Headtaker taking Eyelander Kits; or the great item mess

Tasty Salamanders

EDIT-NOTICE: Been patched already apparently.

Exactly what it says on the tin; despite previously not accepting them, and Valve actually releasing Headtaker Kits last Halloween, Eyelander Kits can now be used on the Headtaker.

I grabbed a Pro. Eyelander Fab Kit with Villainous Violet sheen and a Flames killstreaker, quickly completed it, and applied it. So happy.

EDIT: Glitch is larger than I thought, see this thread instead: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/39564-the-show-off-your-ks-hats-weird-items-thread/

I think they patched it, it's not working.

Damn, already? That was fast. I literally did it several minutes before I made this thread, that was 20 minutes ago.

How do you apply the eyelander kit? I can't apply it. I still believe the glitch is still here.

Ok, I might have been premature in thinking it had been patched? Now I am not sure about this, but here is what I think might work. Emphasis on "what I think" and "might".

I think that only new kits that have been created since the glitch started will work, therefore a preexisting Eyelander kit will not work if it existed before the glitch started. What you need instead is an Eyelander fabricator and then complete it and the new Eyelander kit should be glitched and work on the Headtaker.

Again, I am not certain of this, it might work, it might not.

Archived