Modern America - Police / Racial Issues

Mountain Ritos

In the wake of the church shooting, Michael Brown, the guy that got arrested in the van ( sorry brain.exe has stopped), Trayvon Martin, "militarization" of police

What do you guys think we can do? I for one, see no problem with the police force having armor and a few MRAPs, the city two away from me has an APC sitting outside of town hall

The racist discussion - must be cautious, where I live anything I say a black guy doesn't like is automatically racist - I believe in rights for all, gender, race, etc. I do not think that the current black / african american rights groups / movements are using the right methods to attain these things.

"NO JUSTICE NO PEACE" - to gain rights you commit crimes, while being arrested you yell abuse

Michael Brown - robs a store, still is an angel to everyone

The church - terrible yes, no denying. Now all of a sudden people want to take the confederate flag?

Opinions?

Dear police;

If people are out in the streets rioting and burning shit, bring guns. But only use them if needed.

If they don't present a threat, don't shoot the fucking person.

In the end, 99% of the time that a black person is assaulted by the police, that person was not innocent. The police were almost invariably trying to arrest/detain the person because they were committing or had committed a crime, and the situation just turns bad. It's not a cop's fault when someone goes on a rampage. It doesn't help that the media likes to blow it out of proportion and lie about it, and it's really a vicious cycle.

Michael Brown - robs a store, still is an angel to everyone

Opinions?

Opinions? I'm glad that I live a country where police have to pass a pychology test.

- You're a racist? Good for you, but you shouldn't be a cop

- You're prone to violence? Good for you, but you shouldn't be a cop

I don't understand the "racist" side, studies have been done tht shows police kill more whites than blacks

I don't understand the "racist" side, studies have been done tht shows police kill more whites than blacks

When was the last time you heard the news talk about the police using excessive force on a white person?

The news focuses on these events and even if they don't say "Must be racism" people make that connection because it's the  most common thing they hear.

it's actually quite simple:

• demographic US:

63% white, 37% minority (of which 12% black)

• killed by cops:

52% white, 48% minority (of which 29% black)

• killed by cops, while unarmed:

36% white, 64% minority

you correctly point out that more white people get killed then black people the amount of people killed by cops, 29% black < 52% white.

But, absolute numbers don't mean much: there were also 0% martians killed. and 52% white >>>>>>> 0% martians. That's not because there is discrimination or not, but because there are (aguably ;) ) no martians on earth to be shot by the police.

Likewise, there are waaay more white people then black people. The idealy the "63 white / 27 minorty (12 black)" Should repeat itself ... but it doesn't.

• Proporionally, black people are shot three times more then white people.
  • Proportionally, unarmed minorities are shot four times more then white people

@ all you fuckers saying "the person wasn't innocent"

so selling cigarettes on the street  = murdered on video by pig using illegal chokehold = okay cause he wasn't innocent?

may have robbed a store, pig who shot him did not and could not have known this either way = shot 6 times in the back in the fucking street = okay cause he 'wasn't an angel'?

FUCKING  12 YEAR OLD BOY WITH A FAKE GUN IN A PARK, POLICE ARE CALLED, CALLER MENTIONS TWICE THAT HE THINKS THE GUN IS FAKE AND THAT THE PERSON IS A CHILD = PIGS SHOOT HIM WITHIN 2 SECONDS OF ARRIVAL = HE WAS NO ANGEL SO IT'S FINE

BLACK GUY HAS A FAKE SWORD FOR A CONVENTION = SHOT IN THE BACK BY COPS = HE WAS PROBABLY GUILTY OF SOMETHING IF WE LOOK HARD ENOUGH COPS WERE RIGHT IT'S FINE

not one of these murderers has experienced any consequence except paid leave for their murders.

whereas:

armed white supremacist walks into a black church, murders people, is brought out alive.

armed white biker gangs have a shootout in broad daylight, murder each other, arrested without cops killing anyone.

holy shit guys if you can't see how it works by now i don't know what to tell you

more shit about american private jails:

http://rollingout.com/political-scandals/what-private-prisons-suing-states-for-millions-if-they-dont-stay-full/

http://www.inthepublicinterest.org/criminal-how-lockup-quotas-and-low-crime-taxes-guarantee-profits-for-private-prison-corporations/

cops beat an autistic teen, held him for questioning then released him without charge:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150708/fordham/nypd-officers-beat-autistic-teen-front-of-his-home-lawsuit-says

cop shoots Vonderrit Myers 8 times, 6 in the back of his legs (i.e. he was fleeing), later the force claim he shot at police first. the gun they say he used does not have his fingerprints or DNA on it. the cop remains on active duty.

