Hoarding: Buds to Unusuals

-=Fooligan=-

So we all know that before keys got inflated to their prices today, that buds were one of the main pieces of currency.

But as such before, people or Traders would often hoard these as their obvious value would come in handy in gaining profit.

--

Now it seems as though high-end traders are now hoarding a multitude of unusuals from players. Instead of buds being used, unusuals are being replaced to make up for the budstruction. Possibly never seeing the light of day again, or being ridiculously overpriced in some cases.

Just curious on anyone else's thoughts on this subject. What will happen to certain unusuals? Are unusuals now going to be used for "currency" beside keys? Will there ever be a substitute for buds other than just keys?

I really don't think this is the case most of the time. Either they bought the hat for keeps, are selling it, or just hanging onto it for a while. I've seen way more people hoard keys than hats, but that's just me.

I've seen a couple traders here and there that have like maybe 30+ to 200+ unusuals up for trading. So I thought I'd toss this up there, see what anyone thought.

I've seen a couple traders here and there that have like maybe 30+ to 200+ unusuals up for trading. So I thought I'd toss this up there, see what anyone thought.

Buy cheap sell high. They aren't hoarding.

No disrespect, but you lack perspective.  What you witnessed wasn't actually bud hoarding with the goal of profit, it was pure hoarding, which occurs today with keys (ahem...check my backpack).   Pure is difficult to get for unusuals.  So once traders come into a decent amount of pure, they have a tendency not to want to spend it.  Also, it's much easier to cash out pure than other items, and most traders always "have one foot out the door", i.e. they feel safer if they're prepared to cash out should anything unexpected occur.  

The "hat hoarding":  that's just expensive and/or rare hats which are highly valued.  These aren't being hoarded, they are being held in collections (which might be the same thing you could argue).  

Yeah it's not hoarding ay, just people looking to profit... buy cheap sell a bit more, rinse and wash type trading.

Archived