Better Buy? Used PC vs Prebuilt PC with no Upgradibility

Syndaz

Used "Gaming" Rig Vs Prebuilt "Work" PC   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Used Gaming PC (I7-2600 CPU/GTX 650 GPU) vs Pre-Built I-7 4770 No Upgrading

• Used $350 I7-2600 with potential future upgrades
    • New Pre-Built $700 I7-4770 no Upgrading

Already posted a forum about this in tech and I got some great responses but I want to reach to a broader audience for my predicament. My dad has been fooled by his IT people in thinking that a $700 dollar PC that can't be upgraded is "superior" than my Used Rig that I found. Let's prove them wrong. Links will be for the 2 PCs.

$350 Used PC I7-2600 GTX 650/MSI B75ma-P45

$800 Pre-Built I7-4990 with no upgradibility (due to the motherboard only supporting 12 pin PSUs)

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-AT3-605-UR21-Desktop-Black/dp/B00COGA69S )

($800 on Amazon put amazon link to show reviews and issues)

CPU Comparisons.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770-vs-Intel-Core-i7-2600

What do you think is worth it more in the long run?

Which one is the better buy?

Which one is better for Work (Photoshop and Video Editing for School)/Gaming?

Thank You

-Broke Teen

Damn, i'd drop 350 for that pc right here.  :(

Take and run 1st, it it cheaper and still will be if you'll need a replace a dead soon gpu for example. 

I wouldn't say that second pc can't be upgraded, but you'll need to replace the psu i guess, that's an additional $ and lose of the warranty if there's one.

Damn, i'd drop 350 for that pc right here.   :(

Take and run 1st, it it cheaper and still will be if you'll need a replace a dead soon gpu for example. 

I wouldn't say that second pc can't be upgraded, but you'll need to replace the psu i guess, that's an additional $ and lose of the warranty if there's one.

No you literally can't unfortunately. The PSU is a 12 pin and the motherboard only supports 12 pin PSUs and that's just not viable as most Atx boards are 24 pin :/

No you literally can't unfortunately. The PSU is a 12 pin and the motherboard only supports 12 pin PSUs and that's just not viable as most Atx boards are 24 pin :/

Oh, you should've state that motherboard doesn't support anything but 12pin. One more point to 350$ pc

Oh, you should've state that motherboard doesn't support anything but 12pin. One more point to 350$ pc

Edited. Thanks for the tip.

Well if I HAD to choose one of the two I would choose the used $350 build. I definitely would not buy that pre-built, or any pre-built really. You could build something much better for the same price, if not cheaper. I'd be weary of used parts too, if all run ok on the used one it's a good deal. I'd make sure it runs fine before you pay.

Well if I HAD to choose one of the two I would choose the used $350 build. I definitely would not buy that pre-built, or any pre-built really. You could build something much better for the same price, if not cheaper. I'd be weary of used parts too, if all run ok on the used on it's a good deal. I'd make sure it runs fine before you pay.

^^ Would have built my own using some Used Parts and New parts but that Used one was too good to pass on.

Well if I HAD to choose one of the two I would choose the used $350 build. I definitely would not buy that pre-built, or any pre-built really. You could build something much better for the same price, if not cheaper. I'd be weary of used parts too, if all run ok on the used one it's a good deal. I'd make sure it runs fine before you pay.

Of course. The owner agreed to booting it up and showing the insides once the time came.

>implying that the CPU is the most important component for gaming

I'd get the $350 i7, that thing still slaughters through anything.

Archived