How to reset computer

Epicnewb#Revolution{NTOTB}

I'm trying to reset my computer (with only my windows OS left on it) Im running windows vista on a dell computer, if you need anymore information on my PC I'll try to find it for you.

Any help would be appreciated :)

you could always go for a factory reset. if you still have the windows activation key and the disk. idk about you, but i threw away mine so that may not be an option for you.

or #selectallandrecyclebin

you could always go for a factory reset. if you still have the windows activation key and the disk. idk about you, but i threw away mine so that may not be an option for you.

or #selectallandrecyclebin

I bought my pc as a used one and it didn't come with a windows disk :/ would moving everything to the recycle bin delete it all?

I bought my pc as a used one and it didn't come with a windows disk :/ would moving everything to the recycle bin delete it all?

That would do most but not everything. The proper way would be to format the drive assuming you have the Windows key. 

Nvm. Use that link.

How do I know if I have the recovery partition on my computer? There are two drives showing both saying primary partition under status. Is this all I need?

"If your computer didn't come equipped with a recovery partition, your only option is to procure a reinstallation CD or create a recovery disc from a working computer."

So you'll need a disc with a key if you don't have any other partitions. Partitions should look like a different hard drive on your "My Computer" or search for "Disk Management". If you have to buy one, you might as well upgrade if your pc can handle it. It should if it's even remotely modern.

Archived