So I decided to take a peek in my D:\ drive...

Supore

...And I found that about a third was used, while I have never even touched the thing, until now, when I was bored. This is the folder structure + folder sizes:

As you can see, 42,0 of 59,9 GB free
7QznYn4.png

What's inside
maVYRmm.png

A peek of what's inside (open)

WdfM6y6.png

4kISlrl.png

wREK0FV.png

For the record, I'm not planning on going back to Windows 8 (which which the system came), I don't use any of the programs from the last screenshot, in fact I removed them, and the driver folder dates back to 2012. Is it safe to delete everything from here?

If you're curious what exactly is in there you can download windirstat for a visual representation.

Can't speak for what exactly is in there, though.

The problem isn't about what the biggest files are though, it's about if I can delete them without causing havoc on my pc.

...And I found that about a third was used, while I have never even touched the thing, until now, when I was bored. This is the folder structure + folder sizes:

As you can see, 42,0 of 59,9 GB free7QznYn4.png

What's insidemaVYRmm.png

A peek of what's inside (open)

WdfM6y6.png4kISlrl.pngwREK0FV.png

For the record, I'm not planning on going back to Windows 8 (which which the system came), I don't use any of the programs from the last screenshot, in fact I removed them, and the driver folder dates back to 2012. Is it safe to delete everything from here?

I would recommend just cleaning your drive with CCleaner rather than manually

I would recommend just cleaning your drive with CCleaner rather than manually

"For system safety reasons you cannot select this specific location"

I'm assuming you've got a laptop. The D:/ drive is a small partition of your main hard drive that's used for intel recovery programs (but windows restore, which is what you really need, probably still stores on the C:/ drive) and weird intel drivers. You could delete it if you want with 95% confidence that nothing will explode.

I'm assuming you've got a laptop. The D:/ drive is a small partition of your main hard drive that's used for intel recovery programs (but windows restore, which is what you really need, probably still stores on the C:/ drive) and weird intel drivers. You could delete it if you want with 95% confidence that nothing will explode.

I'm actually on a desktop :P Well, seeing as most are installers and clean windows installers and I'm not planning on installing any of those, I think I'll delete it. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Archived