What if cosmetics also had item attributes?

Mengh.

Item attributes =/= Effects - https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_item_attributes

There's already some cosmetics with item attributes. One being the pyrovision goggles to be able to view in Pyroland.

Obviously, a mass update, giving lots of cosmetics attributes, may never happen but meh. 

Here's some I made up.

Batter's HelmetInvulnerability to Sandman stun

Caffeine Cooler+1 Bonk! / Crit-A-Cola capacity

Full Ninja set (Ninja Hood, Southie Shinobi, Red Socks): Invisibility whilst under the effects of Bonk!

Full Public Enemy set: +$350 starting credit in MvM

Towering Pillar of Hats: Ablility to collect hats that have dropped in-game (by the death of players) and adds to the stack of hats.

Spine-Chilling Skull: Chance to spook enemies

Human Cannonball / Antlers / Exquisite Rack / Hurt Locher: Running directly at enemies deals damage.

Hornblower: Blows horns ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cloud Crasher: Fall faster in mid-air

Note: Imaginary concept. May never happen.

Attaching stats to cosmetics is always bad.

But imagine someone wearing the Team Captain actually had the authority to give orders to the team.

they had something similar to this with the item sets (sydneey sleeper set, black box set etc) but these was deemed "infair" to new players as people couldnt determine if they had the item set or not for buffs. they removed them and replaced em with calling cards (the tombstones) upon killing a player whilst using the set

But imagine someone wearing the Team Captain actually had the authority to give orders to the team.

Never going to happen anywhere but lobbies(MAAAAAAYBE) and actual teamplay.

they had something similar to this with the item sets (sydneey sleeper set, black box set etc) but these was deemed "infair" to new players as people couldnt determine if they had the item set or not for buffs. they removed them and replaced em with calling cards (the tombstones) upon killing a player whilst using the set

I want the tombstones for all the item sets though. I seems stupid and pointless to have all these "item sets" that do jack. 

No please ;[ Especially that ninja scout set. Seems ridiculous lol.

I'm not going to lie; that's a pretty stupid idea.

That's probably why Valve will never do that.

Towering Pillar of Hats: Ablility to collect hats that have dropped in-game (by the death of players) and adds to the stack of hats.

Rip hats

if this were added in, it would basically make tf2 pay to win

however, I remember playing a lot on a vsh server which had crazy powerups for lots of hats and it was really fun

whatever if it would be pay to win... it would be actually cool, and valve would earn more money jf it was pay to win, people would start buying hats and etc. I would kinda like it.

Rip hats

Nah I think it would just reset upon death, and look like that one picture with the merc with every hat on.

Nah I think it would just reset upon death, and look like that one picture with the merc with every hat on.

every_hat_in_tf2_by_ashleylange-d6n3p45.

It's a good concept but then tf2 would be a pay2win game. It might work if it was easy to obtain each of those items with simple achievements, and would also need to be able to be obtained by a f2p

Summary: Eeughahsbxbxbx

they had something similar to this with the item sets (sydneey sleeper set, black box set etc) but [...] they removed them and replaced em with calling cards (the tombstones) upon killing a player whilst using the set

There are still two sets that do something, however they are extremely limited in their scope and applicability, also they were added after Valve removed the other item sets: The Isolationist Pack and the Isolated Merc.

Isolationist Pack allows Scout to do extra melee damage to Pyros with the Isolated Merc set.

Isolated Merc allows Pyros to do extra fire damage to Scouts with the Isolationist Pack set.

And of course the Isolationist Pack items are Halloween/Full Moon exclusive so the gameplay modifications are only present during limited periods.

Maybe Spy vs. Engie (when it actually happens) might give item sets that directly counter each other too.

Maybe a Spy set that lets the sapper be extra effective against buildings by Engies with a certain set while the Engie set gives some sort of advantage against Spies with the Spy set.

Archived