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/article_aaaa0b5c-5b11-11e4-8b2c-ffa5bf7c7d4b.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/st-louis-police-seek-no-charges-in-officer-s-killing/article_613ee14a-5c6f-50a9-9566-009df039d49e.html

https://storify.com/seanjjordan/reflecting-on-vonderritmyers-may-18-2015

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/st-louis-police-seek-no-charges-in-officer-s-killing/article_613ee14a-5c6f-50a9-9566-009df039d49e.html

@ all you fuckers saying "the person wasn't innocent"

so selling cigarettes on the street  = murdered on video by pig using illegal chokehold = okay cause he wasn't innocent?

may have robbed a store, pig who shot him did not and could not have known this either way = shot 6 times in the back in the fucking street = okay cause he 'wasn't an angel'?

FUCKING  12 YEAR OLD BOY WITH A FAKE GUN IN A PARK, POLICE ARE CALLED, CALLER MENTIONS TWICE THAT HE THINKS THE GUN IS FAKE AND THAT THE PERSON IS A CHILD = PIGS SHOOT HIM WITHIN 2 SECONDS OF ARRIVAL = HE WAS NO ANGEL SO IT'S FINE

BLACK GUY HAS A FAKE SWORD FOR A CONVENTION = SHOT IN THE BACK BY COPS = HE WAS PROBABLY GUILTY OF SOMETHING IF WE LOOK HARD ENOUGH COPS WERE RIGHT IT'S FINE

not one of these murderers has experienced any consequence except paid leave for their murders.

whereas:

armed white supremacist walks into a black church, murders people, is brought out alive.

armed white biker gangs have a shootout in broad daylight, murder each other, arrested without cops killing anyone.

holy shit guys if you can't see how it works by now i don't know what to tell you

more shit about american private jails:

http://rollingout.com/political-scandals/what-private-prisons-suing-states-for-millions-if-they-dont-stay-full/

http://www.inthepublicinterest.org/criminal-how-lockup-quotas-and-low-crime-taxes-guarantee-profits-for-private-prison-corporations/

cops beat an autistic teen, held him for questioning then released him without charge:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150708/fordham/nypd-officers-beat-autistic-teen-front-of-his-home-lawsuit-says

cop shoots Vonderrit Myers 8 times, 6 in the back of his legs (i.e. he was fleeing), later the force claim he shot at police first. the gun they say he used does not have his fingerprints or DNA on it. the cop remains on active duty.

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/article_aaaa0b5c-5b11-11e4-8b2c-ffa5bf7c7d4b.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

https://storify.com/seanjjordan/reflecting-on-vonderritmyers-may-18-2015

bruh  "FAKE GUN" - cop pulls up, sees a gun, you really think they immediatly know if it's fake or not?

guy walks into a convention with a fake SWORD - cop sees a guy with a large blade, you're aware a lot of 'fake' swords look very real, right?

im not protecting those police officers who are prone to violence or racist, but im saying that we're all getting tired of it, at least near me.

bruh  "FAKE GUN" - cop pulls up, sees a gun, you really think they immediatly know if it's fake or not?

sorry mate, either kids should be allowed to play with fake guns, or cops are justified in shooting people with a fake guns.

Or there needs to be a huge sticker on the box "warning: if your kid plays with this toy, he might get shot by cops."

It's a logical effect of lax gunlaws

• people will have more weapons
  • higher chance people will be armd
  • cops have to be more careful
  • cops are justifiably more paranoid
  • cops will get more mistakes

Irrelevant of "but second amenemnt!" or "right to self-defense!" ... if those are valid arguments or not, doesn't really matter. What my point is that if make a decision, you need to accept the negative side effects.

more guns = more danger for kids playing with toy guns.

guy walks into a convention with a fake SWORD - cop sees a guy with a large blade, you're aware a lot of 'fake' swords look very real, right?

Is this what you guys are talking about? Seems like your typical escalation of force.

im not protecting those police officers who are prone to violence or racist, but im saying that we're all getting tired of it, at least near me.

FUCKING 12 YAER OLD CHILD SHOT IN 2 SECONDS OF ARRIVAL - I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT WAS REAL OR NOT, THEY MANAGE TO ARREST THE WHITE TERRORISTS WHO SHOT UP THEATRES AND CHURCHES WITHOUT SHOOTING THEM!

OPEN CARRY LAWS: WHITE MEN WALK INTO WALMART WITH AN AR-15: A REAL ONE! NOT SHOT ON SIGH. BRINGING A FAKE SWORD TO A GOD DAMN CONVENTION IS NOT A REASON TO SHOOT A MAN

sorry mate, either kids should be allowed to play with fake guns, or cops are justified in shooting people with a fake guns.

