First two weeks of voting/creating suggestions

DainbowRash

*Please tell me if I am in the wrong section to do this >.> i'm an idiot when it comes to forums*

I have learned so much the past two weeks and the community here is absolutely fantastic! I love the people here and all! I feel like this system works well and it just feels good to support the economy. I even already have a decent 75% vote percentage(93% this month 88% last month. Reason it is low is because I didn't really understand backpack.tf a year ago) and 8 accepted suggestions. But, then there have been downsides to my stay here. They may not be significant but I just feel like some people of the steam community can just be flat out rude. I was trying to suggest a price for the original and I have been following his trade for 1 week(He kept closing and making new trades) and he finally sold it. The issue is, he took down his price. I decided to add him and tried to be the kindest I possibly could be to him, since I felt like I was taking up his time. This is his response here. I know it may not be much but this has happened to me 3 times. Even though I was asking him a favor I just wished people respected how much time you put in to making suggestions yourself. Anyways, enough rambling my personal issues you guys are absolutely fantastic! Whenever I asked a question on the forums there was an almost immediate, perfect answer. I would just like to thank everyone who also supports the community too! I hope you all have a wonderful time~

Yeah, I've gotten that sort of reaction a few times. At this point, I've pretty much stopped adding people to ask about sales unless it's absolutely necessary. Thankfully, another user who goes by the name of Julia made a script a while ago that actually lets you compare backpack differences between two dates. Helps a ton when making suggestions.

Here's a link to it. Install instructions and such things are on the page.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/33627-user-script-compare-differences-between-inventory-snapshots-and-more/

The things is with backpack.tf and the trading community a majority of traders dont understand demand and supply or think just because something is rare it should automatically be worth alot. They view backpack.tf as a site which exists to control/manipulate the prices and the conveniently disregarding the pre-existing proof required to make a suggestion.

The amount of users who have a cancerous unusual complaining that their hat should be worth alot more also tend to ignore the market (i.e. i totally cant get a much better looking hat for much cheaper than your b/o) and simply blame backpack.tf for not being able to sell their hats for their ridiculous highball prices.

You can compare backpack histories (date the item disappeared and what appeared) which can give you a rough estimate of the sale, please note that it can be inaccurate at times if a user makes multiple trades within the day.

I've been in this community for 4 months, 650 accepted suggestions so far.

I met really really nice people in this community, that like to help, tollerate ect, but people that are salty, angry too, thats kinda sad. I like it so far and idk how, but making suggestions gives me entertainment.

I hope you will be with us for long time.

Yeah, I've gotten that sort of reaction a few times. At this point, I've pretty much stopped adding people to ask about sales unless it's absolutely necessary. Thankfully, another user who goes by the name of Julia made a script a while ago that actually lets you compare backpack differences between two dates. Helps a ton when making suggestions.

Here's a link to it. Install instructions and such things are on the page.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/33627-user-script-compare-differences-between-inventory-snapshots-and-more/

Yeah, I already tried that link but I was told by Julia herself that it was outdated and she was already making a new one that should be released soon. She's just doing some final testing :D

I've been in this community for 4 months, 650 accepted suggestions so far.

I met really really nice people in this community, that like to help, tollerate ect, but people that are salty, angry too, thats kinda sad. I like it so far and idk how, but making suggestions gives me entertainment.

I hope you will be with us for long time.

Haha, yeah I plan to. Sort of disapointing the amount of troll posts but nonetheless they are shortly banned and removed from the community so it doesn't matter in the end :3

Archived