1. 1. Melee

• Axtinguisher
    • Postal Pummeler
    • Homewrecker
    • Powerjack
    • Back Scratcher
    • Lollichop
    • Neon Annihilator

Need help choosing my melee weapon for pyro.

Not even sure making topics for this is allowed, but I got no answers in the status update :c

Pyros tend to roam rather than stay with medics, and so you'll get a ton of benefits from using the Back Scratcher while scavenging for health packs. And the damage bonus is pretty nice too.

Third Degree.

It's literally a direct upgrade from the fire axe unless I'm a wrong and they a put a downside to it in a recent update, but I remember it having no negative things about it. It's a good solution for medics paired up with heavies, if you can get behind them, you can do a lot of damage to both of them. Otherwise I'd use the Axtinguisher for some nice melee crits.

I prefer the Powerjack for the speed utility in most cases, but I'll switch off to the Homewrecker if Spies are regularly harassing my team's Engies.

pyro's usually come into play on defense when there are frequent spies.

You are rarely gonna use your melee anyway, so the next time you see a friendsly building being sapped, have the homewrecker or something going.

If you can't really kill anyone with it, help your team with it

it depends, if you want to be a pybro either Neon or Homewrecker if you want to be fast on the front use the powerjack. if you want to be a flank pyro the axetinguisher is good.
If you want to be safe in water choose the neon too. overall i'd say all of them except the volcano fragment are good.

I use the Powerjack, mainly because I play a more of a "surprise attack" pyro (I am forgetting the correct word at the moment, I don't know why). I feel like that is what the pyro is intended for, surprising the enemies and taking them off guard. I use the nice extra speed for getting behind the enemy lines, and the health bonus for finishing off low hp enemies.

I love how the lollichop never gets any attention

It's literally just a reskin. If someone suggests the fire ax, just imagine they said everything about the fire ax, about the lolichop. Same applies to something like the rainblower, there's no need to mention it because it is just effectively stock.

Scorch shot into axtinguisher's a nice combo. Finishes off the lesser health classes pretty quick, especially if you did the puff and sting. I stick with the axetinguisher.

3rd degree

Bcuz *waiting for valve to buff the third degree to take 10% of medics uber with each successful hit while making it swing 25% slower. Would really be a very nice weapon to use. Much like the uber saw except you take away uber, not gain it.

Assuming you're talking about PvP only, it boils down to three weapons.

Take the Powerjack if you want mobility. It's a pretty garbage melee weapon, the +25 health is only good if you catch someone off guard. The damage vulnerability can kill you if you're caught off guard quite easily.

If you're going for a good damage melee, take the Backscratcher. As Rainford stated, Medics rarely heal Pyros (which is utter garbage, they should. Airblasting that crocket can save your team). You're usually scrounging for health packs.

If you don't give a shit about your melee, use the Homewrecker / Maul. It's more utility over actual weapon, but you can save friendly buildings if your engi(s) get backstabbed, sniped, etc. It's decently useful, but not overall amazing.

I would recommend the Axtinguisher, but they nerfed that shit pretty hard a while back. I mean, if my goal is to get behind people, why the fuck am I not using the Backburner?

where is the pan, ham, necro smasher, 3rd degree, and fire axe? 

Reskin of stock, reskin of stock, reskin of stock, useless piece of shit in PvP, and stock, you mean? Thanks for contributing.

Reskin of stock, reskin of stock, reskin of stock, useless piece of shit in PvP, and stock, you mean? Thanks for contributing.

Jeez that was a little harsh.

Stock could have been mentioned, but it appears that Hex is looking more for a "specialized" weapon- i.e. one that has attributes that can be useful.

Pan and Hammer need a mention just as much as a lolichop. By that I mean not at all. They're reskins- why should they matter here if the stock doesn't.

The Third Degree probably isn't mentioned because while it is a straight upgrade to stock, it's still not all that great. It's only useful if you want stock stats with added bonuses. Although it really is the only one of the 4 that should be mentioned.

Clearly best weapon 2015 Sharpened Volcano Fragment iz super gud geel.

The Third Degree probably isn't mentioned because while it is a straight upgrade to stock, it's still not all that great. It's only useful if you want stock stats with added bonuses.

Only belongs in MvM as of right now. There's never a real good case where a Third Degree is a "better" alternative to any other way to get rid of a medic chain / combo.

Archived