No hype, not even demand for unusual weapon skins?

AiR²³

By now people must see how rare unusual weapon skins are (at least for Commando, Assassin and Elite Grade). It should also be obvious that the chance to get a strange+unusual weapon is non existant.

Yet i've been following the Gunmettle update's unusual weapons closely and there seems to be zero hype. Zero demand. No clicks on trades, no bookmarks. Not a single "crazy" offer like you should expect when new updates introduce new, rare stuff.

What do you think, why is there no market for unusual weapons? It almost seems like everyone thinks those will be obtainable for the price of a strange festive in a few weeks.

Because skins are shit and ruin the weapon, if they released effects for regular stock weapons, I would have bought it instantly, but the skins are just not my cup of tea.

People realise that the skins are just reskins. Some, looking like they were just picked up from a trash yard due to the wear, which can discourage people, even with the good-looking effects.

There was hype when they were released. Nobody cares about them because:

• As Hex said, they look like shit.

• An unusual weapon can be battle-scarred, well-worn, field-tested, minimal wear or factory new. There are many variants, and they're either too cheap or too expensive.

• Add to the former the stat-track factor.

• They're going to drop hard as more and more crates are released.

• Some of them are just inferior to some unlocks. Tomislav is way more fun to pub around with than Stock minigun, no pyro main will ever sacrifice the Degreaser just to have a shiny flame thrower that handicaps them, and so on.

• They're way less visible than unusual hats, and there are only four effects.

• Add to the former the fact that most effects just don't fit with most skins.

I sold all my cs shit and built my funds to max.I wait for a nice elite rocket luncher to buy not interested in anything else at the moment.

so I say its just the top tiers that are wanted.

I honestly only think the Sniper skins are good. If they start to add skins to more weapons and expanding the number of skins on the stock weapons I can see them getting more popular. 

Because skins are shit

Agree. The high tier skins are shit not to mention those low tier ones. Look at what csgo skins look like eg Hyper beast, Fire serpent, Dragon Lore. Those are the skins I want and I am willing to pay a lot for that. Not the skins that like a 6-year-old kid drew that at his art lesson. Take a look at how ugly sand cannon rocket launcher is(top tier skin so called).

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Sand%20Cannon%20Rocket%20Launcher%20(Field-Tested)

For me at least it's that I'd rather have a strange and I know it's going to be a long time until a strange unusual of a weapon I actually want is unboxed, and when it is it won't be worth the crazy high price.

Strange + unusual + factory new

Anything less is crap and not worth buying.

I had strange + unusual + mw Liquid Asset and i received a total of 1 offer during a 8 day period....

i really enjoy weapons more than hats but when this came out I lost interest. It's the same thing with CSGO, WAYY too many variants and I don't feel like completely relearning a new thing just to get a few cool weapons.

Just such a terrible idea. They could have made the unusual effects applied like killstreaks but no.

there's 4 different effects for 1 weapon, and all of which can't be seen once you switched to another weapon in game. My unusual hat can be seen so long i wear it 

Aren't all skins atm are valve-maded? (in tf2)

What's the point in comparing popular community skins vs boreal mesh and sand dunes?

I think what it comes down to is simply this:  

I would much rather have a stat track skin than an unusual skin without stat track.  It'll cost me substantially less too.  Basically, I'm not paying 50 keys for a weapon that doesn't even count my kills.  Functionality > looks

I had strange + unusual + mw Liquid Asset and i received a total of 1 offer during a 8 day period....

How much did you end up getting for it if I may ask?

Strange + unusual + factory new

Anything less is crap and not worth buying.

This is something I look out.

Waitng for a purple range sniper with energy orb or isotope

Agree with those who say the skins are shit. If I wanted to buy an expensive weapon, I'd rather buy an Australium one. They look much better, have Strange stats and generally are cheaper than the Unusual skins.

Not to mention this whole Battle Scarred-Factory New thing is messing with my OCD so hard. Why would I pay a lot of keys for something that isn't perfect to me? Because anything below a Strange Unusual "Factory New" (which could be going for more than 1000 keys) is not perfect in my eyes.

Personally I like quite a few of the skins in this update, but only the factory new ones since if I want to have a gun with a pattern on it, I better be able to see that pattern. And that applies to all the conditions for these guns; some want only battle-scarred, some only want minimal wear, and so forth. That applies to the unusual variants as well; if I want to go for an unusual one, I would want one that is non-strange and factory new with an unusual effect I found matched the class that would have that weapon. As you can already see, that is a lot of requirements to look for. I may find one that has the effect I want, but the condition is not factory new. I may find a factory new one with the effect I want, but it's strange. In short it becomes a pain to try and find one that fits all your requirements, if one has even been unboxed and depending how many of them actually exist yet.

So in the end, unless you are really, really looking for one, it's not worth the hassle most of the time.

They'll become wanted when good skins come out

there is some good skins, mainly the sniper skins that look good

Once they aren't fucking overpriced, hopefully people will start buying.

Aren't all skins atm are valve-maded? (in tf2)

What's the point in comparing popular community skins vs boreal mesh and sand dunes?

This so much.

People don't even seem to realize that these are valve made so of course they aren't very good looking. I mean, take a look at the first collections that were released in csgo. All of them are bad. Just like the current tf2 ones.

http://csgostash.com/collection/The+Alpha+Collection

http://csgostash.com/collection/The+Assault+Collection

And for the love of god, do not say that glock fade looks good because it was considered a shit looking skin back in the day.

Give the game time for community skins to be released. This is history repeating itself all over again as the csgo community said this very thing.

Personally, I like a few of the skins. I actually sold my old S .ProKS Sticky to buy a StatClock Carpet Bomber and I love the thing.

I like the ones that actually have a design on them (e.g. Carpet Bomber has stickybombs all over it), not "lelelele shitty camo".

Archived