First my frying pan vanishes, now a hat appeared? Steam exploit?

Will Banks

Update: I gave the item back to the guy, he seemed pretty happy. post-19241-0-88352100-1440948947_thumb.png

Hello, this is a continuation of my older thread about how my frying pan vanished (even tho i didnt delete, or trade it away [i checked trade history too]). That thread got closed for some reason. I contacted steam support, after 3 weeks they said they needed evidence, I gave them evidence, and I never got a response. Yes it's just a pan, but what if someone has access to my account and I don't know it?

Anyways, another event similar to the one above happened. I got a hat, it just came into my inventory. It says the origin was purchased so it isn't a random drop, and once again I checked my trade history, and I never traded for this item, it just spawned

except it didn't spawn, I checked its history and it had one previous owner. 

Basically, what the hell is going on? I'm concerned my steam account is at risk.

Here is some proof:

Link to the item history: http://backpack.tf/item/977050775

Video of me scrolling through my trade history to find no such item: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5znhjcuax7gyx30/bandicam%202015-08-28%2020-12-59-958.avi?dl=0

In the video, I also show the date I received the item, and on that date there was no trade of that item. 

I plan to change my password soon. I would contact steam support but since it isn't an unusual or anything they won't care, so I won't even waste my time with them. 

I plan to contact the original owner to give the hat back to him, but what if this is what happened with my frying pan? It just went to another user's account?

Does anyone know why this happened? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I plan to change my password soon. 

Why not just change it now? It's not that big of a deal, and if you're concerned just do it.

Also afaik there's a way to disable login from any other devices. If you do that it should at least notify you via email if someone is trying to access your account again, assuming its from another device.

Edit: Linking the item history might help as well

this sounds really strange tbh. have you changed your password im assuming? 

EDIT: no i see you havent. id really do that first if you even THINK that its been compromised 

wait a while and see if you get an unusual

actually, this might not be that bad of an idea, maybe you could you pick up something cool. If you lose anything else though, immediately change the password.

Why not just change it now? It's not that big of a deal, and if you're concerned just do it.

Also afaik there's a way to disable login from any other devices. If you do that it should at least notify you via email if someone is trying to access your account again, assuming its from another device.

Edit: Linking the item history might help as well

i already posted the item history and a video of me scrolling through my trade history

Archived