Who is your favourite merc?

puddingkip

Favourite mercenary  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

This is not a favourite class poll. This is not about you liking to blow shit up so you play demo. This is about the merc characters, their voice lines and their behaviour. You know, everything about them except their weapons.

For me personally it has to be heavy. From silly yet hilarious sandvich mittens hoovy to cute and almost sexy ballerina heavy. Heavy can pull it all off. He can even appear really badass, especially with the fists of steel.

I have a few mercs I really like but out of all of them I'm gonna say engie; out of all the mercs he is the one who I would definitely try to be friends with since his personality is very similar to mine, and his line delivery is always a joy to listen to, to the point that now in real life when I swear, I go dag nab it XD

You started this at 4:20

The solider by far, his lines are so amazingly pro-american. He was hilarious in Expiration Date. I love the whole drinking the lead in the water running gag. 

I love the Engineer, Nolan did such a smooth voice for him and overall he seems like the average guy I would hang out with lol

Nolan only voiced him during expiration date, since the original voice actor Grant Goodeve couldn't make it; Nolan did one heck of a close impression though (that man is everywhere XD)

I've always thought the Demoman had a really great personality and some really good, funny lines especially when we got the update with Merasmus which added many hilarious lines, and again with the Helltower update adding many.

And while this is unrelated I also happen to quite enjoy blowing everything up as Demoman, but my opinion on him as a personality was established long before I started playing him full-time.

The one with the mouth.

But I have to throw in my vote to soldier. He is just so batshit crazy you just got to love him.

"This is a bucket..."

"Dear god..."

"There is more."

"Nooo..."

The soldier. I've still not gotten over his line from the end of the line trailer, "I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days!" 

Classic.

Sniper is the only merc I think I could genuinely have both a serious conversation and a bit of banter with.

The balance of professionalism and jauntiness and also the smooth Aussie accent are probably the main things I love about him.

Archived