Processor help?

DiamondHavoc.

I'm very bad at all the internals of a laptop and such, but I'm looking at getting a new processor to run stuff better and all.

I'm currently on the Intel Pentium B960 which game with my laptop, which has Intel HD Integrated Graphics. I'm looking for something that's worthy of new games on quite a low budget (which is a lot to ask for, I know). My current stuff has to make me put games such as CS:GO on quite low settings to run smoothly, so I'm looking for something that's low-budget to do a bit better than that.

I have a i5-3350p, no idea what it cost (pc was prebuilt, pls don't kill me ;3;), but it runs quite well.

'Tis quite out of my price range.

'Tis quite out of my price range.

Oww...

Well, if that's already far out of your budget, good luck getting a decent one. Some even consider i5 quite low-mid.

You can't upgrade a laptop processor, but if you're looking to build a new PC; Then there are some cheap choices:

AMD Athlon X4 860K - It's Quad Core, and has a stock clock speed of 3.7GHz https://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-ad860kxbjabox

Intel Pentium G3258 - It's Dual Core, with a stock clock speed of 3.4GHz; But it easily overclocked to well over 4GHz. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646g3258

I'm not updated with laptops, so I don't know the prices of them. I've seen a few mid-tier laptops with a Quad Core i7 go for around $700 USD, and I think

you might be able to get one with a Quad Core i5 for about $500 USD. But those are just my guesses.

Yeah, you're not gonna be able to upgrade the laptop, and even if you could, I wouldn't recommend cracking open a laptop for anything underneath i5. Just not worth your time or money.

Can't really upgrade laptops. Any specifics on what your PC build would want to be?

Archived