What do you think of the Gun Mettle update?

Apollo

In my opinion, it was okay. It made some necessary changes to things like the LnL, BFB, and DR. I don't really care about the skins, but others that don't spend much in the game can buy cheap ones in alternative to the stock weapons. The new dropped weapon system really sucks IMO. The maps are cool. What's your opinion?

Pretty sure this is the wrong subforum for this. Should be in TF2 Discussions.

Regardless, it was decent. Opened the door to Community-made skins which means no more shitty valve ones like we got this time around. Stattrak is stupid and unnecessary. I like my stranges, I don't need this new over-hyped variation. I hate snowplow, am neutral on sujin, and like borneo and powerhouse, even if matches can drag on there. Taunts are pretty amusing. Gunslinger is crap now, which is disappointing.

too many weapons buffed

big earner, tomislav, bazaar bargain, kunai, brass beast?, eviction notice

Eviction notice is still crap though. I actually like the Tomislav buff, it made it a viable weapon.

natascha is fucking broken now

How? Weaker bullets, slower spin-up time, the 20% damage resistance doesn't even help much. The slow-down on hit scales down at distance.

How? Weaker bullets, slower spin-up time, the 20% damage resistance doesn't even help much. The slow-down on hit scales down at distance.

just try killing one with a vacc medic without going sniper/spy

the resistances make the heavy itself able to outtank almost any weapon's dps and the slowdown make getting to the medic impossible unless you manage to sneak up

The weapon updates were pretty decent overall. The skins mean nothing to me really and I don't care for any of them. The only way I'd get one is if I got a strange one from an unbox that I'd actually use. I really like the idea of contracts, but they aren't what they should be. I got an "Open Contract" where I literally had to score points. That's it. Not really a challenge. And then some take literally 10 minutes to complete. I'd like to see some improvement there, and the option to get MvM contracts instead, but that's just me. I don't even mind the low number that you get per week. These skins are supposed to be somewhat rare.

Overall not bad, but nothing great.

just try killing one with a vacc medic without going sniper/spy

the resistances make the heavy itself able to outtank almost any weapon's dps and the slowdown make getting to the medic impossible unless you manage to sneak up

That's called teamwork. Teamwork is OP when done correctly, as is the case here.

That's called teamwork. Teamwork is OP when done correctly, as is the case here.

Even if it involves teamwork I think tanking a direct hit soldier with 100% accuracy is a bit too much

Love the changes to the miniguns. Now there is other weapons to use than the stock, finally. I still can beat everything but a spun up brass beast most of the time with the stock but they're viable now. Spy got a little too many buffs in my opinion, but hey...

The new skins are okay, I bought a few cheap ones just for the pretty colors *-*. Most look boring, but for example the King of the Jungle and other weapons of that design look great (although extremely blurry when turning on virtual reality mode per command, which I like to do as Heavy).

New maps? Nice. Borneo wasn't new to most people though, and Suijin rapes my eyes (not to mention you can stand directly at your spawn door and snipe away at the point and over half of the map). Powerhouse and Coldfront rock, I actually didn't play Coldfront before this update.

I love the balance changes, but the Air Strike is too good.

Don't care much about the skins, though I like the lightning ones. StatTrak is overrated.

Suijin looks amazing, but it's so inbalaced it's not even funny. Spawncamping is way too easy. Borneo is my favourite pl map, but the FUCKING TREES EVERY ROCKET JUMP I SWEAR

I like Powehouse, though it's a tad small. Snowplow is pretty good.

Oh, and not to forget:

-20% DAMAGE TAKEN WHILE CLOAKED IS BULLSHIT.

Archived