Should i go vegan again? (Ex vegan)

NOpainNOgain

I used to be vegan for a very long time ( over 1 year ) and then i stopped because my doctor recommended me to stop and start eating meat and diary products because my health status was not really good and he told me nothing can replace the real stuff. I didn't feel well myself  and i felt like i need a break from being a vegan, but now I realized i cannot keep supporting the cruelty behind the meat and diary products industry and i want to become vegan again. What do you think ? I would love to hear some opinions .

Our bodies were built to run on both meat and plants.

I would strongly advise against going vegan especially since your doctor thought you needed to go back to eating the real deal.

Believe me, I've got nothing on vegans and vegetarians, but it's not healthy eating substitutes of the real deal, for the lack of a better word.

Do you want to go to the doctor again? Do you want to be living in an unhealthy state? Screw whatever your morals are, your health comes first.

You were recommended to stop acting like a vegan by your doctor due to your poor health status.

Becoming a vegan again will just be a bigger detriment to your current health.

Be a normal person

aka an Omnivore

Eat both meat and veggies

Edit: if your dying from caring about mindless animals then you should stop caring for them and care for yourself

"i cannot keep supporting the cruelty behind the meat and diary products industry"

Buy your stuff from nice local farmers

Also, 1 year isn't a long time. Don't act like it is.

If you really don't like the way animals are treated you can buy certain types of meat from certain types of supermarkets, they're usually called something like "free run" or "cruelty-free". They're a lot more expensive though.

If you really don't like the way animals are treated you can buy certain types of meat from certain types of supermarkets, they're usually called something like "free run" or "cruelty-free". They're a lot more expensive though.

I have a family member doing the same thing

Personally I've been vegetarian (not vegan) for over 2 years, and it improved my health once I stopped eating meat...

But if your body goes to shit when you go vegan, try being vegetarian. And if that doesn't work, get some free range meat; they don't treat those animals nearly as shitty as the ones from your meat factories.

I've been vegan for 6 years, no health problems have arise yet (I'm not stating this to be a snob or anything, just a sign that it can be done for longer). I take blood test every 6 months because I do understand the risk of such a lifestyle & it's important to check on your health every now & so.

Before I went vegan, I had to learn about what essential vitamin, minerals & maintain my diet so that the chances of health problems occurring is very minimal. 

Now that it's affecting your health, you need to seriously consider about whether or not this is something in your best interest. If you do want to return to vegan, perhaps maybe you should seek help (i.e. nutritionist) although I don't know the severity of your case. You shouldn't feel ashamed because your body can't handle the lifestyle. You tried & that's really all you can ask yourself.

If you do decide on to resume your current life but have moral issues, I would highly recommend what Free Money said

Anyway, really hope it works out for the best & best of luck in a decision.

No, if your doctor advised against going vegan there is a good reason to not go vegan. Your health should always have priority, especially when you are in the military

There's no point being Vegan to save the animals, they've already been slaughtered, you might as well buy the meat and at least help the slaughterer get a hefty profit

Archived