What did you guys think about the Gun Mettle Update?

TvM Marty Mcfly

The only thing that kind of killed for me was the having to pay 6.00 dollars to even do anything in the update. Some of the skins are cool others are just yuck

Feel free to say what you thought about the update!

I like it. The contracts are fun and love the new maps.

The skins I don't really care about but they are cool.

Balance changes are neat too.

Also, I have done three contracts and the drops I got from them have payed for the pass and a little more. So yey!

The fact that multiple of my friends have broken even/ gained profit with the contracts while i've gotten 3 ~$.30 skins makes me pretty upset. 

I actually like the skins though, most of them are decent. THe ability to pick guns up is really interesting too. Also they buffed the iron bomber which I main :^)

I like a lot of the skins and feel like some of the rare ones are going to bring some life to the economy down the road. I didnt mind paying 3 keys for the update because I sold a case for 3 keys anyway and making profit off the skins now. I got the case for scoring 100 CP as my main class too. 4 points for a headshot and it took maybe 10 minutes :^)

The maps are decent, especially Borneo. The balance changes are great. The addition of skins is "I think they're all ugly except this one sweet jesus I want it".

"I CANT BELIEVE VALVE, THEY MADE TF2 LIKE CS:GO, SO IM LEAVING TF2 TO PLAY CSGO!" - people

Most of the balance changes were welcome or needed, but there were areas lacking or things that I would have like to have seen balanced at weren't. Powerhouse is okay, borneo is an older version, Suijin is an fps killer, and snowplow is shit and an fps killer. Most of the skins are nice, but cases being $10 on the scm is total bullshit.

However, they broke a ton of shit with the update. All forms of explosive jumping are broken (rocket jumping recently got patched, but sticky jumping, sentry jumping, and basher jumping all don't work right now). Stickys are fucked, they have no damage falloff, making them sort of overpowered. And perhaps most annoying, people fps has just been butchered. For example, I used to get ~90-100 fps in a full valve server pre-update but now get 30-60 frames (I've been forced to go into dx8). Weapon skins just destroy fps. Also the pickup weapons system is clunky as fuck

Best chance to profit yet i practically missed/passed on each one 

Too true.

The only thing that kind of killed for me was the having to pay 6.00 dollars to even do anything in the update. Some of the skins are cool others are just yuck

Kinda just messed with the economy by making previous reskins look inferior. 

Plus a lot of glitched items were found or unboxed like unspecified ks kits,normal quality weapons(Including a aussie) and crafted stock weapons.

~90-100 fps in a full valve server pre-update but now get 30-60 frames (I've been forced to go into dx8). Weapon skins just destroy fps. Also the pickup weapons system is clunky as fuck

I'm right with you buddy. Untill I get my new PC I will have to stick with DirectX8  and imagine that my £3 skin is there when it's just the normal RL due to DirectX8 not being able to display skins

I'm right with you buddy. Untill I get my new PC I will have to stick with DirectX8  and imagine that my £3 skin is there when it's just the normal RL due to DirectX8 not being able to display skins

I haven't even loaded up the new update on my PC so i'm fearing for my life. My hope is valve will "optomize" the skins ect.

plain turtle poop

this update is just a cash grab so valve can get more money!

Every update is a cash grab so valve can get more money. If they stop making money off of there games, they'll just go broke.

Powerhouse is an amazing map, contracts are fun and the reward is like mvm (I like mvm). Balance chances were good, new skins why not, unusual weapons are a cool gimmick. I like this update. :)

The new skins give me FPS drops. ;-; Other than that, gr8 upd8 and the competitive matchmaking stuff that was added gets me hyped.

Pay $6, get case drop, sell for $9.   Easy to recoup that 6 bucks.  

Archived