Can trust score be used for regular trades?

Toad

If I had a very bad experience with a trader or a really good experience, can I use trustscore to note this? If I cannot, is there a way to rep people just based on regular trades?

EDIT: 

responded without reading thoroughly, oops.

you can just -rep them on their steam profile comments, but more then likely, the owner would probably delete it. no actual way to really -rep them for a bad experience. 

No, you can't use the backpack trust system for regular trades unless there was some risk involved. Lets say you bought something for 2ref off that user, you can't use bp trust system with those generic comments "+rep nice guy | -rep he is rude". Profile rep is more suited for that (e.g. commenting "+rep fast trader" on their Steam profile but then again, profile rep is worthless as the owner of the profile will delete the kind that makes them look bad)

Now lets say the trade was you buying keys off this user for real world money, the backpack trust system can be used for that as you 1 party member would be to give the keys/money first then the other user gives the keys/money.

This can also be used for spycrab runners, scammers (whether or not if attempt/successful), users that don't hold their end of an prior agreement (e.g. both agreed to buy your unusual for a 30 key unusual in 2 days but then they ended up selling it to someone else), brokering services & game sellers that need to gift the game in order to "sell" it.

Archived