Books are Weapons now?

HarryG

So now the Spellbook Magazine and Fireproof Secret Diary now have the following text description: "This weapon deploys 50% faster."

Anybody know what this means? It does seem like it got buffed but I don't know exactly how, or what that even means for a book to be buffed.

it's just valve fucking with people

spam

Anyways,

just a couple of bugs/glitches Valve didn't notice, plz stop hating on them or i'll get my gun out.

Well, they're not exactly weapons but you need to equip them to use spells (halloween). Perhaps they made it faster to use or something.

When they mean "50% faster to deploy", they mean that they sped up the animation time to use a spell.

Well, they're not exactly weapons but you need to equip them to use spells (halloween).

Well it is used to kill so it is obviously considered a weapon. Just isn't used in the weapon slots.

Also the blank killstreak kits when used on the spellbooks actually count spell killstreaks (or so I've heard). Which makes it kind of frustrating that they can only be made killstreak through the blank kits and that Valve didn't do killstreak spellbooks beforehand.

(Given that they went and made the Strange Haunted Kritz or Treat Canteen only able to level up in Carnival of Carnage, when it can only be used in MvM and using it in Carnival of Carnage means you can't use spells, why I am even surprised about the spellbook stuff?)

Archived