What makes you attached to a special level/quality?

Tanner the Original Scout™

This is something that is inspired by my famous level 52 "addiction". What exactly inspired you to attach to a level, number, or quality in terms of TF2 items?

I'm not really a hardcore collector but I do like level 100 items. It's probably because it's the only triple digit number (excluding mvm stuff) C:

My first hat i ever found was a Dixie (Why I love Dixies)

The owner of the Asiimov (Coridium) noticed me on the workshop page (Why i love Asiimovs)

The Winter Offensive Collection was the first collection to feature the Asiimov, Kami, Guardian, Redline, Pulse, Sandstorm and included the Marina, Kraken, Rising Skull, Rose Iron, Mehndi, Magma (Why I love the WO collection)

Summer Appetizer was the first TF2 update which released an event crate, which i joined in. When the update came out i joined a server and everyone was panicking. I found a case within the first 5 minutes and then gifted, using Pallet of Crates, some more to everyone on the server (Why I love Summer Appetizer)

Demoman_the_mask_of_the_shaman.png

Each shaman represents a believer in the Chicken God, and their human sacrifices motivate me throughout the day

But what inspired YOU?

I don't know.

I'll just paste what's on my Steam profile.

iBNxE.png

I unboxed my first ever crate and got an unusual with circling tf logo. Kinda went from there and meh

I unboxed my first ever crate and got an unusual with circling tf logo. Kinda went from there and meh

kek

Nice story actually.

Basically, my collection started on a whim. I had a streak where I found some good G. Fetti Quicksells on the market, and then I decided to grow the collection. What helped me make the decision was a relative lack of competition as few people collect G. Fetti (at a mere 24 hats, I've got one of the largest G.Fetti collections now) and fewer still collect robo hats, making it a perfect thing to be my "thing".

Same thing with my My Little Pony medal collection. I was having a streak where I was getting lots of decal tools as drops and my crafting was netting a lot of clan prides. So I made use of it and made a pony medal. The reason why was because people would rage at the fact that my Minigun was named Fluttershy, so I decided to make a full brony Heavy (Blonde Coupe, Professor Specs, Pony Medal). Though after making one, I figured, why not the whole cast? So I kept making them until they became what you see today. I should make more, but I'm at the point where 40 pages is not enough backpack space.

Archived