Travel Awards Division

smartmeme

When I ordered an item on Amazon, I received a letter from my mailbox by either 'American Airways' or 'US Airlines' about being “qualified for an award of 2 round-trip airline tickets†in stamped, hand-written envelopes with no return address. American Airways? US Airlines?

Here's the text of the letter:

Dear Mike,

I am pleased to inform you that you have qualified for an award of 2 round-trip airline tickets. Congratulations. These tickets are valid for travel anywhere in the Continental U.S. from any major international airport. The retail value of this award is up to $1,398.00 (or $1,298.00 in some letters). Certain restrictions apply.

We have attempted contacting you several times without success. This is our last attempt. If we do not hear from you soon, we may need to issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate.

Please call me today at 1-866-931-8033 (or 1-866-675-8061 or a host of other numbers).

Regards,
Dana Kline (or Kerry Dyer)
Vice President

US Airlines isn’t an real airline, at least not as of today. Nor is American Airways. Though I have seen reports of these letters using American Airlines’ name. The letters are not, however, from the real American Airlines.

If you get one of these letters, just toss it away. A travel agency that seems to be in every city and always with a promotion going on. It is a scam.

send them a letter back saying "for the glory of muhammed?" 

it's a scam, ignore it.

i keked so hard my grenades nearly fell out of my pocket

Archived