Rules changes

DainbowRash

I think the 5% rule change should be enforced much more strongly

The 5% rule really doesn't mean much. Nobody follows it or enforces it. I think it was a great idea and excluding it from the keys and TOD tickets two as the smallest change may change the market with those. I was personally excited when this rule came out. I'm just a little disappointed now. What this rule allows is for more important, larger changes are in priority rather than small two scrap drops from items that are worth 14 ref. I guess it would make sense for another exception to this rule to be is removing ranges as those are important too. 

Anyways, that's my opinion on the only problems I view on this site. Hope they get considered :3. If anyone has any feedback, don't agree with me(I'm sure there are plenty), or want to modify this leave a comment!~

Edit: Oh god I said Rules Changes ._.

This does seriously need to be enforced, it's not being implemented at all. It'll help keep prices more stable, as well as minimize tiny-manipulation. 

I lost a small handful of rep, because this rule wasn't enforced.

Backpack.. Y U DO DIS?

it doesnt mean itll get accepted. the 5% rule is definitely there and if it doesnt meet the requirements, more than likely that suggestion will be closed. i havent seen any occasions yet where the 5% was not used on suggestions less than the limit.

it doesnt mean itll get accepted. the 5% rule is definitely there and if it doesnt meet the requirements, more than likely that suggestion will be closed. i havent seen any occasions yet where the 5% was not used on suggestions less than the limit.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55dd2099ba8d88185d8b467f

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55d27c43ba8d88a54f8b460e

Two of my own I can name off the top of my head that were accepted.

• Administrators

You're complaining about people not following the 5% rule while... not following the 5% rule?

You're complaining about people not following the 5% rule while... not following the 5% rule?

Edit: ignore this comment. I needs the delete button! >:

Okay, you do have a completely valid point but why follow a rule nobody else is following? It sort of gets tiring after a while does it not? And if I get my suggestion denied then it'll make me happy as hell. Also, after looking into this it seems they only used this rule in extreme occasions, but now it seems they are trying to enforce it more strongly by asking for a reason to drop it when the suggestion is for a less than 5% change. I still think it should be a solid rule though. And I am not complaining about the people. I am complaining about backpack.tf not enforcing it strict enough.

This kinda is a serious matter. I mean, for med-high priced items. Why would you change it by a few scrap. It's not helping anyone and just makes transactions more tedious. 

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55ee1ecbba8d886f6b8b4574 I don't know whether to vote yes or no on some of these? Do I just take a 50/50 and lose rep? I basically can't participate in these anymore since this rule is sometimes applied and sometimes not and have to stay neutral. It's illogical.

Stuff like this is up to the mods discretion. We're after common trading points, and 5.66 would be a more common trading point than 5.88. I will usually accept it if it's a "nicer" range, as those ranges usually show the more common trading points. If it was the other way around, going from 5.66 to 5.88, I likely would have just left it up or closed it. This is effectively what I follow when cases like these happen

Stuff like this is up to the mods discretion. We're after common trading points, and 5.66 would be a more common trading point than 5.88. I will usually accept it if it's a "nicer" range, as those ranges usually show the more common trading points. If it was the other way around, going from 5.66 to 5.88, I likely would have just left it up or closed it. This is effectively what I follow when cases like these happen

So, what I get out of this is that it's up to the mod to decide whether or not it should be considered in that rule. I don't know who's accepting a suggestion and even if I did I shouldn't have to research their opinion to determine the rule. I need concrete facts otherwise I can't participate in ones that have less than a 5% change. Sorry to get political here but I'll make an analogy about weed being legal in Colorado but not federally so the cops got to choose which one they felt like following that day. It wasn't really logical.(Sorry if I'm coming across rude here >.> but I just want concrete facts and guidelines to follow.) If you think I shouldn't participate in the 5% ones just go ahead and tell me that so I don't risk my rep.

Edit: Also I have a question. Did you accept this: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55cb660cb98d88b96d8b4570 because of the "sold"? I don't really think it sold in that post because of this post: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26766924 that was created two hours later without  bumping the one that may be assumed that it "sold". Or did you accept it because of the classified buyer that was pretty much the only other thing that made up the market. Me and happy have been arguing over this for a lil bit >.<

Archived