Or there needs to be a huge sticker on the box "warning: if your kid plays with this toy, he might get shot by cops."

It's a logical effect of lax gunlaws

• people will have more weapons
  • higher chance people will be armd
  • cops have to be more careful
  • cops are justifiably more paranoid
  • cops will get more mistakes

Irrelevant of "but second amenemnt!" or "right to self-defense!" ... if those are valid arguments or not, doesn't really matter. What my point is that if make a decision, you need to accept the negative side effects.

more guns = more danger for kids playing with toy guns.

Is this what you guys are talking about? Seems like your typical escalation of force.

i can go down to the mall where there's a store for little kids, i mean like 7 and under, sells realistic looking bb and airsoft guns

welcome to the US

FUCKING 12 YAER OLD CHILD SHOT IN 2 SECONDS OF ARRIVAL - I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT WAS REAL OR NOT, THEY MANAGE TO ARREST THE WHITE TERRORISTS WHO SHOT UP THEATRES AND CHURCHES WITHOUT SHOOTING THEM!

OPEN CARRY LAWS: WHITE MEN WALK INTO WALMART WITH AN AR-15: A REAL ONE! NOT SHOT ON SIGH. BRINGING A FAKE SWORD TO A GOD DAMN CONVENTION IS NOT A REASON TO SHOOT A MAN

sir, you can turn off your caps

tell me, you're a cop, you see a guy with a gun, aiming at you or not, what would you do? bringing a fake sword to a convention is a stupid idea, you really think that everyone knows whether it's fake or not instantly? open carry laws, not my area of expertise, but you cant walk around walmart holding a rifle casually without no one calling 911

i can go down to the mall where there's a store for little kids, i mean like 7 and under, sells realistic looking bb and airsoft guns

welcome to the US

yeah, and kids get shot  because the cops think they got a gun

Welcome to the US? no thanks, I stay in riiiiiiight here, if you don't mind

tell me, you're a cop, you see a guy with a gun, aiming at you or not, what would you do?

considering it's a kid... how about ASSUME IT'S FAKE???

I don't get it ... do you argue that police officers are in there right to shoot kids with toys that they could mistake for weapons?

IF so, do you feel it's OK for people to to buys toys for their kids - litterly putting them in danger of getting shot by a passerby cop who mistook it for a real thing?

Not only was it just a kid but if I recall the person that called 911 at the time kept saying that they thought it was a fake gun but they were just unsure.

I was looking for the security footage from it but I could only find the story on CNN, but it includes the call so you can clearly hear the caller say they think it was fake and the police still shot.

yeah, and kids get shot  because the cops think they got a gun

Welcome to the US? no thanks, I stay in riiiiiiight here, if you don't mind

I don't get it ... do you argue that police officers are in there right to shoot kids with toys that they could mistake for weapons?

IF so, do you feel it's OK for people to to buys toys for their kids - litterly putting them in danger of getting shot by a passerby cop who mistook it for a real thing?

You're listening but you're not hearing me. I own a airsoft mini uzi that looks pretty realistix

"considering it's a kid... how about ASSUME IT'S FAKE???"

In the middle east kids walk around with AK47s and bombs, you really think it's too unbelievable to see a kid in the US with a gun?

" yeah, and kids get shot because the cops think they got a gun"

What do you want the cops to do? Stand there and maybe get shot? "breaking news, small child shoots police officer"

____

"Not only was it just a kid but if I recall the person that called 911 at the time kept saying that they thought it was a fake gun but they were just unsure"

This may be true, but I'm fairly sure police officers aren't always given *ALL* the details of the 911 call. Dispatchers can't just tell these officers word for word what they were told on a dime over the radio.

@SilverSpeed How do you get the gif and the youtube link put into your comments? I'm fairly new to this

In the middle east kids walk around with AK47s and bombs, you really think it's too unbelievable to see a kid in the US with a gun?

WTF is that for an argument? If your cops think they are in the middle east, they should see a shrink IMMEDIATELY !

There's not. They don't run around in a FREAKING warzone with CHILD SOLDIERS! They patrole CITIES with CIVILIANS!

What do you want the cops to do? Stand there and maybe get shot?

who of the two chose there profession? who gets danger pay?

Are you seriously asking me what the better choice between

• police officer possibly get shot
  • child gets shot

is the US such a f**** up country that the second is prefered over the first???

____

"Not only was it just a kid but if I recall the person that called 911 at the time kept saying that they thought it was a fake gun but they were just unsure"

This may be true, but I'm fairly sure police officers aren't always given *ALL* the details of the 911 call. Dispatchers can't just tell these officers word for word what they were told on a dime over the radio.

