Looking for a sweet gaming laptop around $2000

Bone

Hey,

YES IT NEEDS TO BE A LAPTOP.

Also, I live in India. So it should be available here :3

I can go up by a couple hundred dollars but that's the max.

Suggestions?

that's a pretty big budget for a laptop

maybe you should spend your money on more important things

My man, it's good to spoil yourself sometimes. Especially when you have to work to get stuff you want.

MSI, Digital Storm, and Asus are what I would check out. I don't really follow laptops -- and certainly not laptops available in India. So your best bet would just be to look into those brands. 

In terms of what you want hardware-wise....8gb of Ram, GTX960m (at the minimum -- although a 970m/980m would both be far better), a Haswell/Broadwell (broadwell would be better -- Haswell is 4xxx and Broadwell is 5xxx) i7. 

Something to keep in mind, mobile i3/i5/i7's aren't the same as desktop i3/i5/i7's. 

Desktop: 

i3 -- dual core w/ HT and turbo boost 

i5 -- quad core w/ turbo boost 

i7 -- quad core w/ HT and turbo boost 

Mobile: 

i3 -- dual core w/ HT

i5 -- dual core w/ HT and turbo boost 

i7 (non 47xx/57xx models) -- dual core w/ HT and turbo boost (higher clock speed than i5s/more cache -- i.e. not all that useful over a mobile i5). 

i7 (47xx/57xx models) -- quad cores w/ HT and turbo boost. 

I earnt the money im spending on this myself. And I will have some money left over. Everyone has their own hobbies man, I'd prefer getting a laptop right now than anything else.

MSI, Digital Storm, and Asus are what I would check out. I don't really follow laptops -- and certainly not laptops available in India. So your best bet would just be to look into those brands. 

In terms of what you want hardware-wise....8gb of Ram, GTX960m (at the minimum -- although a 970m/980m would both be far better), a Haswell/Broadwell (broadwell would be better -- Haswell is 4xxx and Broadwell is 5xxx) i7. 

Something to keep in mind, mobile i3/i5/i7's aren't the same as desktop i3/i5/i7's. 

Desktop: 

i3 -- dual core w/ HT and turbo boost 

i5 -- quad core w/ turbo boost 

i7 -- quad core w/ HT and turbo boost 

Mobile: 

i3 -- dual core w/ HT

i5 -- dual core w/ HT and turbo boost 

i7 (non 47xx/57xx models) -- dual core w/ HT and turbo boost (higher clock speed than i5s/more cache -- i.e. not all that useful over a mobile i5). 

i7 (47xx/57xx models) -- quad cores w/ HT and turbo boost. 

I was thinking that maybe if I could increase my budget, would probably take a couple more months, I could take a look into the ASUS ROG high end gaming laptop collection.

2000 dollars

Wants laptop

I already have a PC. I need a gaming laptop for travelling.

Get a cheap laptop for small loads then get a decent powerful pc. 2000 should be enough for both echs dee

Get a cheap laptop for small loads then get a decent powerful pc. 2000 should be enough for both echs dee

I have a PC. I will be travelling a lot, a lot. I need a high end gaming laptop 

Does it need to be light/thin/portable? If not: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT80-2QE-Titan-SLI.html

I couldn't find that exact model on Amazon, but this is somewhat similar: http://www.amazon.in/MSI-GE60-2QE-Apache-Pro/dp/B00W92J7C4/

If you need something portable, the Razer Blade might work.

It just needs to be a laptop. A heavy laptop is no problem for me. And I think the blade is just way too overpriced.

Hmm.. weird

MSI Dominator Pro GT72 2QE Notebook

This laptop is like 3.5k USD but has like 8GB ram and shit.. And then theres this one

ASUS G751JY-DB73X Intel Haswell Core i7-4870HQ

This is like 3k USD full maxed out

http://www.excaliberpc.com/635102/asus-g751jy-db73x-17.3-rog-laptop.html

Why is the MSI one so much more expensive? Also, i really find that asus one to be one sexy bitch. I might just work a few more months and save money for that

I will go against the grain here and say that most of the build reviews of the MSI laptops I've seen are terrible.  Asus is great, but Sager/Clevo is a pretty unknown comany that sells great laptops to both laptop distributors and normal consumers.  Great bang per $, but the power bricks are quite enormous.  

How many lbs are you looking for?

CD/DVD tray needed? (you could crossfire/sli without)

Battery life?

Screen res?

if your looking to programming id say get a processor with strong processor and atleast 8gigs of ram just a FYI o: and get a card that has no heating issues Nvidia cards fry easily in laptop so also part out some money for a laptop cooler again just a FYI for ur consideration

I will go against the grain here and say that most of the build reviews of the MSI laptops I've seen are terrible.  Asus is great, but Sager/Clevo is a pretty unknown comany that sells great laptops to both laptop distributors and normal consumers.  Great bang per $, but the power bricks are quite enormous.  

How many lbs are you looking for?

CD/DVD tray needed? (you could crossfire/sli without)

Battery life?

Screen res?

Yeah I agree with that now.

Also, this is the first time im hearing about "sager".. I checked out their website and the laptop is good but brand name is kinda ..eh.. you know what i mean right.

And about your questions

1. weight is not a problem

2. yes.

3. enough to atleast go like 7-8 hours of gaming/streaming/programming

4. IDK much about laptop resolutions, my current PC is 1920x1080 and i really like that. IDK if thats possible in laptops though. THe closest to that I guess

EDIT: I saw a sager laptop, the one the person below linked me to.. It looks.. bad.. and not in the good way..

MSI GT72 Dominator, coss around $1500 - 3200 depending on the parts you get

Not really worth it from what I heard

Like what Akrylon said, Sager has nice laptops. http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP9773.html This laptop even has a desktop CPU and a 6 GB VRAM 970M. Starting price is $1,799 USD.

Hmm

if your looking to programming id say get a processor with strong processor and atleast 8gigs of ram just a FYI o: and get a card that has no heating issues Nvidia cards fry easily in laptop so also part out some money for a laptop cooler again just a FYI for ur consideration

Yeah I might just get more than 8 gigs ram. 

And thanks for the graphic card warning, i'll check out laptops with AMD cards or get a cooler.

Archived