Prohibit suggestions without links

Crafterthecaster

I'm not an experienced trader and I only have one accepted suggestion. But I have a question: Does suggestion always require a link? If so (like I assume)  why can't they just make it so that the suggestion cannot be posted without a working link? That way you can prevent suggestion like these from clogging up the recent suggestion list.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55d1abebdea9e942768b4570

If the website cannot detect a single link after the suggester clicks submit he or she may receive a message that tells them that they can't suggest without a link or they have to check if their links were broken or not and the suggestion wouldn't be posted.

That way it would save the mod's time and clean a portion of the suggestion tab.

Was this implemented already? I'm pretty sure this idea probably have been thought up before. If so, why didn't they do it?

Actually, when I think about it, people will find a dumb link just to get pass this system anyways.

I kinda think it's not there because admins sometimes get bored and need a bad suggestion to close every now and again to pass the time. :0

I kinda think it's not there because admins sometimes get bored and need a bad suggestion to close every now and again to pass the time. :0

Which is stupid because that defeats the purpose of what should be happening; namely as many good suggestions being posted and accepted to keep up with the growing number of items to price. Using "closing bad suggestions because they are bored" or "we leave those up so people can get free rep votes" is moronic. Yet no matter how many times the people with common sense suggest this, it continues to fall on deaf ears.

That's not it. I'm not a site admin and thus don't deal with this myself. But the other members of the team have expressed numerous times that closing a proofless/troll suggestion takes virtually no time so it wouldn't be worth adding this

Archived