Scammers

BuyLowSellHigh

Hi i am trying to trade with someone, but they have a scammer tag on there name, if i trade with them is there anything which will happen (he isnt scamming me btw) but sometimes i see people on backpack.tf get a scammer tag for trading with a known scammer and i dont want that, if i do trade will i get the tag?

btw why do you get the tags?

for the bullshit reason of trading scammers which "help" them

edit: reason being, you traded them, you get marked for helping them

Honestly I've always thought there should be a different tag for TRADING with scammers it shouldn't be the same as BEING a scammer.

Honestly I've always thought there should be a different tag for TRADING with scammers it shouldn't be the same as BEING a scammer.

Well theres a wavy line there since people that trade with scammers could very well be the scammers alts, friends, or brokers.

I agree

Well theres a wavy line there since people that trade with scammers could very well be the scammers alts, friends, or brokers.

Then it needs to be proven as such, and until then treated differently. The traded with should be a yellow light, and the is a scammer should be red light.

Then it needs to be proven as such, and until then treated differently. The traded with should be a yellow light, and the is a scammer should be red light.

I agree, maybe a caution instead or some new tag to that effect?

I agree, I really don't like how they use scammer tag as a punishment now, instead of a way to warn traders that someone is a scammer. I've seen far too many decent traders get labeled as scammer when what they did is not nearly as bad as scamming.

I agree, I really don't like how they use scammer tag as a punishment now, instead of a way to warn traders that someone is a scammer. I've seen far too many decent traders get labeled as scammer when what they did is not nearly as bad as scamming.

I'm pretty sure half of people that are marked as "scammers" traded with scammers, they didn't scam, they get marked, then people trade those people who were marked by trading with scammers and it goes on and on

I don't think anyone deserves a tag for trading low tier items with marked people. It's ridiculous to be marked as a scammer for trading a craft hat or whatever cheap item, especially when that other person may or may not have scammed in the past. I trade with hundreds of people every single day.. this whole tagging system doesn't mean much anymore.

Honestly it gets to a point where it's pretty petty.

A friend of mine has a SR tag at the moment but from years ago for giving an admin on a tf2 server steam profile rep (+rep crap) because the admin gave him a few items for free. He got a permanent tag for fake rep or whatever, which just blew everything up when he wanted to do CS GO trading

Meh. But people often make the assumption that someone who trades with a scammer is a scammer alt. In some situations, the person who traded with the scammer account could be the same scammer. Only proper solution to this would be actually getting the IP addresses and seeing whether they have any connection / they're the same in order to determinate whether the recipient of the scammer tag is someone else trading with the scammer or the scammer himself but on an alt account.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we lived in a world where a 3rd party wasn't in a position of such power where they could actually dictate whom you can or cannot interact with?  Imagine if one of your friends had a criminal record and you wanted to sell him something, like games you no longer play or an old couch.  But then the 'citizens for morality group' was like "Nah son, you do that shit, you get a criminal record too, he probably stole dat money he's paying you with.  Once a criminal, always a criminal".   Then you look around, and you suddenly realize that you're actually in Iran.  

Archived