Search improvement

PAK-9

I sometimes struggle with finding items in the backpack.tf search, both in the titlebar search and the full search page. Lots of items cannot be found by doing the simplest thing of taking the name and pasting it into the search, it would be really nice if that could work robustly.

Examples:

carpet bomber

low profile SMG

killstreak sniper rifle kit

None of these found the item. I'd like to have a text search that compares against the name of items as they appear in the backpack page, I'd prefer it erred on the side of showing me too many results rather than none at all.

Thanks

I sometimes struggle with finding items in the backpack.tf search, both in the titlebar search and the full search page. Lots of items cannot be found by doing the simplest thing of taking the name and pasting it into the search, it would be really nice if that could work robustly.

Examples:

carpet bomber

low profile SMG

killstreak sniper rifle kit

None of these found the item. I'd like to have a text search that compares against the name of items as they appear in the backpack page, I'd prefer it erred on the side of showing me too many results rather than none at all.

Thanks

The carpet bomber, low profile SMG and any killstreak kits at all are not priced, that's why you can't find anything

Skins are too unstable to be priced yet and pricing killstreaks would be a huge chore

The carpet bomber, low profile SMG and any killstreak kits at all are not priced, that's why you can't find anything

Skins are too unstable to be priced yet and pricing killstreaks would be a huge chore

Why does something need to be priced in order for it to show up in the search? There is more to backpack.tf than just item prices. Maybe I want to search the classifieds for a carpet bomber or search my personal backpack for a killstreak sniper rifle kit, ideally that would be possible using the main search bar at the top of the site.

Archived