Help with Paypal and Debit Cards

JayTuut

(Should this be in this section?)

Anyway, my email already has a paypal account and I don't know why, I can't get into it.

Anyway I created another one with a different email and I need to ask a few questions:

The debit card takes 0.09 of every transcation, If I link it to paypal and say buy keys for 1.90, would it actually cost 1.99?

If the debit card reaches $0 on the balance and isn't topped up, will paypal still work?

How do I get a "verified" paypal?

Thanks!

(Should this be in this section?)

Anyway, my email already has a paypal account and I don't know why, I can't get into it.

Anyway I created another one with a different email and I need to ask a few questions:

The debit card takes 0.09 of every transcation, If I link it to paypal and say buy keys for 1.90, would it actually cost 1.99?

If the debit card reaches $0 on the balance and isn't topped up, will paypal still work?

Thanks!

To answer the first question. The way you make it sound like is that it is .09 fee a transaction. This means that you are charged a flat .09 every time you use your debit card to pay for a paypal transaction.

For example you buy (at once)

1 Key ---> $1.99 / key

3 Keys ---> $1.93 / key

9 Keys ----> $1.91 / key

etc

I would recommend transferring what you think you need in one big sum from your debt card.

I'm not 100% on the 2nd one, will research 

To answer the first question. The way you make it sound like is that it is .09 fee a transaction. This means that you are charged a flat .09 every time you use your debit card to pay for a paypal transaction.

For example you buy (at once)

1 Key ---> $1.99 / key

3 Keys ---> $1.93 / key

9 Keys ----> $1.91 / key

etc

I would recommend transferring what you think you need in one big sum from your debt card.

I'm not 100% on the 2nd one, will research 

The third question also?

And... thanks, yeah its a fee per transcation, its like yeah .09c a transcation. So yeah.. But it won't charge if I do it more then 9 times or something? (in a month i think?) So yeah, just wondering tho, so if I had paypal money and didn't use my debit card to do buy, say keys, would I still be charged?

The third question also?

And... thanks, yeah its a fee per transcation, its like yeah .09c a transcation. So yeah.. But it won't charge if I do it more then 9 times or something? (in a month i think?) So yeah, just wondering tho, so if I had paypal money and didn't use my debit card to do buy, say keys, would I still be charged?

Verification depends on the country. 

For the USA,

In the US, a Verified member has either added and confirmed a bank account with PayPal or received approval for a PayPal Plus credit card.

Source: 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/verification-faq

As for the other question...

The way it works when you take money from your debit card

You request money from Paypal

Paypal requests money from Debit Card

Debit Card sends money to Paypal for a fee

You have money to send

This is how it works with you have a Paypal balance essentially cutting out the debit card

You request money from Paypal

Paypal sees that you have the amount in your account

You have money to send

tl:dr if you don't request money from the debit card, you won't be charged .09 by the card. However, depending on where you send the money to, Paypal may also take a fee for currency changes, sending fees, etc.

Always check if paypal will charge you a fee before you send.

Also, to answer the last question, I would advise making sure that you have the amount on the card before you try to overdraw it. That is something I cannot answer it, as it should be with your bank.

Please be aware that I do not know everything and this is from what research / experience I have with Paypal

If you are seriously this confused, I'd suggest reading up on Paypal before you start sending money.  

You need to enter your bank's routing number and your account number into PayPal when linking your bank, then they will make one or two small deposits (usually around 10 cents) and once they do you can confirm with PayPal. It usually takes a couple days.

You are better off linking your bank account to your paypal if you are going to be making purchases that require the use of sending or receiving money from others.

Linking your account will excuse you of all fees. At least in the US. Can't say it's the same for Australia. Maybe that will remove the 9 cent fee per transaction.

If your debit card reaches zero, or you don't have enough money to purchase a key for example, the purchase will be declined.

You are better off linking your bank account to your paypal if you are going to be making purchases that require the use of sending or receiving money from others.

Linking your account will excuse you of all fees. At least in the US. Can't say it's the same for Australia. Maybe that will remove the 9 cent fee per transaction.

If your debit card reaches zero, or you don't have enough money to purchase a key for example, the purchase will be declined.

I meant If i have a balance on but $0 on the card can i still do purchases

What kind of card do you have? Debit cards don't have 'balances' as they are directly linked to your bank account. If your bank is 0/negative, your card and anything you try to use with it will be declined. Unless it's different in Australia, talking from a US perspective.

