000, Steelseries Rival >> Deathadder

Now, there are a few things you can change.

• You can go with cheaper RAM (that doesn't have a heatsink/doesn't match the color of the build -- neither of which matter for performance, and shave off about $10).
  • I opt'd for the Cooler Master Devastator keyboard+mouse bundle because it's pretty good for the price -- the mouse is by no means the quality of any of the above, neither is the keyboard (as it's not mechanical), however it is substantially cheaper then anything above and is still quite good (p.s. not everyone likes mechanical keyboards). 
  • If your main intention is FSX, then I'd consider going with an i3 + R9 290, although, an i5 is still well worth the money. 

So, I didn't leave much room for peripherals, but if you really want a high end mouse + mechanical keyboard+good headset (if you have good headphones, then just get a mic), then I'd recommend dropping to an i3+R9 270 (and/or trying to reuse as much as you can from your current pc -- case/HDD).

Lastly, FSX on three monitors is great, assuming you have the money and power to drive such a setup -- which is not $1100. 

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($63.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($329.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($72.00 @ CPL Online) 
Monitor: BenQ RL2460HT 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($139.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $1103.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-05 23:43 AEST+1000

Archived