Why does cheating exist?

The Wanderer

I'm sure most of you know who Mr Paladin is, which is the spark of inspiration for this topic.

Why should it exist? 

And why hasn't the VAC system work properly against obvious hackers/cheaters?

Mr Paladin video: 

Also, I managed to snag this photo. Please do not follow his disappointing example. 

post-17690-0-46262600-1438683026_thumb.png

cause its fun

Fun? It's a game ruiner and has no place.

It's shocking that people want to try and buy hacks as well...

cheating =/= hacking

simple as shit

vac doesn't ban for cheats at all

you can't reduce the cheats from the game, you will make 1 thing useless but they'll find another thing useful like me

Cheating exists because nothing is perfect. There will always be flaws that people will find and exploit. You can try your best to minimize cheating, exploits, and whatnot, but you can never truly eliminate these evils because we are only human.

Okay, to clarify, anything to do with hacking/cheating/game-breaking is what I'm trying to discuss here.

It's just shameful to see people actually liking this activity, hell, doing it frequently perhaps.

Okay, to clarify, anything to do with hacking/cheating/game-breaking is what I'm trying to discuss here.

It's just shameful to see people actually liking this activity, hell, doing it frequently perhaps.

its fun to watch all the kids QQ in chat

Everyone has a different personality and taste. While there are people who enjoy helping others and making everyone happy, there are also people who smile in the agony of others. It is simply a matter of being human.

Everyone has a different personality and taste. While there are people who enjoy helping others and making everyone happy, there are also people who smile in the agony of others. It is simply a matter of being human.

So, on a moral scale, what do you think is dictated as right and wrong? It is a matter of being human, yes, but at the end of the day, which side is frowned upon?

Ever played GTA:SA or GTA V or GTA IV

How fun is modding and hacking in those?

Not that i hack in tf2, it's fun, a lot of people would do it if you didnt get banned for it (or didnt have to pay)

So, on a moral scale, what do you think is dictated as right and wrong? It is a matter of being human, yes, but at the end of the day, which side is frowned upon?

The people who do good will frown upon those who do bad, but those who do bad will scoff at those who do good.

Logically, morals are merely the opinion of a population. Most of us will agree on one thing, but you will always have the few who think differently.

I'd say this stuff is dangerous once it's unleashed in an online environment. 

For yourself and friends, and even just for yourself, I suppose it's there for entertainment. But online, it just shouldn't be so.

I'd say this stuff is dangerous once it's unleashed in an online environment. 

For yourself and friends, and even just for yourself, I suppose it's there for entertainment. But online, it just shouldn't be so.

How is it dangerous? Just quit the server and find a new game. It's not hard.

Something something personal preference something argument/excuses

I'm not limiting it to just TF2. And yeah, dangerous probably isn't the best word, more like infectious (more people will be attracted to hacks)

cause its fun

That's pretty redundant. I take no stance on cheating, but I dont know how it can be fun to not even play the game and have a program play the game for you.

That's pretty redundant. I take no stance on cheating, but I dont know how it can be fun to not even play the game and have a program play the game for you.

That's why he said he found it fun and you didn't. I enjoy making a xlte-sandwich out of body pillows before I go to sleep. You probably don't, that's why you're not telling me that in a public forum.

Some gamer's, such as myself enjoy cheating because it opens up new parts of the game. There is however, another group which enjoy it because they are ****'s at their core.

In GTA V, I cheat because it's hilarious to me. In no other game can you go in a rainbow paint 6x6, spawn in 5 clones of yourself with RPG's which climb in your car, and then drive up to other oblivious gamer's, climb out and start dancing on the roof. It makes the game 'easier', if that is the right word for it. Instead of grabbing a helicopter or jet, you just teleport yourself to wherever you may want to go without the risk of being shot down by some noob who can't aim with a homing-missile launcher. Instead of being blown up by that god damn 'kill everyone in the server with an explosion near their foot' mod, you can live on.

On the other hand, there are the pure twat's who live just to kill people trying to have fun.

Some gamer's, such as myself enjoy cheating because it opens up new parts of the game. There is however, another group which enjoy it because they are ****'s at their core.

In GTA V, I cheat because it's hilarious to me. In no other game can you go in a rainbow paint 6x6, spawn in 5 clones of yourself with RPG's which climb in your car, and then drive up to other oblivious gamer's, climb out and start dancing on the roof. It makes the game 'easier', if that is the right word for it. Instead of grabbing a helicopter or jet, you just teleport yourself to wherever you may want to go without the risk of being shot down by some noob who can't aim with a homing-missile launcher. Instead of being blown up by that god damn 'kill everyone in the server with an explosion near their foot' mod, you can live on.

On the other hand, there are the pure twat's who live just to kill people trying to have fun.

That's what I mentioned before, and I whole heartedly agree.

It's still distressing - people BUY TF2 hacks. Why? That money can go elsewhere, even towards an unusual hat! Not on hacks!

I enjoy booting up Action Replay Powersaves when I finish a 3DS game to see what I can do with it. For example, I finished LOZ: A Link Between Worlds, so I activated a few cheats and had some fun within the game. For singleplayer/offline games, once you feel you have finished the game or have had all the enjoyment you're going to get from it, my view is that it's completely fine to cheat - you know that you aren't going to get any more satisfaction out of the game if you carry on playing it normally.

However, I can't condone cheating in multiplayer/online games at all. Yes, you may get those extra kills you need to level your strange up, or you may get enough in-game currency to instantly complete the game - but after your enjoyment of the game has waned, what's next? You'll swiftly lose interest in the game. You may even be banned from some games, e.g. TF2. Getting ahead of the game illegitimately and ruining the enjoyment for others is heartless, and socipathic to a more extreme extent. Don't cheat, for your own sake and ours.

I enjoy booting up Action Replay Powersaves when I finish a 3DS game to see what I can do with it. For example, I finished LOZ: A Link Between Worlds, so I activated a few cheats and had some fun within the game. For singleplayer/offline games, once you feel you have finished the game or have had all the enjoyment you're going to get from it, my view is that it's completely fine to cheat - you know that you aren't going to get any more satisfaction out of the game if you carry on playing it normally.

However, I can't condone cheating in multiplayer/online games at all. Yes, you may get those extra kills you need to level your strange up, or you may get enough in-game currency to instantly complete the game - but after your enjoyment of the game has waned, what's next? You'll swiftly lose interest in the game. You may even be banned from some games, e.g. TF2. Getting ahead of the game illegitimately and ruining the enjoyment for others is heartless, and socipathic to a more extreme extent. It's a gambit that really isn't worth taking, so don't cheat, for your own sake and ours.

Edit: Why would someone buy hacks? If they wanted a ban so much, they should've contacted the support team.

Archived