Just WHY is Burning TC so expensive?

Sexiest Korean. Kappa!

TC used to be arguably the best hat in the game, and burning was (is) arguably best effect.

So, it became a symbol of very large e-peen/wallet.

Today, there are many better hats, and a number of effects that are on the same tier or better. But a burning TC is still a status symbol in a way that the newer hats can't match, just because it was awesome first.

Still overpriced for how it looks, though.

It's just a item that everyone would like to have due to you know to show they won in tf2.

I mean go check out bobsplosion. He could win tf2 20+ times :P

because who wouldn't want to spend 3x as much as it would cost for your favorite burning hat for each class on a single burning hat for 3 classes

TC used to be arguably the best hat in the game, and burning was (is) arguably best effect.

So, it became a symbol of very large e-peen/wallet.

Today, there are many better hats, and a number of effects that are on the same tier or better. But a burning TC is still a status symbol in a way that the newer hats can't match, just because it was awesome first.

Still overpriced for how it looks, though.

what would you say is/are the new team captain(s) and burning flames?

Status symbol. 

And essentially, you can't get it unless your fork out the dough. Look at bob, he had to get on his knees and give enough cash that it was the highest valued trade done for one item. 

It's hard, owners dont want to sell them. 

its pretty cheep if you don't care about trading....

the scammer tagged 'one' (that is now at least 6 of them) is the hands of a crafty russian duper, his price is $1200 per.

what would you say is/are the new team captain(s) and burning flames?

I'd say there's not a clear-cut replacement--because simply put, there are a lot more options.

The TC was the best-looking hat in the game for a while, so it was the obvious choice for a status symbol. Effects were pretty limited, so Burning was also an obvious winner. But now, there's not as much of a clear-cut winner, either for hats or effects...

KE, Law, Hong Kong Cone, maybe Antlers, I dunno...come to mind for nice-looking hats, but then you also have hats/miscs. like the Coffin Kit (discontinued as an unusual, iirc), and effects like Roboactive and Antifreeze (no one wants to open robo-crates any more), as well as some of the high-tier Halloween effects, that are valuable for rarity/availability rather than simply for looks.

The closest item I've seen to what the burning TC used to be, is probably the burning KE. I seem to remember a bit of a pissing contest to see who'd get the last one when it was unboxed. Also, the golden pan could have been the new burning TC, but there's too many of them, so they're kind of "meh" for a god-tier E-peen-enlargement status symbol object.

I'd say there's not a clear-cut replacement--because simply put, there are a lot more options.

The TC was the best-looking hat in the game for a while, so it was the obvious choice for a status symbol. Effects were pretty limited, so Burning was also an obvious winner. But now, there's not as much of a clear-cut winner, either for hats or effects...

KE, Law, Hong Kong Cone, maybe Antlers, I dunno...come to mind for nice-looking hats, but then you also have hats/miscs. like the Coffin Kit (discontinued as an unusual, iirc), and effects like Roboactive and Antifreeze (no one wants to open robo-crates any more), as well as some of the high-tier Halloween effects, that are valuable for rarity/availability rather than simply for looks.

The closest item I've seen to what the burning TC used to be, is probably the burning KE. I seem to remember a bit of a pissing contest to see who'd get the last one when it was unboxed. Also, the golden pan could have been the new burning TC, but there's too many of them, so they're kind of "meh" for a god-tier E-peen-enlargement status symbol object.

I can't be the only one who personally thinks the KE looks terrible

I don't know why everyone likes it and values it so much

I'd say that the Virtual Viewfinder and the Brotherhood of Arms are pretty high valued, too.

Archived