Inproving the cs go econemy!

CHOO CHOO TRAIN

You know how tf2 has backpack.tf so you can recommend a price and buy things that are listed on backpack.tf i think the same should happen with cs go. It would make buying stuff cheaper for everyone because because items would not be inflated %15.

You know how tf2 has backpack.tf so you can recommend a price and buy things that are listed on backpack.tf i think the same should happen with cs go. It would make buying stuff cheaper for everyone because because items would not be inflated %15.

It would be very hard to control csgo. The steam community market has already been established and for csgo and all csgo items can be traded on the community market. Not all tf2 items (could be(back in the past))can be traded on the community market which lead to the creation of spreadsheets and backpack.tf

It sounds to me like what OP wants is a backpack.tf style system which involves currency based price suggestions (i.e. metals, keys, buds). The problem with that is that cs:go has no real "currency" items other than keys, which isn't nearly enough. You can't just say this one blue skin is worth like 5 of these crappy battle-scarred mp7's or something like that.

Posted · Hidden by polar, July 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, July 28, 2015 - No reason given

i stopped reading at inproving

Posted · Hidden by polar, July 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, July 28, 2015 - No reason given

from the econemy title bit i thought this was a great below troll post

and you think by getting a 3rd party site to price your items through 10 year olds is upgrade for cs:go economy?

lel. this is the main reason the biggest tf2 traders quit tf2 trading.

and you think by getting a 3rd party site to price your items through 10 year olds is upgrade for cs:go economy?

lel. this is the main reason the biggest tf2 traders quit tf2 trading.

+1 

cs:go is fine on it's own

While he's wrong about the 15% inflation thing, having the ability to suggest prices for knives on csgo.backpack.tf would actually be very nice, for knives worth more than the SCM cap, because currently it is very difficult to ascertain the values of items that are worth more than the SCM cap, and it would be an asset to traders who don't have the time to do hours of research, or months of experience under their belt.

While he's wrong about the 15% inflation thing, having the ability to suggest prices for knives on csgo.backpack.tf would actually be very nice, for knives worth more than the SCM cap, because currently it is very difficult to ascertain the values of items that are worth more than the SCM cap, and it would be an asset to traders who don't have the time to do hours of research, or months of experience under their belt.

It has been brought up before and the main issue is that all knives are "unique" and when you get to high tier knifes the smallest thing can make the biggest difference in price.

Just like how god tier unusuals in tf2 are more served as "report the most recent sales" rather than actual pricing however you cant do that on cs:go since you cant track sales and every knife is different. You can have the same skin, the same exterior and still have a difference of hundreds of keys. Then you need to consider the quality of the knife, special patterns, %blue, where the blue actually is...etc and on top of that prices can change pretty darn fast. Trying to price them if anything would lead to users being sharked and I dont think we could price things properly without bringing back the "old bp.tf" way of suggesting (i.e. have no proof but rather a very subjective price from users and a mod who knows his shit to accept) But even then anyone who will be trading in those waters will be highly experienced (or stupidly rich) and wont use our "guide" making it essentially pointless.

Archived