Looking to build a High-End Gaming PC for around $1,500

RedBatNick

So, lately I've been noticing that my PC isn't working as well as it used to, and I've been looking for recommendations for good parts to build a new gaming PC. I'm looking for something that could run games such as Fallout 3, or Skyrim, or similar on really high graphics, with no problems. Anyone got any really good ideas? :)

First of all, you don't even need 1k to build what you want

More like ~700, not including mouse/keyboard/mointer

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.98 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($47.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($87.88 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $674.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 20:33 EDT-0400
This will run most games at high ultra @60 fps, except for a few
For other parts you need a 4GB usb to install the operating system
if you need a mouse or a keyboard or mointer for a choice just ask
ALL CREDIT GOES TO Awesome, a active forum member in this area who knows a lot of about PC's

First of all, you don't even need 1k to build what you want

More like ~700, not including mouse/keyboard/mointer

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.98 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($47.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($87.88 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $674.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 20:33 EDT-0400
This will run most games at high ultra @60 fps, except for a few
For other parts you need a 4GB usb to install the operating system
if you need a mouse or a keyboard or mointer for a choice just ask
ALL CREDIT GOES TO Awesome, a active forum member in this area who knows a lot of about PC's

Thank you very much for this guide, I'll surely look into getting this one day. I'm amazed at how cost-efficent this is, I honestly never thought it would be possible to make the computer I need for this little :)

Thank you very much for this guide, I'll surely look into getting this one day. I'm amazed at how cost-efficent this is, I honestly never thought it would be possible to make the computer I need for this little :)

Monitor: http://www.amazon.com/24-1080p-ips/cp/e3cm3kf6tmtr46r 160$

Mouse: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g502-proteus-core-optical-gaming-mouse-with-40-in-steam-wallet-cards/9999249000050001.p?ref=199&loc=qcLRzjFniJE&acampID=1&siteID=qcLRzjFniJE-M91atnvupivfQ02qPzdinQ

Great mouse, comes with 2 20$ steam cards

and you'll need to find a keyboard your self :P

All credit once again goes to awesome

One more quick question before I forget. Is there anyway I can use 16GB as opposed to 8GB of memory? Also, any headsets you can recommend? (Sorry if I'm asking for too much :( )

One more quick question before I forget. Is there anyway I can use 16GB as opposed to 8GB of memory? Also, any headsets you can recommend? (Sorry if I'm asking for too much :( )

You can, but its not needed, Headsets? I don't really look into those, I just use my old PS3 headset

8gb of Ram is more than enough unless you plan on doing some heavy editing. 

The Kingston HyperX Clouds (1 or 2, they're basically the same with 2 having a detachable mic and virtual surround) would be my recommendation (unless you already have a pair of headphones in which case just get an Ant Lion ModMic 4.0. Alternatively, if you want to spend a bit more money, ATH M40x/Sennheisher HD518s/558 + Mod Mic are great choices. 

Archived