I meant If i have a balance on but $0 on the card can i still do purchases

If you have a paypal balance you can still do purchases as long as it's within your existing paypal balance, if it is larger paypal will try to take the excess from your card/bank since you havent linked your bank it will take from the card and the transaction will fail as your card will reject overdrawing.

What kind of card do you have? Debit cards don't have 'balances' as they are directly linked to your bank account. If your bank is 0/negative, your card and anything you try to use with it will be declined. Unless it's different in Australia, talking from a US perspective.

I believe he uses a prepaid reloadable debit card it's basically a debit card where you throw money into it and that's all you have (normally if you have over X amount of money in there they will charge a monthly service fee) incase you get scammed/hacked they wont have access to every cent only what's available on the card.

Reloadable credit cards you will need to be verified with ID...etc to prevent fraud in case anyone else was interested in getting one.

If you have a paypal balance you can still do purchases as long as it's within your existing paypal balance, if it is larger paypal will try to take the excess from your card/bank since you havent linked your bank it will take from the card and the transaction will fail as your card will reject overdrawing.

I believe he uses a prepaid reloadable debit card it's basically a debit card where you throw money into it and that's all you have (normally if you have over X amount of money in there they will charge a monthly service fee) incase you get scammed/hacked they wont have access to every cent only what's available on the card.

Reloadable credit cards you will need to be verified with ID...etc to prevent fraud in case anyone else was interested in getting one.

Yeah. Pretty much, but I think with this one you just pay $5 for it, then forced to load $20 onto the card as spending money, I think $20 is the cap tbh idk?

But thanks.

Yeah. Pretty much, but I think with this one you just pay $5 for it, then forced to load $20 onto the card as spending money, I think $20 is the cap tbh idk?

But thanks.

If its the one from Australia post its 5.95 for the card and you are forced to load it with a initial set amount (either 20, 50, 100 or 250) I'm not to sure about the max amount to be stored in the card but mine is 2k if that helps.

You can chose to deposit your PayPal balance into your bank account is how I take money from the card without paying the extra cost from an atm or something

If its the one from Australia post its 5.95 for the card and you are forced to load it with a initial set amount (either 20, 50, 100 or 250) I'm not to sure about the max amount to be stored in the card but mine is 2k if that helps.

You can chose to deposit your PayPal balance into your bank account is how I take money from the card without paying the extra cost from an atm or something

2 rich 4 me

But thanks. Do you have to load a card as well as a bank account? Or can u just do one of em?

2 rich 4 me

But thanks. Do you have to load a card as well as a bank account? Or can u just do one of em?

adding either one should be enough to get verified

Also, if your balance ever hits $1000 (in AUD; not sure about USD) then you'll get a surprise no-more-accessing-it-until-you-give-them-identification. :)

• 2 weeks later...

adding either one should be enough to get verified

I added my load and go card (aussie post) under debit card but i still cant add money to my account because i need to link a bank? So how does this work...

• 3 weeks later...

so..? ^ read above!

Erm read the terms of the card (most prepaid credit cards have some sort of fee) or when you added the card to paypal it should take a small fee and then refund it to verify the card the normal fee should be ~1$ for the paypal thing tho.

Have you checked the statement recently? from my experience load&go can take an extra day to show up?

Erm read the terms of the card (most prepaid credit cards have some sort of fee) or when you added the card to paypal it should take a small fee and then refund it to verify the card the normal fee should be ~1$ for the paypal thing tho.

Have you checked the statement recently? from my experience load&go can take an extra day to show up?

just checked after the long time. 

I contacted them and they deleted the card etc etc, i re-added it like they said and i went to confirm it before the load and go australian post locked me out for no reason??!??!?

And now i cant get it unlocked

just checked after the long time. 

I contacted them and they deleted the card etc etc, i re-added it like they said and i went to confirm it before the load and go australian post locked me out for no reason??!??!?

And now i cant get it unlocked

Thats a problem with australia post you should probably contact them to get it unlocked?

Mine went pretty smooth and so have a lot of others who i have recommended the load&go to so Im not too familiar with your situation. Only tim ei got locked out was when I screwed up my password too many times since because i didnt use it for a while.

Thats a problem with australia post you should probably contact them to get it unlocked?

Mine went pretty smooth and so have a lot of others who i have recommended the load&go to so Im not too familiar with your situation. Only tim ei got locked out was when I screwed up my password too many times since because i didnt use it for a while.

thats what just happened, i think i got my log in wrong too many times

Archived