Open discussion on rules for trading with scammers ×

Dissapearing Items

Aurotzel

Haven't made a thread on here before, so forgive me if I put it in the wrong section or whatever.

So I have backpack.tf automatic set up, and was selling a crafted Black Rose for 10 keys. I got a trade offer paying the B/O, but shorty after I got it, steam started bugging out, and I couldn't see the offer, and it wasn't being accepted. So I figured steam was just being slow and I waited it out. After the trade actually loaded, it just said "Items now Unavailable for Trade". I look in my inventory but the Black Rose is nowhere to be found, but I also didn't get the keys from the offer. I checked my trade history and I don't have any history of trading the item, it's just gone.

Anything I can do to make it possibly show up, or is it completely gone? :/

Steam Community server and TF2 item api was having problems about 1 hour - half an hour ago. I'd say just give it a couple of minutes, restart steam and see if that works. Otherwise, contact support.

probably just give it time and it should go though, also check if that person who sent the trade offer had the same issue (keys not in inventory in this case?)

Otherwise after that contact support.

I just went ahead and submitted a ticket to Steam Support.

Not really sure if the other guy in the trade had the same issue since it was keys and he could always just have had more.

it's just steam api being retarded as always

you won't have to worry about it, it will be back on later probably and you will be able to do your stuff

Looked into it, and it looks like he actually did get the Black Rose. So he got his item, but I didn't get my keys. Just hope they do end up showing up later, but I'm starting to doubt it.

Guy's backpack http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197972222524

He actually doesn't have it, at least when I checked. You said you were selling a crafted one, but the only Black Rose there is a non-tradable one.

He actually doesn't have it, at least when I checked. You said you were selling a crafted one, but the only Black Rose there is a non-tradable one.

Check the history, it's my knife. It looks like he removed the crafter's name, then bought a killstreak kit off of the community market and applied it, hence it being untradable.

Have you tried adding him and explaining what happened, and asking whether he lost the keys in the trade (in which case, hopefully Steam support will help) or if he kept the keys for whatever glitchy reason (In which case, hopefully he'd give them to you--after all, he was apparently willing to pay the buyout)?

Probably a long shot, but you never know. Hopefully he'd at least be willing to tell you what happened from his end.

Edit: The guy added me and gave the keys, probably shoulda done this to begin with, heh. Still annoyed that Valve screwed up the trade though and didn't give me the keys to begin with. 

Edit: The guy added me and gave the keys, probably shoulda done this to begin with, heh. Still annoyed that Valve screwed up the trade though and didn't give me the keys to begin with. 

Go give that guy a +rep if you haven't already :)

Archived