Specialize Killstreak Miscs

MLG_quickscoper_backstaber

Hello ! What do you think about spec. ks. miscs ? Worth ? I mean a bill`s hat for example . It will go higher in price in the future , like a collector item ? And where i can see how many of them are ? Is worth buying one now ? Your opinions guys .

I wouldnt, it doesnt do anything ingame. KS on weps that can't have KS applied to them will be better than hats with KS.

I wouldnt, it doesnt do anything ingame. KS on weps that can't have KS applied to them will be better than hats with KS.

lolno

lolno

Yeah, these weapons you speak of may end up as legitimate tour achievements and killstreak kits at some point. I highly doubt valve will sink as low as making killstreak hats..

Yeah, these weapons you speak of may end up as legitimate tour achievements and killstreak kits at some point. I highly doubt valve will sink as low as making killstreak hats..

they should let those ks hats count stats, i bet people will start flocking to it once it happens

Making the name longer with no functionality is disgusting. I actually see it more akin to stock weapons with and without name or desc tags. Clean unique stock weapons sell for 2-3x more than ones with added tags that are just visually displeasing. 

If they aren't tracking stats or adding any effect, the longer name is just annoying. For rarer items, I think adding killstreaks made the clean versions even rarer. Wouldn't be surprised if the value of the non-killstreak item went up.

Making the name longer with no functionality is disgusting. I actually see it more akin to stock weapons with and without name or desc tags. Clean unique stock weapons sell for 2-3x more than ones with added tags that are just visually displeasing. 

If they aren't tracking stats or adding any effect, the longer name is just annoying. For rarer items, I think adding killstreaks made the clean versions even rarer. Wouldn't be surprised if the value of the non-killstreak item went up.

Well, the killstreaked item could just be restored

collectors specialized killstreak sticky jumper on the other hand!!! its nice to have a sheen on your weapon but since the sheen is not visible on cosmetics then there is no point to do it.
I will add to that collectors specialiced gunboats. but not sure if the boats will make use of the sheen if they do though I will get them for sure.no matter the price.

it will make even more sense to use it on a strange pda. I will do that too.

Use the kits on weapons that don't have kits. Like fireproof secret diary. And gunboats. I assume if you get a pro ks gunboats then the killstreak effect will show.

Stuff that I recommend:

• Spellbooks(magazine and fireproof diary count)
  • Mad Milk/sodas
  • Soldier Backpacks/gunboats/B.A.S.E jumper
  • Rocket Jumper/Sticky Jumper
  • Bootlegger/Wee booties
  • Heavy lunchbox items(Sandvich et al)
  • Wrangler and PDA
  • Jarate and Sniper Backpacks
  • Spy watches/sappers

Only the Spellbook and maybe the wrangler track kills. The rest should all get sheens since the code probably works with them.

I really recommend Pro KS Gunboats.

Use the kits on weapons that don't have kits. Like fireproof secret diary. And gunboats. I assume if you get a pro ks gunboats then the killstreak effect will show.

Stuff that I recommend:

• Spellbooks(magazine and fireproof diary count)
  • Mad Milk/sodas
  • Soldier Backpacks/gunboats/B.A.S.E jumper
  • Rocket Jumper/Sticky Jumper
  • Bootlegger/Wee booties
  • Heavy lunchbox items(Sandvich et al)
  • Wrangler and PDA
  • Jarate and Sniper Backpacks
  • Spy watches/sappers

Only the Spellbook and maybe the wrangler track kills. The rest should all get sheens since the code probably works with them.

I really recommend Pro KS Gunboats.

the jumpers also track kills if you have them deployed on an rps taunt that is. I will test and let you know.

All invis watches carry the same sheen as your active weapon so dont use those.

Stuff like rocket jumper, sapper, pda, wrangler are good to have a sheen as those will never get a KS kit.

Can confirm eye effects and boots should work on gunboats as they equip like the manntreads which do work.

This should be a near comprehensive list of the glitch killstreaks that have been listed on the SCM: [giant link]

For obvious reasons any killstreak kits/fabricators with killstreaks applied and any weapons that share an item type with a normal killstreak weapon are not included.

EDIT: Ok it shows you the first page of those items and it tells us there are 66 different ones (67 minus the one Strange part that deals with Killstreaks) that have been listed, but the moment you try to go to another page the list breaks and shows you ones you shouldn't be seeing. So yeah.

EDIT 2: You can break it up further to try and avoid the above problem.
Spec. miscs and taunts: 47 of the listed 66
Spec. everything else: 15 of the listed 66

Pro. KS: 4 of the listed 66

To make a point: Killstreak sheens are shown on weapons because they have a special code that permit to show so (for example, the Bonk cans on the Bonk Hat can be seen because it reuses the same mesh & texture of the cans). Basically, if you want to see the sheen on cosmetics, you have to edit the .vmt files of it.

So yes... basically is both useless and useful at the same time.

This sums up my views perfectly - I'm not paying extra for another couple of words tacked on to the start of a hat's name. If it added an actual killstreaker and/or sheen, then fine, I might be inclined to pay a tad more, but as you say, if the words are just words, they mean nothing to me.

I saw this Genuine Horace (priced at 8 keys, suggestion to bring it down to 7) with a Spec KS attached. The guy wanted 40 keys. How can he possibly justify charging an extra 32-33 keys for literally two words?

This sums up my views perfectly - I'm not paying extra for another couple of words tacked on to the start of a hat's name. If it added an actual killstreaker and/or sheen, then fine, I might be inclined to pay a tad more, but as you say, if the words are just words, they mean nothing to me.

I saw this Genuine Horace (priced at 8 keys, suggestion to bring it down to 7) with a Spec KS attached. The guy wanted 40 keys. How can he possibly justify charging an extra 32-33 keys for literally two words?

I saw a specialized bonk helmet that the sheen was showing on the hat.ir was it only possible because it have the bonk model  which is a weapon.IDK and it is to expensive to experiment with various of hats right now.

the sticky and rocket jumpers though are getting the sheen to work and thats all I ever wanted to be honest!

They're fine for customizing your weapons which wouldn't normally allow killstreak kits, like the Jarate or Gunboats. For cosmetics, there isn't any difference to the way it appears in-game. I don't think most people would care about owning a cosmetic with a killstreak someone else attached to it.

Archived