I understand that but in this scenario I think when the caller tells the dispatcher  that he believes the weapon is a fake twice that might be an important piece of information. Especially when it was a child involved.

WTF is that for an argument? If your cops think they are in the middle east, they should see a shrink IMMEDIATELY !

There's not. They don't run around in a FREAKING warzone with CHILD SOLDIERS! They patrole CITIES with CIVILIANS!

who of the two chose there profession? who gets danger pay?

Are you seriously asking me what the better choice between

• police officer possibly get shot
  • child gets shot

is the US such a f**** up country that the second is prefered over the first???

What do police officers being paid have to do with this, let alone professions. Tell me, you see a kid who appears to have a large rifle standing around in the street, what are you going to do? Police have the full right to defend themselves if they truely feel threatened

Not only was it just a kid but if I recall the person that called 911 at the time kept saying that they thought it was a fake gun but they were just unsure.

I was looking for the security footage from it but I could only find the story on CNN, but it includes the call so you can clearly hear the caller say they think it was fake and the police still shot.

As mentioned previously, officers were not informed of it probably being a fake gun, to further assist my point I will give you some times in the video to watch 0:58 **2:30**

Lastly, 1:23

The police are not going to take chances, as far as they knew, they had a guy flashing a gun at people.

What do police officers being paid have to do with this

A guy who's getting paid to handle dangerous chemicals doesn't need to cry he's handling dangerous chemicals - it's part of his job.

Cops get paid for the risk of being shot at. If someone doesn't want that risk - if they are someone who easily fear for their life, they shouldn't become a cop in the first place.

Tell me, you see a kid who appears to have a large rifle standing around in the street, what are you going to do?

if I'm a cop?

(1) ask if it's a real gun (heck, use a megaphone if I don't want to come close)

(2) point out that people are afraid of him, he's breaking(?) the law, and ask him to put down the gun

(3) perhaps even draw my gun, but NOT point it at the person in question.

"Escalation of force" is a real thing, ya know?

Most civilians aren't trained on what to when they get a gun shoved in their face. even when it is one of the cops

cops ARE (or SHOULD be ) trained what do do when encountring people with a gun. And shooting the person in fearful panic ISN'T it.

A guy who's getting paid to handle dangerous chemicals doesn't need to cry he's handling dangerous chemicals - it's part of his job.Cops get paid for the risk of being shot at. If someone doesn't want that risk - if they are someone who easily fear for their life, they shouldn't become a cop in the first place.if I'm a cop?(1) ask if it's a real gun (heck, use a megaphone if I don't want to come close)(2) point out that people are afraid of him, he's breaking(?) the law, and ask him to put down the gun(3) perhaps even draw my gun, but NOT point it at the person in question."Escalation of force" is a real thing, ya know?Most civilians aren't trained on what to when they get a gun shoved in their face. even when it is one of the copscops ARE (or SHOULD be ) trained what do do when encountring people with a gun. And shooting the person in fearful panic ISN'T it.

It isnt just the cops life that was at risk it was people around too

Why should he ask if its a real gun? So when someone is robbing a bank and you're a police officer and walk into the bank and you see a person pointing a gun at the clerk you're supposed to ask if its a real gun?

Playing devil's advocate here, didn't someone remove the part of the fake gun that showed that it was a fake gun in the first place?

Very annoying topic in my opinion the police from what I can see reach for the gun first before taser and when they shoot they shoot to kill rather than simply stopping/warning shot for the victim.

There have been plenty of cases where the victim who was either doing something not worth killing over "flees" and the cop shoots them a few times until they are dead. Cops are only allowed to use lethal force when they feel their lives are in danger...etc it's supposed to be for self defence and deterrence not to kill someone. Or many times it's a petty crime and the police would arrive and escalate whole situation which leads to unnecessary deaths.

Not to mention the many convenient times where the body camera is "malfunctioned" while the cop has done something questionable which later he would get charged anyways. Eg. that case where a woman was sexual assaulted and she claimed that the cop tried to force his baton down her throat. Camera was "broken" and he was almost cleared until there was a video surveillance which popped up.

Fake guns have the orange tip and it's required by law to have the orange tip, a few times cops have engaged shooting the victim multiple times and the "gun" was clearly a toy. However with that said gangs have been spraying their tips orange so it is up to the police to be able to differentiate a 5yr isnt going to have a gun. Many people also forget cops have a taser and are supposed to fire warning shot first.

Tbh many situations the victim's death occurs because the cop escalated the situation which is probably because of their training to treat everything as if a bomb is about to go off. E.g that case where someone who was trying to suicide was he was suffering depression or something the cops come and kill him because the guy had a knife (which he was trying to kill himself with) and the cop thought it was an attack...

Archived